Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
It would be a slap in the face to Sasha if she doesn't finally take the belt. She's so much better than everyone else on the NXT roster right now.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Becky's certainly not a far-fetched choice in all honesty. No one really is, and I honestly can't choose who I think should win.

Charlotte needs developmental more than the other three overall. Sasha has proven herself to be great in all departments and Bayley has as well, and Becky is clearly quite capable outside of the ring as we see when she does her promos, and inside the ring if her past work is anything to go by (and it is).

But I can see why they'd want to call her up so quickly. She's turning 29 this year and is the daughter of Ric Flair, so it's not exactly surprising to think they might want to get the best out of her because almost all divas are either let go or retire themselves by around the mid thirties anyway.

Becky just turned 28 but she hasn't had the character development Charlotte has so I can see them keeping her in for a while. As champion so soon? It seems like a bit of a SWERVE but it's not unlikely.

Sasha has apparently been on main roster house/dark shows really often and she's definitely the most ready for the main roster, but she's young and hasn't got as many things going for her as Charlotte does for non-NXT fans, so I can see her doing anything. Whether it be winning and staying on NXT, or losing and staying on NXT, or even losing and going to the main roster (soonish), it all seems pretty likely for her.

As for Bayley though, it's hard to say, because she's also very ready for the main roster, and has more of a niche as a family-oriented character, or at least one that could be, for the main roster. Then again, she was just recently injured (or was it storyline? If it was storyline dismiss this part of the post) and she might want to stay back to recuperate to 100%, or maybe officials want her to.

Plus, her own little Zayn-esque road to the championship could go either way - the ultimate pay-off for the fans (as well as Bayley) in seeing Bayley win the title after such a hard road based on her niceness, or alternatively, the idea of having a second road to redemption storyline could deter the writers from wanting to make her go there.

Personally in my perspective the odds are something like:
Charlotte: 32.5%
Sasha: 25%
Bayley: 22.5%
Becky: 20%

All pretty close, with the more likely winner standing out a lot more, but ultimately so close it could really go any way.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Bayley unfortunately.. It should be a solid match.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Becky is my favorite in the match but I know she should probably wait abit before getting a title reign. It would still be great to see her pull off a surprise victory in this match.

My second fave is Bayley and I think she deserves to win the most. It could lead to a solid title match against Sasha at the next PPV.

No matter what happens I think the next title reign shouldn't last as long as the first two.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sasha to win. Then fued with Bailey for the next special. Simple booking.

·
Registered
451 Posts
They made it fairly obvious that it is going to be Becky on NXT TV this week. If you listen to commentators they keep mentioning Team BAE is an alliance and not a friendship. You also have Becky's comments in the backstage segment. Fans online who attend NXT shows regularly all seem to pick her too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sasha has apparently been on main roster house/dark shows really often and she's definitely the most ready for the main roster, but she's young and hasn't got as many things going for her as Charlotte does for non-NXT fans, so I can see her doing anything. Whether it be winning and staying on NXT, or losing and staying on NXT, or even losing and going to the main roster (soonish), it all seems pretty likely for her.
why do people keep saying shes to young? She's TWO (2) years older then Paige! Is it cause she hasn't been wrestling as long as some others? cause look at what is/has been on the main roster. I don't think that matters.

As for my pick I hope Sasha for a short run then to a call up. If she doesn't win then I'm hoping for a call up sooner cause I feel like she fits the main roster better then any one in NXT.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
why do people keep saying shes to young? She's TWO (2) years older then Paige! Is it cause she hasn't been wrestling as long as some others? cause look at what is/has been on the main roster. I don't think that matters.
Way to nitpick lol. No, it's because she's young in comparison to the other three. Bayley's 26 this year, Charlotte is 29 this year and Becky is 28.

Sasha isn't two years older than Paige she is five months older than Paige.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I feel like Bayley is being set up for a title reign very soon. If not at this Fatal For Way, then soon afterward.

If Bayley doesn't win, I could easily see Sasha Banks winning and have a feud with Bayley (and possibly Becky Lynch) where the title trades hands a couple of times.

I'd be surprised if Charlotte were to retain at the event. Her reign feels like it's run its course and the next few weeks should be set up as a way to get her out of development (since it feels like she's close to being called-up).

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Bayley's time has passed and she's been in developmental for too long. She should be on Raw as AJ's superfan. Charlotte should be on the main roster by now since she's so much better than every other woman on the roster. Becky has sucked ever since she debuted and has yet to impress me. Sasha has been very good lately and if it were up to me I'd give her the title and let her have a good run with the belt until she gets called up. A few months of being champion would be good for her, maybe even with a babyface turn to see how she connects with the audience.

I think Charlotte will lose the title because it's a match where doesn't need to get pinned and Sasha will probably win it.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I too think that Charlotte will be getting a post-WM call-up so I think she's definitely losing the championship at Takeover Rival. I think Sasha Banks needs to win the championship and then feud with Bayley and Becky, then Alexa Bliss and Carmella can get built up abit more for the future.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts