Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people's opinion of how Slammy should go off the air on Sunday?

For one I think Roode HAS to beat Sting clean in the middle of the ring preferably by pinfall if not the Fisherman Suplex, they need to undo the damage done by having Roode tap last week on Impact, plus Sting should do what he should have done at Victory and give Roode a clean win over him

After the match I would like to see Roode standing tall in the ring and for Storm's music to hit and him to make his return, but not get physical with Roode just stare him down from the top of the ramp, think this would be a great way to slowly begin the build for BFG and also to get people to tune into Impact next week

·
Registered
957 Posts
This is more of what I think than how I want it to end, but seeing as it is the Ten Year Anniversary and needs a big moment; I can genuinely see Sting going over for this years title reign and then all the faces come down to celebrate and have a special moment on the Anniversary with Hulk and Dixie raising Sting's arm as Roode looks on from the ramp.

·
Premium Member
44,383 Posts
Sting no win belt. That would be a bad idea and a waste of a long title reign for Roode. The point of doing a long title reign (at least creatively) is to build up that credibility to be transferred over to the next champion. The example I always use is Michaels & Austin at Wrestlemania XIV. That win put the new guy on the map.

Sting's a legend and the win would do nothing for his legacy or the future of the company. I like the idea of Roode beating Sting by whatever means necessary and then Storm comes out to confront him, setting up for their rematch at Bound for Glory.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Crimson (which has no match on slammiversary) interferes allowing roode to give sting a low blow and then make him submit with a crossface.

After that james storm comes out and kicks crimson right in the chin, roode uses the distraction to leave the ring.

Then Storm gets a mic and announces he's the first participant of the BFG series.

Setting up Roode vs Storm and Crimson vs Sting at BFG.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This is more of what I think than how I want it to end, but seeing as it is the Ten Year Anniversary and needs a big moment; I can genuinely see Sting going over for this years title reign and then all the faces come down to celebrate and have a special moment on the Anniversary with Hulk and Dixie raising Sting's arm as Roode looks on from the ramp.
fuck my life if that happens...if roode doesnt beat sting CLEAN in middle of that ring , then that would be awful . if sting wins the title from roode, that would be a DISASTER of epic proportions

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I hope Storm does not appear and stare down Roode. It's time for Storm to move on to a feud with someone else. I'm tired of him whining about a belt he couldn't keep for more than 8 days. He needs to get over it and move on. I really hope the writers give him something else to do.

And if he does get a title shot it cant be as soon as he comes back. He has to take a few months to work his way up. There are too many people in line ahead of Storm. He needs to earn a number 1 contender shot after being gone so many months.

·
Registered
851 Posts
fuck my life if that happens...if roode doesnt beat sting CLEAN in middle of that ring , then that would be awful .
No it wouldn't. Roode's reign has composed entirely of him being lucky and slippery to win at all costs. Having him turn legit after months of this shows absaloute no continuity.

Roode is a cheap heel; not a monster heel.

Reactions: Skermac

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Roode has to go over, yes. Preferably clean but as long as he wins, that's all that matters. James Storm is the ONLY man who can take the belt off Roode and they've built this for so long that to do anything else would be insane.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Since this is the 10th anniversary of the company, I'd like to see something really different...and special.

Have Roode beat Sting cleanly after a hard-fought match. Then have Roode take the mic and semi put over Sting, saying something like, "Sting, you're a legend. The icon. You had your time. But this is MY time." And then Roode goes on to put TNA over and sells the company as the best wrestling promotion in the world. Then the entire roster comes out and begins to mingle with all the fans, shaking hands and thanking them for their support. And then the show goes off air.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Since this is the 10th anniversary of the company, I'd like to see something really different...and special.

Have Roode beat Sting cleanly after a hard-fought match. Then have Roode take the mic and semi put over Sting, saying something like, "Sting, you're a legend. The icon. You had your time. But this is MY time." And then Roode goes on to put TNA over and sells the company as the best wrestling promotion in the world. Then the entire roster comes out and begins to mingle with all the fans, shaking hands and thanking them for their support. And then the show goes off air.
Nice idea, but Roode is a heel and surely that'd be far too much of a babyface thing to do?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Sting beats Roode clean, then there's confetti and Hogan praising the Stinger as the new "Impact Champion" and stuff. That's all.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
No it wouldn't. Roode's reign has composed entirely of him being lucky and slippery to win at all costs. Having him turn legit after months of this shows absaloute no continuity.

Entirely? Last time I checked Roode made Storm his bitch when he won the world title, made AJ tap out, KOed anderson/hardy/RVD alone with a chair and defeated RVD clean in his own type match.

Roode isn't a cheap or a monster heel, he's the kind of guy that WINS when needed... ALWAYS.

But knowing TNA they will probably protect sting with a interference.

Sting beats Roode clean, then there's confetti and Hogan praising the Stinger as the new "Impact Champion" and stuff. That's all.
Fuck Yeah!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

thats exactly why he needs some clean wins so he could actually have some credibility. its about time a champion for 7+ months be given some clean wins and sting loses nothing by being pinned clean.

and ill say this...anybody that wants sting to win just doesnt care about the long term health of tna. debate me all u want but its true

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
and ill say this...anybody that wants sting to win just doesnt care about the long term health of tna. debate me all u want but its true
I don't think, that they said it because they want it to happen... They just have lost faith in TNA (if they ever had - I did) and think, that this might happen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts