Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On BARB it is showing that BFG pulled in 33,000, which is the most I have seen any show pull on that channel. By UK TNA standards it may seem rubbish, but when the PPVs first went on there they pulled around 13,000 average and this is without any advertising anywhere to say TNA is now on this channel. I'm sure word has spread via word of mouth and the internet. Bravo have not once mentioned that the PPVs have moved over to there.

The point I'm trying to make is TNA is clearly a ratings winner on this channel. The highest I've seen prior to this was probably in the region of 20,000 viewers for a non TNA program. I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Just saying move the damn company to the U.K , fire the people that don't wanna move get more U.K wrestlers. TNA was going 2,500 - 8,000 shows out there and they better T.V. #s

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Just saying move the damn company to the U.K , fire the people that don't wanna move get more U.K wrestlers. TNA was going 2,500 - 8,000 shows out there and they better T.V. #s
but how many of those would go back every week. i wouldnt. What they should do however is come over quarterly. Its obvious they get most of Ticket sales money from over here and if they keep there current schedule but do it. Filming there current schedule of two shows every forngiht or whatever. Then 1 live show a month the week before the PPV to generate buys and interest then PPVS not in the Zone.

Then every 3rd month so February, May, August, November come over to england. spend 2 weeks here e.g. 1st to 14th of the month or whatever in that time
Feb 4th impact filmed in M.E.N arena. On day 3
Feb 11th Impact filmed in Glasogow o day 5
Feb 18th Impact filmed in Belfast on day 7
Feb 25th impact filmed in london on day 10

PPV Feb 12th show live 8pm England time from Birmingham (centre of country will get highest gate as lots will travel to birmingham for a live PPV)

have a few house shows in between the filming days in other areas.

repeat but rotate areas for other 4 months, this would bring in shitloads of money for TNA.

But if they came over permanent then i highly doubt many British fans wouldnt pay to go every week.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I really hope they don't end up on Extreme Sports, it's total garbage and their changes of growth are much reduced. So I see this as bad news, oddly enough!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I really hope they don't end up on Extreme Sports, it's total garbage and their changes of growth are much reduced. So I see this as bad news, oddly enough!
Its defiantly a step down but if it allows Extreme Sports to grow as a channel as well then I can see it doing good. In fact I think it would be in ES' favour if they just whored out TNA programming and sent out advertisements.

For the channels highest recorded rating I'm not sure about that, I think back in August I saw they did something like 50k.

·
Registered
32 Posts
off topic does anyone remember the wrestling channel what happend to it they used to show all the tna ppvs and shows on there thats how i got in to tna

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,970 Posts
How is 33,000 better than 1,000,000+ viewers?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
They get those attendances due to the fact that there are, literally, 2 or 3 major wrestling shows in the U.K. per year. If you can find any evidence of a British promotion drawing 8,000 people, on a weekly basis, then you'll have a valid point.

Do you honestly believe that the U.K. is a bigger pro wrestling market than the U.S.?

·
Registered
843 Posts
off topic does anyone remember the wrestling channel what happend to it they used to show all the tna ppvs and shows on there thats how i got in to tna
Same here I got into TNA via the wrestling channel. I loved that channel and always use to watch TNA on it. Anyone know what happened to it?

That was when the matches in TNA was sick! They need to slowly get rid of people from there current roster and focus on bringing in some of the people from the indies like they did before. Older talent should only be used to put younger people over unless they can still really go some!

·
Registered
843 Posts
To add I think they should go back onto the Virgin 1 channel. It is on freeview and is probably distributed to a greater viewing audience. BTW does anyone know what the rating was like on their brief tenture on that channel?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I herd that they were trying to get the wrestling channel back, dnt no how true this is, any one else herd this I no it was not the best but if it dose come back hopefuly it would better quality.

·
Registered
357 Posts
To add I think they should go back onto the Virgin 1 channel. It is on freeview and is probably distributed to a greater viewing audience. BTW does anyone know what the rating was like on their brief tenture on that channel?
Virgin 1, now called channel one is to cease in January, along with Bravo.:(

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Five USA is the answer, but I don't think anyone in TNA has anyone doing UK/Europe marketing.
You really think the Five network would bother with TNA? They showed some UFC in the past but they showed them after midnight. How fucked is that? Remember the mockery they made of WCW?

Same here I got into TNA via the wrestling channel. I loved that channel and always use to watch TNA on it. Anyone know what happened to it?
That was when the matches in TNA was sick! They need to slowly get rid of people from there current roster and focus on bringing in some of the people from the indies like they did before. Older talent should only be used to put younger people over unless they can still really go some!
Come on dude, the channel went bust years ago after the Fight Network took over. They sold out, the amateurs.
Have you been living under a rock? The Living group of channels including V1 are owned by Sky now and they have decided to shut down Bravo and V1.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yeah, The Wrestling Channel was great, used to get Impact, the weekly PPVs and ROH on there. TNA should find a way to broadcast the weekly PPVs some time, back when TNA was in a fairground and not a tourist park.

·
Registered
894 Posts
They get those attendances due to the fact that there are, literally, 2 or 3 major wrestling shows in the U.K. per year. If you can find any evidence of a British promotion drawing 8,000 people, on a weekly basis, then you'll have a valid point.

Do you honestly believe that the U.K. is a bigger pro wrestling market than the U.S.?
I've been trying to explain this to people aswell. The only reason WWE and TNA get big attendances in the UK is because they only go there once/twice a year. It's an occasion, and those 18,000 or so people that visit the 02 arena for RAW, are probably most of the people willing to pay for a ticket to watch a wrestling event in the London Metro Area. I Doubt there's many more wrestling fans like that in London.

A UK market is not sustainable, because the number of fans are smaller. You can't run a promotion all year round from there. Also, The US is the biggest market in pro-wrestling, especially the north-east of the US when it comes down to TNA.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
You really think the Five network would bother with TNA? They showed some UFC in the past but they showed them after midnight. How fucked is that? Remember the mockery they made of WCW?
I actually quite enjoyed that six-week period where you could watch Malenko, Saturn, Guerrero and Benoit in two promotions at once.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts