Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Re: WWE creative didn't make the Fiend.

Per Dave Meltzer: "While the general audience seems to love Bray Wyatt's reinvention as "The Fiend", it seems he has many detractors within the company. The biggest one is Vince Mcmahon himself, it seems. According to Dave Meltzer, sources inside the company say that the chairman is not happy at all that Bray Wyatt created a character that requires a reduced scheduled to be effective, and feels it might be a "bad example" to the rest of the locker room."

Source: Wrestling Observer
Yeah, I'm going to assume that this is all Bray here.

We all know this isn't going to last with Bray. They'll eventually find a way to screw him over again and by this time next year, he'll be an afterthought getting boring fucks like Johnny Gargano and Roderick Strong over. For the time being, however, he is one of the few bright spots of this company right now and it's hard to find them. If people enjoy it, let them. It won't last but for now, it's the hottest character in the company right now.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Why don't you get a life instead of being disrespectful on a Wrestling forum? Bray's character is refreshing and actually consistent.
It wouldn't be WF if someone wasn't bitching about something even if the vast majority liked it. Always someone who had to voice their displeasure over great things like Punk's 434 day title reign, Bryan's anti-authority storyline, KO & Jericho friendship angle, and now this.

But don't let it get to you too much. This is the same forum that had people excited and loving Jinder's WOAT title reign and Goldberg squashing KO for the Universal title. In short...some poster's opinions are just straight garbage.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

I have no doubts that Bray came up with this on his own. WWE Creatives idea of a great character is a guy with long hair, a beard, and black trousers.

It's all Bray Wyatt's idea. This man oozes creativeness.

Edit: I'm not too sure how to embed YouTube links, so soz if it's not working properly.

The full link to this video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5TnXM5HfnI

You just need to put the part after the = in the Youtube brackets you used - D5TnXM5HfnI

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

We all know this isn't going to last with Bray. They'll eventually find a way to screw him over again and by this time next year, he'll be an afterthought getting boring fucks like Johnny Gargano and Roderick Strong over. For the time being, however, he is one of the few bright spots of this company right now and it's hard to find them. If people enjoy it, let them. It won't last but for now, it's the hottest character in the company right now.
Where are you getting this from? I looked in the WWE section of the latest Observer and found nothing like this.

I hope you just quoted one of these stupid sites that likes to say Meltzer said something when he really didn't, because if Vince really doesn't like Bray (as I called), ughh.

Also, the idea that he has "many detractors" in the company, and it's not just Vince being a stupid old man, wtf. The people in this company are SO. DUMB. It's astounding that they're still in business.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,880 Posts
So uhhh did Bray and The Fiend get cancelled? They're editting videos and now not mentioning him at all on tv after a ppvs debut win. What the hell?

I don't watch WWE but I mark for Wyatt. Is he gone? Because I am if he is.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
"While the general audience seems to love Bray Wyatt's reinvention as "The Fiend", it seems he has many detractors within the company. The biggest one is Vince Mcmahon himself, it seems. According to Dave Meltzer, sources inside the company say that the chairman is not happy at all that Bray Wyatt created a character that requires a reduced scheduled to be effective, and feels it might be a "bad example" to the rest of the locker room."

people find a character interesting because its not being over exposed? call me shocked. Its a main reason why lesnar is appealing. I'm sure vince will find a way to ruin this whole thing before long. If he doesn't like it then its basically over.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
"While the general audience seems to love Bray Wyatt's reinvention as "The Fiend", it seems he has many detractors within the company. The biggest one is Vince Mcmahon himself, it seems. According to Dave Meltzer, sources inside the company say that the chairman is not happy at all that Bray Wyatt created a character that requires a reduced scheduled to be effective, and feels it might be a "bad example" to the rest of the locker room."

people find a character interesting because its not being over exposed? call me shocked. Its a main reason why lesnar is appealing. I'm sure vince will find a way to ruin this whole thing before long. If he doesn't like it then its basically over.
I love when corporate hacks use this kind of talk to justify being shitty In their treatment of their employees

·
Banned
11,533 Posts

This can’t be real. Brock shows up every other month and Vince cums his pants for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,174 Posts
This can’t be real. Brock shows up every other month and Vince cums his pants for him.
brock is kinda different though, brock is in the position where he can dictate how much he wrestles, vince just has to eat it up. Im sure vince would love to have him there every week if he didnt have to bankrupt the company to make it happen.

brock is basically their last legit star that is below 50 and still wrestling so vince really needs him more than lesnar needs vince. If vince told brock that he doesnt like his reduced schedule, brock would just tell him to fuck off and that would be it.

bray is still very much in the category of "do what I fucking tell you or I will ruin you or fire you", vince wants them out there every week doing anything and everything he dreamt of last night.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
This doesn’t surprise me in the least. Vince is the dude that created the Wildcard rule, thinking the solution to the declining ratings was by giving the same 10 guys all the screen time on Raw & SD.

Who cares if he’s not appearing each week. Is that different than about 30% of the roster that never gets on tv? You could still advertise him to local markets and use him to boost house show numbers.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

Vince needs to chill the hell out.

Having the Fiend as a special attraction for a while will keep it over and elevate the other wrestler in any feud they get into. So what if that means a limited schedule for now, they can work it eventually that The Fiend is more of a weekly character like the Undertaker was successfully for many years but let it build.

Come on Summerslam didn't have Reigns, Bryan, Corbin, Zayn, Lacey and others and it didn't harm the show one bit having some rotation and not overbloating the show.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

Brock and the legends can be part-time attractions but how dare the first edgy cool WWE character in years have some mystique to it, Vince has forgotten how to create new stars that aren't cookie cutters ready to leave WWE for Hollywood in their thirties. Foley had to damn near kill himself for the WWE to respect him enough to hold the title around the Rock and elevate all the main event from the attitude era.

·
7,174 Posts
Brock and the legends can be part-time attractions but how dare the first edgy cool WWE character in years have some mystique to it, Vince has forgotten how to create new stars that aren't cookie cutters ready to leave WWE for Hollywood in their thirties.
as someone quite rightly said some time ago, people like hogan had more longevity to them because wwe simply didn't do as many shows in the 80s. It took longer to do things with him. These days, wwe is doing a PPV every single month with about 5 hours of TV every week.

naturally people get bored quicker. Keeping bray off TV increases the interest because people arnt being exposed to it all the time.

wwe would probably be more successful if they left people wanting more instead of saturated everything and everyone all the time.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
WWE have certainly got the whole presentation of him spot on. The entrance alone was something else. I'm sure Wyatt himself had a big hand in a lot of it I shouldn't wonder, but it all came together at Summerslam.

I'd be into the idea of keeping his matches for PPV's at this point. Using all that again on a random Raw just to wrestle someone would be a waste. The weekly shows should feature him building to the matches with attacks and vignettes etc. For now. Just don't over expose it for once. It's something unique and special.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts

This was fake brother.

·
7,174 Posts
This was fake brother.
well I criticised and called ignorant recently for constantly bashing on meltzer for being a broken clock (who apparently gets most things correct and I take issue for no reason) so wound my neck in here and ignored the source. I wouldnt normally entertain his comments in the slightest.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
well I criticised and called ignorant recently for constantly bashing on meltzer for being a broken clock (who apparently gets most things correct and I take issue for no reason) so wound my neck in here and ignored the source. I wouldnt normally entertain his comments in the slightest.
If it makes you feel better I posted it elsewhere and got shredded.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm loving Bray Wyatt's new character. That entrance was fuckin dope. The music and aura were perfect. I was completely entranced and the crowd was loving it. I don't remember the last time an entrance got a "This is awesome" chant. I'm a sucker for detail so when I saw The Fiend coming out with that lantern shaped as Wyatt's head I thought that was a great touch and throwback to his old character. Not gonna lie I'm not a huge fan of the Mandible Claw, but it's working out for him so far.

I don't know if they put him up against Rollins now, but I don't think he should be losing anything until Wrestlemania at the earliest. The Fiend could be a game-changer and if handled correctly, could be on the level of an old school Kane or Undertaker.

Mandible Claw? So first Owens steals that Stone Cold Stunner and now this clown is stealing the Mandible Claw? LOL WWE for this crap.

They're not even trying to live in the past. They're copying and repeating their own past. Pathetic

121 - 140 of 165 Posts