Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

At Survivor Series, Daniel Bryan will willingly step into the darkness when he battles “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt for the Universal Championship.

This horror story began on the Nov. 7 edition of Friday Night SmackDown when Wyatt suddenly attacked Bryan in the locker room and took him down with the Mandible Claw.

The vicious assault prompted The Miz to question the mental state of the former WWE Champion when he had him as a guest on “Miz TV” the following week. A fired-up Bryan shot back at The A-Lister with a full demonstration of his immense passion. Bryan acknowledged his own mental instability but expressed his belief that it somehow puts him on common ground with the equally unstable Wyatt.

But when Wyatt and his Firefly Fun House friends joined the fray and attempted to manipulate Bryan with an aggressive “Yes and No” debate, The Beard saw right through the head games and wasted no time challenging Wyatt to a Universal Title Match, resulting in the smiling Wyatt responding with a “Yes!” chant of his own.

“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt is a truly dark force of fury in WWE, but Bryan has been defying the odds since day one and will not back down for a second. Don’t miss Survivor Series, Sunday Nov. 24, beginning at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Re: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan (Universal Championship)

Classic written all over this. MOTY incoming.

Unless Bray just squashes him. Disrespecting Daniel Bryan is Vince's favourite thing to do, so it's possible.

Give them 25 minutes and let them both shine. Obviously Bray needs to win, but no need to geek DB out.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,055 Posts
Re: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan (Universal Championship)

Lets be realistic. With the way WWE books the current Fiend character in ring this match will suck seven shades of donkey shit.

Red lighting, no selling everything, finishers mean nothing. Even Daniel Bryan's poor attempt at pretending to be an MMA Fighter in the ring cant make that entertaining.

·
Registered
493 Posts
This has all the makings of being an absolute classic contest when he was Bray Wyatt but now it's The Fiend vs. A lost and confused trying to revive himself to the Yes Movement Daniel Bryan. If their Royal Rumble 2014 match has indication of what to expect at Survivor Series then I see this encounter closing the show!

·
Likes wrestling....
7,968 Posts
Honestly....to me Story>Match Quality.

And I understand the two are not mutually exclusive. But the story is Bray needs to stay strong and Bryan is lost.

Bryan should eat the pin relatively quickly and join Sami and Naka....The three of them in one faction would be awesome.

But yes the red light has to go!

So I wonder sometimes if you "work-rate guys and gals" love synchronized swimming?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I think they will extend this feud past SS and into TLC. So I see somewhat of a controversial finish. They need more time to build the feud and have Bray explain in more detail why he attacked Bryan.

·
Butter My Arse
11,734 Posts
On their own, these two work together extremely well. MOTYC all the way back in 2014 and also had some good matches on Raw not long after. With Bray’s improved physical condition and Bryan’s aggressive demeanour this could be a...a...wait, what?

...uuhhsaid...

What?

:vince5 DAMMIT I SAID GET THE RED LIGHTS OUT HERE AND IF I SEE THE FIEND SELL ANYTHING - *ANYTHING* AT ALL - YOU’RE ALL FIRED! ALSO MAKE IT SOPHISTICATED!

Oh well...maybe another day.

·
The NEW
13,402 Posts
I always trust Bryan to get the best out of anyone, but I am really not sure what to think of this. Not a fan of the whole Fiend gimmick & the matches with Seth were some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

·
Registered
22,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I honestly don't know what to expect from this.

Let me say that I really like the story. Bryan is at a cross roads in his career. He gave up being the "Yes Man" and moved on to be the Eco Warrior. But now after his feud with Rowan and Roman, he's not that anymore either. And now that he's a good guy again, people automatically assumed that he would be the Yes Man again.

But he hasn't. Because he doesn't know what he is right now. All he knows is that he's crazy and passionate about wrestling. Enter Bray Wyatt who has his own history with Bryan that he alluded to. And Bray being the mastermind he is trying to goad Bryan back into what he once was, even mocking his old chants. And Bryan, being far smarter than Seth was in his feud, says he's not gonna play games and that if we're gonna do this, he wants the title.

So, I like a lot of this. But then I think, how's the match gonna go.

Now if you don't know, I love The Fiend Bray Wyatt. Everything he's done to reinvent himself since he's been back I think has been great and while his matches are never gonna be 5 star classics, I don't care. Because I'm that captivated by everything else he does.

But then we run into issues. #1, the red lights suck, they need to go away. And #2, Bray is too protected. Don't get me wrong, I love having an unstoppable monster that you just think "how does anyone beat this guy"? But there's a line you shouldn't cross to get there. And no selling 20 Curb Stomps isn't the way to go.

So yeah, I think a match between these 2 COULD be great. If they worked a match similar to Bryan vs. Lesnar from last year's Survivor Series, that could really work. But if this just going to be another finisher spamming match, then I don't know if even Bryan can make this work as well as it should.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I always trust Bryan to get the best out of anyone, but I am really not sure what to think of this. Not a fan of the whole Fiend gimmick & the matches with Seth were some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
"It could be amazing" we all say when deep down we already know its going to be a hundred running knees getting no sold in unwatchable red

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
That's exactly it, these two guys could have the match of the year, but they aren't going to be allowed to. Wyatt will dominate, Bryan will make a comeback and land about 10 running knees, Wyatt will no sell them and beat him with either Sister Abigail or the Mandible Claw.

I'm a huge fan of both guys, and I know Bryan is going nowhere, so it's nice to at least see him get a big PPV match with the hottest act in the company, while Bryan is a good first title defence for Bray. Hopefully it's the main event. I'm not a fan of multi man matches going last, Brock/Rey probably won't be great, and Bayley and Shayna are nowhere near big enough stars to main event a big 4 PPV.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
So losing to a no name, NXT geek, clean, just over a week ago, earns you a title shot now, does it?

This fucking booking. My God. I love Bryan but this is just fucking stupid.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Bray matches are glorified segments which is not a bad thing because it's what it's right for his character and Bray has never been someone whose in-ring work is a consider his bets attribute.

We already saw this match before with Finn Balor and Seth Rollins, quick guys flipping around, kick-out fest, big spot and it's over.

I'm more interested in the re-match at TLC, The Fiend's character is way more interesting in gimmick matches.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts