Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3667 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
oh it will definitely happen soon, you just know becky has wanted to get that win back, she was still complaining about putting alexa over when alexa wasn't even on sd anymore.
I just don't see how we get from Charlotte burying her to Alexa facing Becky for the SmackDown Title. Like I said, after the segment tonight I really think we're about to see Alexa go on a losing streak that leads to her dropping the gimmick. I can't imagine her losing on Sunday and coming out to challenge Becky a couple of weeks later as if nothing happened.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
19,972 Posts
Alexa Bliss as the old character is what's best for her (y)

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I don't really see this gimmick being dropped, the merch is selling well
Huge merch sales didn't even stop them from firing somebody. Charlotte went a little too hard in the paint in terms of telling Bliss how much her gimmick sucks, how she's a joke and how she needs to be the old Alexa again. Nobody she had worked with as Playground Alexa has done that to her. Even Randy freaking Orton had to sell that he was afraid of her on some level or at least that he looked at her as a threat. Everything about that segment screamed Alexa transitioning away from the gimmick.

Alexa has less chance of winning if they don’t announce her from Columbus, Ohio. You would want to maximize that pop if she is winning.
We're way past that. It doesn't matter if they announce that she's from Mars. Before tonight I had maybe 10% hope that she could get the belt one more time. After tonight it's 0%.

·
Registered
Monday Night Raw is a scripted live TV show
807 Posts
Its finally time to transition away from the gimmick IF this is what is actually happening. We are 1 year+ into this gimmick and nothing important happened to Alexa during this time, except maybe the mini-feud against Asuka. I was starting to get used to the gimmick but if Alexa has to go back to the Goddess to possibly became a champion again, please, do it.

·
19,972 Posts
Randy Orton had no business selling for this newer character in the 1st place 😂

Just give Alexa her old character back.

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Huge merch sales didn't even stop them from firing somebody. Charlotte went a little too hard in the paint in terms of telling Bliss how much her gimmick sucks, how she's a joke and how she needs to be the old Alexa again. Nobody she had worked with as Playground Alexa has done that to her. Even Randy freaking Orton had to sell that he was afraid of her on some level or at least that he looked at her as a threat. Everything about that segment screamed Alexa transitioning away from the gimmick.
wyatt there was clearly other issues. as for what charlotte said, doesn't really mean anything, that's her typical gaslighting promo that she has cut for years

Nobody she had worked with as Playground Alexa has done that to her.
pretty sure both baszler and eva marie had segments on that set where they weren't intimated, hell even eva marie had her beat down on it. the orton stuff that was when she was still with wyatt, the character since then clearly has had an alteration.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
pretty sure both baszler and eva marie had segments on that set where they weren't intimated, hell even eva marie had her beat down on it.
There's a difference between saying "I'm not scared of a doll" in character and then getting your ass whooped, and Charlotte shitting on the gimmick itself. When you shit on the gimmick, ridicule it and then beat that person... It's pretty much game over after that. At that point you either get rid of the gimmick or it turns from "scary" into pure comedy. That would be the death sentence.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
9,764 Posts
The gimmick is still pretty bad but Alexa is probably the best female actor in WWE and possibly one of the best actors in WWE altogether. She's doing well for the absolute garbage she was given.

·
The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
21,909 Posts
Do they still hate each other? If so, I doubt that will happen, tbh.
They did patch things up two years back according to reports at least it's somewhat cordial but who really knows on a personal level.

Anyway that was a good segment and told a valuable story heading into their match at ER, Both Women have missed so much time being apart from each other it highlights the encounter as that much more important especially with Flair referencing the old Goddess and Alexa briefly tuning back into her classic persona albeit a little toned down.

This doesn't deserve to be a short feud at all there's plenty to invest when you have enough material to work with.

·
The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
21,909 Posts
I love how Alexa manages to pull off gimmick after gimmick. I enjoy her character progression. It's more progression than you see some male wrestlers have in 10+ year career.
Exactly she tuned in and out of two different personalities masterfully during her Playground segment at the right moments.

Storytelling 101

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
lol meltzer saying he heard 1500 people walked out (weird how he has an exact number and none of then were in the sections thar faced the camera) during the segment. yet someone that was there said that wasn't true at all. guy is an absolute shill for aew now. guess because that was better than the britt baker/ruby riot segment that he was figuratively orgasming to he had to put in his little dig that his drones will take as gospel

·
19,972 Posts
lol meltzer saying he heard 1500 people walked out (weird how he has an exact number and none of then were in the sections thar faced the camera) during the segment. yet someone that was there said that wasn't true at all. guy is an absolute shill for aew now. guess because that was better than the britt baker/ruby riot segment that he was figuratively orgasming to he had to put in his little dig that his drones will take as gospel
Wow, can you just keep this on topic about Alexa Bliss without having to start yet another argument?

Nobody else cares about your childish beef with Dave Meltzer (even when he's usually accurate)?

dave "ruby riott and brit baker are as good as HBK and Bret" meltzer doesn't know about who is over?! shocker. we should just ignore him and other Bliss haters.
Ignore the individual up above who brought it up to begin with here.

Meltzer is a cool egg anyway.

1 - 20 of 3667 Posts