Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Yeah it happened to me in the NBA Thread. It says the last post was at 1:16 PM CT today, but when I open the page the last post is my post from 1:05 PM CT, any other posts after don't appear.

I had this same issue last night.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
By all means, not trying to hijack your thread but I've got this issue but with the MMA thread found in Sports also. I can see updates (where it says by UserXXX dd/mm/yyy time:time) but the last post I can see when entering the thread is a post by VIG posted yesterday morning.

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
It's a forum glitch, the techs have been informed so it's down to them now.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By all means, not trying to hijack your thread but I've got this issue but with the MMA thread found in Sports also. I can see updates (where it says by UserXXX dd/mm/yyy time:time) but the last post I can see when entering the thread is a post by VIG posted yesterday morning.
Don't be daft mate, sound like the same issue. Maybe an issue with the next page not updating itself

^^^ Thanks mate!!!

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I think this problem is only happening to the larger threads on WF.

Looking at the people who have complained since yesterday, they've brought up threads like the DVD thread, MMA thread and NBA thread which all have over 1,000 posts in them.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I think this problem is only happening to the larger threads on WF.

Looking at the people who have complained since yesterday, they've brought up threads like the DVD thread, MMA thread and NBA thread which all have over 1,000 posts in them.
I was just about to say that, new threads that are made now/recently or ones that are say under 10 pages dont have this problem they are fine. Threads anywhere in the forum that have a large number of posts/pages in them such as the NBA thread, DVD thread, Member Picture thread and a few others that I had problems with today, the thread opens up a page that was from like three or four days ago and says it is the newest and isn't updated yet.

I think maybe those threads are getting 'too long' and should be deleted with a new one with the same title and everything be opened up? could that help the cause?

·
Administrator
2,010 Posts
Hey guys, one of the techs here. Just trying to figure out whats happening and gather as much information as possible. I do notice the problem with the DVD thread, but I'm looking around for other threads that have the same symptoms, and many really large threads (like this one http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/526065-funny-wrestling-pictures.html) don't seem to have the problem.

Can you please collect for me a list of the threads having this problem? and I can check them in the database as well.

Thanks!

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
The NBA Thread and MMA Thread also. I think someone else said the Member Picture thread was having problems as well.

·
Administrator
2,010 Posts
Please provide links guys. I'm not a member of the forum I don't know where to find these threads.

On a side note it looks like the dvd thread is fixed, the last post I see is Today, 02:53 PM by Kingofkings and that is the last post when I view the thread as well.

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
You might have to use a none admin test account to view the problems because I am not having any problems and I don't think the other admins are either.

·
Administrator
2,010 Posts
So just to clairfy the problem was that you were seeing a older information in the thread index, and then when you clicked through to the thread it had more recent posts than stated in the thread index? If so that's not whats happening for me. Can you try clearing your browser cache and/or forcefully reload the thread index page. CTRL+SHIFT+R or CTRL+F5 depending on your browser..

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Say for example right now with the NBA thread, before I click it on it to open it, it says the most recent post was made by HeatWave at 2:24 PM CT. But when I open the thread and try to go to HeatWave's post, the last post shown in the thread is my post made at 1:05 PM CT. And there have been several posts made after mine that don't appear as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts