Wrestling Forum banner

The Famous Undertaker WM Streak Ending

4046 Views 39 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Ph3n0m
There was none more disappointed as me to finally hear the confirmed Undertaker match for Wrestlemania against Triple H. I was convinced that Shawn MIchaels would return for a one-off match and face Undertaker for the third time and finally defeat him, thus retiring both stars. Let's face it, Undi is close to the end of his career. His got nothing left to do and his body can not withstand any more punishment.
There are reasons for this belief. Firstly, storyline wise it makes sense. Michaels has not had the retribution that is required in this story. I respect that he has stayed away but is this really the end of his career? No big deal was made really. Maybe that is the way it is to be these days. After all, far too many have screwed around returning to matches after a huge retirement send off ie Ric Flair.
I went out on a limb over this Michaels returning for the third time thing, but I am not going to let it go yet. The reason being, WWE have not let it go yet. Michaels is in a video on WWE.com right now talking about how part of him would be upset if H won due to the fact that HBK "couldn't get the job done". What does all this mean if it is not for storyline?
I'm hoping that there is a larger plan and that WWE really have got this one together for a huge long term storyline. HBK is firmly still in the picture as far as WWE goes and from a storyline point of view his mind is still on the Undertaker and ending the streak (as far as what WWE are showing).
I think this story may come full circle. I think Taker will retire Triple H at Mania and Michaels will return next year for the big third match. In my opinion, Triple H isn't the man for the job of ending the infamous streak, surely? I could perhaps accept the likes of Jericho ending it. I would however vomit all over myself if I was to consider for one moment that Kane could be the one. Preposterous.
HBK vs Taker (WM28).
Thoughts?
Reactions: wrestlingfan91
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Shawn will not fall for the "one more match" chants. He is retired.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Whilst I would LOVE to see HBK in one more match, it isn't going to happen, he had an amazing final match (in my oppinion) and it would ruin the legacy of the match to see him in the ring again.

Also as to next year's Wrestlemania let's face Taker is going to beat HHH you know it's going to happen, it'll me he's 19-0, there's alot of speculation that Taker will face Cena for his 20th Wrestlemania match.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
i feel really its too late to end the streak..... if it was gonna happen, it should have been a rock, austin, hbk, or a hogan ending it, and HHH is none of those things (and yes my fave of all time is my time HHH)

frankly, everyone got sick of him when he was the raw champion for 18 months back in 02-03, and i know by using this logic some spook is gonna fire back with "well shouldnt everyone be sick of cena"... and my answer is..... well yeah 8*D

and also 20-0 just has a nicer ring to it than 18/19-1

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some interesting comments coming back.
I think it's true that Undi could return 20-0. That's definitely a possibility. I don't think Triple H has the character to end the streak. If anyone, they will probably give it to Cena. For crying out loud, it's like the guy owns the company or something the way they treat him. He can do no wrong. His character is a mess though. In my opinion they should turn him heel, but that's for another discussion.
I still think Michaels could come back and get the job done one last time. He's just that sort of gifted athlete.
Remember when he returned after an injury to team with Austin to face Owen and Bulldog? What a performance! He seems to thrive on time away.
I can see the arguments that he is gone for good. I still think he needs just one last match and he is the only one that can end the strike in my humble opinion.

· Wrestling is better while drinking
2,039 Posts
I am a huge HBK mark. He is by far my favorite wrestler of all time even though I know he isn't the greatest draw and all the arguments people have against him. As a huge mark for the man, I hate the thought of never seeing him wrestle again. However, I think he ended his career on a great note. He didn't stay too long and he left putting on an awesome show, not being a shadow of his former self.

I am not sure how they write the storyline for Taker to retire after 20 wins, but I would love to see him hit 20-0 and retire. He has been a huge WWE guy for a long time and deserves to leave with a legendary legacy. I don't see him ever becoming a Hogan or a Flair and wrestling past retirement time.

· Registered
364 Posts
Well, the idea of HHH/Taker this year bores me to tears, but I suppose it's a necessity- there's nobody else for him to face this year, and Cena should pretty much be a lock for WM28.

I would have liked to see him fight Barrett this year, but granted; Triple H will draw more.

· Banned
5,193 Posts
Taker will beat HHH, the "die" for few months, come back for the 500th time, do another story in fall, the disappear again and return 2-3 months pre-WM. It's obvious that's he gonna beat that one,, too no matter against whom. And then I hope instead of being absent for another time period he'll retire once for all...

· Registered
2,476 Posts
what im trying to figure out is IF shawn michaels is referee how will they manage to get taker the win? im thinking he turns on HHH much like tyson did at wrestlemania 14.

· Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm a pretty big Triple H fan, but if he ends the streak I'm gonna be pissed. His career doesn't need the rub it would give him. Someone up and coming should be the one to end it if it does indeed ever end...

· Registered
99 Posts
I WOULD BE HAPPY IF SHAWN MICHAELS RAN DOWN TO THE RING AND CAUSE HHH TO LOSE
NOW THAT WOULD ADD SOME REAL DRAMA TO THE WWE

· Registered
484 Posts
Have Undertaker beat Triple H and win/retain a World Title at WM28 to make him 20-0.

Then, have someone cash money in the bank to make it 20-1. Imagine the heat.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.