Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on quite a few non wwe americana and british show they say things on the mic like

"this company is great"

"This show was incredible"

"i Thank all the guys in the back"

"thank you all for showing support"

yet wwe doesn't, i think....

is saying these things breaking the forth wall?

thus effecting how seriously the public take the non WWE companies?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
DID YOU KNOW?

That the WWE pats themselves on the back, just in more subtle ways?

Though I have always wondered why WWE crowd never chanted the company name. Is it because its impossible to chant?

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Are you serious..?

WWE doesn't acknowledge itself..?

And it's self-praise is hardly subtle. But, hey... I don't blame them. WWE does a lot, in terms of charity and stuff. The mainstream media doesn't give them much due for that. So I don't blame them at all for taking a little time to let people know about it.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Are you serious..?

WWE doesn't acknowledge itself..?

And it's self-praise is hardly subtle. But, hey... I don't blame them. WWE does a lot, in terms of charity and stuff. The mainstream media doesn't give them much due for that. So I don't blame them at all for taking a little time to let people know about it.
Technically it is more subtle than TNA. Atleast the guys incharge arent out every second telling us about the 23.7% increase in Bar Raising over the last few months and how it is 'damn real'.

And I am legitimately curious as to why the crowd never chanted WWE or WWF.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
Though I have always wondered why WWE crowd never chanted the company name. Is it because its impossible to chant?
It's because, first and foremost, the wrestlers are over.

Secondly, the WWE fanbase doesn't have that cult feeling that the ECW fanbase or the ROH fanbase has. There's no sense of belonging to chant about.

Also, all of these companies are different from TNA in that their shows evoke genuine responses from the audience, rather than ,simply, fake/cliched initial chants from people who aren't even watching what's going on.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Secondly, the WWE fanbase doesn't have that cult feeling that the ECW fanbase or the ROH fanbase has. There's no sense of belonging to chant about.
True, WWE is the norm, the mainstream. Chanting the name of the company (in the cases of ROH, TNA, ECW etc.) was kind of a sign of "hey, this is the thing! This is the show!" and with WWE, the mainstream accepts WWE = Wrestling anyway. WWE are so big in north america that if somebody in mainstream media says wrestling, WWE is the alocated brand.
WWE does a lot, in terms of charity and stuff. The mainstream media doesn't give them much due for that. So I don't blame them at all for taking a little time to let people know about it.
Exactly. If the media doesn't do it then WWE will, and rightfully so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts