Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing Old Bray as his lantern was absolutely insane, it's easily the coolest entrance I've seen in WWE in a LOOOOOONG time. It got me thinking how great it would be to see him come out with heads of his defeated opponents. Like how great would it be to see him come out with Finn's head on the lantern this Tuesday? or Monday fuck it.

I'm all in with this character though, miles above everything else being shown right now.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Re: The Fiend should show up with his defeated opponents head

I love the idea but it might get hard to keep track of you know. Like if he has a match on Monday with Zack Ryder, does he bring the head of Ryder next monday, is it every ppv win?

Plus it might be costly and I doubt Vince wants to put more money into that entrance.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

It'd make more sense for him to have the head of the person he's facing that week, but either way, it's too expensive. It's not too expensive for them, but it's more expensive than they're willing to spend.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts

I think he should keep the gimmick selfish. The head is his old self. He should only worry about that. His opponents are nobodies to him.

Hulk Hogan these fools, like Austin said. Worry about yourself. Get yourself over.

Putting other people's heads on it gets them involved. I wouldn't if I was him.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,171 Posts

There's the practical matter that it probably takes a while to make those, I doubt he could have a new one made every week especially since WWE plans everything out last minute. Maybe a new one for every big 4 ppvs feud.

·
Registered
894 Posts

I hope he isn’t wrestling every week. Should only come out for ppv and on the shows run the firefly funhouse/promos/attack segments etc. if they trot him out there every week he will get stale fast.

This is a slow burn character, it’s also pretty much dead as soon as he loses so it needs to be drawn out for a while.

2,248 Posts

Only in a big ppvs like Taker from WM30 showing his opponents coffin.

·
seth will never be cool!
995 Posts

At first I thought it was Luke Harper's head.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts

They trying to sell those lanterns, be a bit harder to do if they always changing.

·
Registered
610 Posts

That sounds like a damn fine idea to me, I could see him building up a stack of victims and then displaying their heads in the same vein as if they were trophies. I will say that this is the most positive I have been regarding Bray Wyatt since about 2013, I love what they are doing with this persona

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts

That would not be considered "PG" so not gonna happen.

·
14,525 Posts

I hope he isn’t wrestling every week. Should only come out for ppv and on the shows run the firefly funhouse/promos/attack segments etc. if they trot him out there every week he will get stale fast.

This is a slow burn character, it’s also pretty much dead as soon as he loses so it needs to be drawn out for a while.
Indeed. I would go as far to say that we should only see the Fiend once during build to a PPV and the 3 other weeks it should be the "TV show presenter" Bray. Maybe you can run a Fiend hype package, but just one live appearance (an attack to set up his next victim at the PPV).

With this gimmick, less is definitely more. But this is WWE. They don't understand what "less" means.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts