Wrestling Forum banner

The epicness that is Christian

9235 95
Christian in 2005 was on fire. The fans loved him, and wanted to see him become a champion. Just a reminder for how great he was back then.

The last one I think is good, because it looks as if even Vince McMahon was impressed with his shot at Cena. Sadly though all those vids are like a month or two before he left for TNA.

Also if you want to, post some of your favorite Christian moments as wel
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
What can you say about Christian? JR would tell you he was a great hand and he is. I remember being really stoked when Christian Cage appeared in TNA and made an immediate impact in the heavyweight title picture. Because I knew the WWE would never give him his chance.
You know how when a tag team gets put together you might cheer for the team but one guy is gonna be your favorite. With EandC I always thought that Christian was infinitely more talented than Edge. But for some reason the company put they money on Edge.
Never say never when it comes to pro wrestling though. We can always hope Christian will get a similar push to Kane before its too late.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
Well he sure as hell wasnt gonna gonna go over Cena or Batista at the time, thats for sure. The WWE also badly wanted to push the fuck out of Edge.

Christian, while immensely talented, was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
What can you say about Christian? JR would tell you he was a great hand and he is. I remember being really stoked when Christian Cage appeared in TNA and made an immediate impact in the heavyweight title picture. Because I knew the WWE would never give him his chance.
You know how when a tag team gets put together you might cheer for the team but one guy is gonna be your favorite. With EandC I always thought that Christian was infinitely more talented than Edge. But for some reason the company put they money on Edge.
Never say never when it comes to pro wrestling though. We can always hope Christian will get a similar push to Kane before its too late.
That is a true statement. But when it comes to Christian that is highly impossible on all levels. Wrestlemania 26 has proven that.

· Registered
7,686 Posts
You know did'nt make sense they ditched the 1 on 1 cena/christian feud for a 3 way feud with jericho for vengeance and then 1 on 1 jericho feud for sslam which made no sense because jericho left after summerslam and did'nt return till 07 thus burying christian in the process and made him leave the company from 05 till like 09.

· Registered
4,272 Posts
Personally, I loved every moment of his feud with Swagger down to the matches and promos, these two guys are $$ together, and the fact that this feud started in February(took a back seat in Mania though) and continued all the way to June with out getting stale is a testament to that.

http://vids.wwe.com/index.php/video...-and-Christian-contract-signing/309178327001/

http://vids.wwe.com/index.php/video...contract-signing-is-interrupted/309177572001/

And for those who haven't seen it, search their ECW Title match on Feb 24, 2009 and on Backlash in YouTube, they're freakin' sweet.

· Registered
18 Posts
Christian has always been and always will be a standout performer, its crazy how he hasn't won one of the main titles, especially due to his friendship with both Edge and Cena. Even when you add on the compliments he has had in the past from Batista, The Rock and Jericho, its crazy how upper management still seems to veto the idea of Christian as a Champion. The idea of a Christian v Edge title match must be floating in Creative.

Anyway, can't wait for the Christian vs. Del Rio match with the winner getting rights to the gold pyro fountain.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.