Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
24,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Second chances are hard to come by, but Daniel Bryan just earned his.

Bryan fell to “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt at Survivor Series in November, and he was subsequently dragged to hell and had his hair ripped out by the Universal Champion several nights later. This horrific scene left many to wonder if Wyatt had broken Bryan permanently.

Instead, quite the opposite happened: It gave Bryan new life.

Coming back with a new look and a new yet familiar attitude, Bryan reconnected with the WWE Universe, reignited the “Yes!” Movement and defeated The Miz and King Corbin in a Triple Threat Match on the December 27 edition of Friday Night SmackDown to earn the right to yet again challenge “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt for the Universal Title at Royal Rumble 2020.

After “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt attempted to attack Kane on the Jan. 17 edition of SmackDown, Bryan asked for the Universal Title to be on the line in a Strap Match at Royal Rumble, where a leather strap will be tied to the wrist of each competitor.

Who will survive when the competitors are bound by the wrists for what is sure to be a harrowing showdown? Find out when Royal Rumble 2020 streams live on the award-winning WWE Network on Sunday, Jan. 26!

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,818 Posts

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
SD Friday killed any momentum Bryan had.

They need to badly ease off on Corbin stuff as he is all over show and main focus of everything. Bryan and Miz felt like complete after thoughts this past Friday. The bit where the two were out wrestling on their own half way through show was like watching prelim match.

Going take a shit load of work to get Bryan as hot as he was at the end of the Fiend match at TLC..or maybe that's their whole plan

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I really don't think they're going to go with Wyatt/Reigns at Mania. I just don't think they're going to put their eggs in the Reigns basket to risk the backlash. I'm thinking Rollins as a Mania opponent for Reigns, with that possibly being set up in the Rumble.

I've had a feeling that FOX really wants to promote Daniel Bryan as the top babyface, and I've never really bought that Wyatt was really ever supposed to be the Universal Champion. My head says Wyatt retains, but there's always been this rankle in me that thinks Bryan gets it. I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

The other day while I was doing some thinking over a coffee, however, I came up with this story, however: Wyatt beats Bryan and then Bryan realizes he needs to go back to the drawing board. He needs to find that spark again. This all started when Adam Cole beat him. Daniel Bryan needs to go to NXT.

They're going to want to prop that show up more, and when you think about it, Bryan is the perfect guy to appeal to both hardcore fans and casuals. They don't need to remove him from the SmackDown roster permanently. He can show up on both shows to further promote NXT. It also creates some room at the top for a new underdog, because having Bryan in that spot kind of feels like it puts a cap on your Chad Gables, etc.

Eh, just a crazy theory.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
They‘ve only teased 1 match for the main event of WM so far with a face-to-face moment to let the idea sink in, and that tease was Roman vs Bryan.
If Daniel Bryan is ever going to main event Wrestlemania again, he would need to go into the match as champion.

The unique stipulation could protect the Fiend, who was never supposed to be champion for ‘Mania season originally anyway, and can now win a high profile match without the title instead.

This match is also framed as Daniel Bryan’s second chance at the title, so if he loses again it’ll kill his babyface run.

Since Bryan cut his hair for a totally new look, his babyface run isn’t going to be over this quickly.

Overall, I’m expecting Bryan to win.

However, a loss for Bryan would have to lead to an immediate dominant win for him in the mid-card. This would be Nakamura vs Daniel Bryan for the IC title at WM, with Zayn/Cesaro matches in the build.

Those Bryan/Zayn promos would be gold, and WWE has a recent history of placing a technical dream match early on the WM card.

I’d much rather see Daniel Bryan yessing with the Universal Championship for the next 3 months with Roman and the Usos building against him.

·
2,818 Posts
im sorry but strap matches are usually terrible.

·
2,818 Posts
Yep. Ruined the match for me
i thought when he was hyping up "no escape" it would be a cage, and clearly the crowd did too, you could hear the disappointment.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i thought when he was hyping up "no escape" it would be a cage, and clearly the crowd did too, you could hear the disappointment.
It's a shame because I was actually seriously interested in the match...and there aren't many 1 on 1 matches in which I get interested. But anyway I don't think it hurts the card that much. It's the RR PPV, we already have the 2 RR matches. Asuka vs Becky and the US title match will be 2 good matches as well

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Bryan is not winning and the stipulation is there to protect him in defeat.

Another thing is that they probably added the stipulation so that the crowd does not lose interest in the match, last year Bryan vs Styles singles match was ruined by the apathic of the crowd, they were already burned out by the women's rumble match and just waiting for the men's rumble to go home.

Anyway this will no be longer than 10 minutes, otherwise Fiend's character gets exposed and the crowd will lose interest in the match.

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
Just to ask, this match isn't going to be one of those deals where they have to touch all 4 turnbuckle pads right? Like how JBL and Eddie did?

I mean that match works at times, like with Eddie and JBL, but for the Fiend to be in a match like that? It would just look silly.

As for the match itself, Bryan is known for making the best out of any situation. Hell, I really enjoyed Bryan and Bray's Survivor Series match. So Bray and Bryan beating the hell out of each other with a strap if done right could be really good as well.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,136 Posts
Just to ask, this match isn't going to be one of those deals where they have to touch all 4 turnbuckle pads right? Like how JBL and Eddie did?

I mean that match works at times, like with Eddie and JBL, but for the Fiend to be in a match like that? It would just look silly.

As for the match itself, Bryan is known for making the best out of any situation. Hell, I really enjoyed Bryan and Bray's Survivor Series match. So Bray and Bryan beating the hell out of each other with a strap if done right could be really good as well.
Yeah same idea, gotta touch all 4 posts. I’m disappointed that they are going this route but I guess it kind of protects Bryan a little bit from his eventual loss.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That was some seriously terrible selling by Bryan after the match. I know he got a few lashes but come on looked like he had been drinking for days lol. He is a bit amateurish at times a hangover of years in the indys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts