Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I dislike the theme, as I feel it should be a bit darker, almost like Mankind's entrance theme, but I do like the character thus far. It will suck to see him lose clean to Demon Balor in a few months before being routinely fed to midcarders and main eventers, but I will enjoy the strong booking while it lasts.

Reactions: Kratosx23

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: WWE creative didn't make the Fiend.

The fiend is trash for thirteen year olds.
I don't agree with you but even if it is for 13 year olds its still refreshing to see someone with you know , a character in today's WWE , something 90% of the roster lacks :toomanykobes. If more people in today's roster were more concerned about having a character than worrying about what "cool spot" they were gonna pull off , maybe the WWE would've not had a problem filling arenas and drawing ratings

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

Apparently, Bray is a locker room leader to some already (according to Strowman) and is seen as a creative genius so he may well have been given the time and space to develop "The Fiend" as he wished but someone major backstage must be a big supporter of Bray otherwise it's a non starter.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yes, they should have The Undertaker not only be retired but completely destroyed by an unproven character that looks like it came from a Slipknot fan's jerk-off diary.
Spliknot in wrestling. :eek:wens3

God bless The Fiend.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The Fiend needs to stay a special attraction, stay undefeated to build up how formidable he is much like Demon Balor and personally, you finally have an entrance and opponent that would be great to retire the Undertaker or at least beat Taker at Wrestlemania considering he's already had losses to Brock and Roman.

·
Angry at refs
3,240 Posts

It's all Bray Wyatt's idea. This man oozes creativeness.

Edit: I'm not too sure how to embed YouTube links, so soz if it's not working properly.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts

This is 4 years ago. Even then you see the inspiration for "The Fiend."

From everything we've heard most of this stuff is Bray's Brainchild. Doesn't mean he hasn't had help or other ideas along the way. But, what we're seeing now looks like what he always wanted to be. And it's amazing to see.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,821 Posts

He's an evil clown who pretends to be nice at moments. It doesn't take a lot of genius to come up with such a gimmick.. It's almost like they did this before but this is a 2019 version.

Oh wait they did

·
Premium Member
17,156 Posts

I don't even think they came up with this, this is too good, this is probably something Bray created himself and they let him go because they are desperate for some viewers.

I may sound exaggerating right now to some, but in my almost 21 years watching pro wrestling, I've seen very few characters with such a very well designed structure, presentation and background, the fiend irradiates it factor, all of it is great, the written of it is great.

This is something you could have put back in 98 along the likes of Taker, Kane and Mankind and probably would have been huge, but sadly it will just something that will pass unadvertised in this shitty era of wrestling or will just be ruined in about no time.
It was Jason Baker, film director.

There's an awesome podcast with him 'Wrestling Reality with Justin Labar', on April 26th. It was done the first week so the guy was scared to say too much and spoil things. But, he helped film a night of the living dead; whichever one took place in Pittsburgh.

Great podcast if you want to hear how they collaborated for the idea.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts

I agree OP but I fear this it's why he not gonna live to the hype, Bray created all the concept but at the end of day he still has to follows Vince madness, no wonder he didn't appear on RAW.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
I hope Bray Wyatt only does promos from his funhouse. He never comes to the ring or an arena unless he is the fiend.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts

Correct, they were dope when you were thirteen.
So you mean to tell me you are going to pretend like you are on this high horse and werent fans of gimmicks like Mankind, Undertaker, etc. STFU dude... this might be the dumbest attempt at being a smug, wrestling purist type. Oh what... how do you want your wrestling, grown ass man crying about gimmicks for an entertainment platform built for kids and teens.

81 - 100 of 165 Posts