Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well, i'm not sure myself, it seems he's having some kind of depression after a very bad streak over these past few months. Who knows it possibly might lead to a face turn in near future but i won't hold my breath.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
The way he told Maryse to shut up was amusing. Anyhow, I think they're looking to transform DiBiase into the opposite of his father. Look at how he looked on RAW last night, beard and in casual clothing. He kinda looked like Dexter in kill-mode. Now compare that to what he looked like when Virgil was his bitch.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
He's being belittled by the creative team. I created a topic a week ago about killing off every element of his current character to clean the slate and effectively make DiBiase reincarnated as another person.

I honestly think he should go to Smackdown and be turned into a "badass" face with a bad temper. It was apparent as his natural calling in Legacy and it remains the same now. The Million Dollar Child character or whatever you wish to call it has been a flop.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
people want to see him being dick - depicted on his raging out on Mayrysehowever you spell her name and you'll get some pops - I do believe he has more dynamic range then orton he just needs to find what clicks for him

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Twas a plug for the toy WWE belts :lmao

I thought at first he was contemplating going after Miz like he did with Bryan, but then realised, this is TDBJ we're talking about, so it's probably just stage one of him "reinventing himself"

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
Here's my analysis of the situation:

Ted/Maryse are having issues. Over the past month or so Maryse has been interacting with Michael Cole a lot. With Michael Cole's move to save Miz from losing his title this week on RAW and the tension between Cole/Lawler it would appear that he may not be returning to the desk next week because of what happened this week. Now, with Maryse/Miz in the past, she said he hadn't accomplished anything or "Beat Cena" (At the time)... he has since pinned Cena and he has become the top champion in the company.

Basically what I'm guessing is:

Ted/Maryse split up.
Michael Cole becomes a sort of manager to Miz
Miz/Maryse get together
In the end we have a Cole/Maryse/Riley/Miz stable?

I may be plucking things out of the air, but I get the feeling it's heading in that direction.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Teds going superheel. The mad at the world and something to prove kind. Not the haha I have more $$ therefore I am better kind that he was playing. Might work.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
To the guy who suggested the Cole/Miz/Maryse/riley stable.... please let this be, so we can have a 1-man CM Punk commentating team.

·
millions of dollas
6,240 Posts
I like Ted, he is a really nice guy, got a chance to meet him and Santino at a house show a few months back and he is one of the most geniune guys out there. But I wish the WWE would do something to use him properly. He has decent skills, I'd rather see him with a push than the Dashing One Cody Rhodes...

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I liked it actually.

With Maryse telling him he has nothing/is nothing/whatever, not wanting the Million Dollar Title, and frustrated for losing week-in, week-out is possibly a sign of things to come.

Maybe he's changing into the man who wants our respect and since apparently, no one cares (well aside from Prospekt's March :rolleyes:), he's going to earn it by showing us. Maybe he defeats Bryan in an upcoming non-title match (that'll definitely turn some heads around here) and goes on a midcard destruction run and drops Maryse in the process and possibly winning the U.S. title down the line somewhere...

Ahhhhh, who am I kidding. This is Ted DiBiase Jr.
Who's gonna take him seriously, his theme is auto-tuned :no:

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. His matches have definitely improved (especially at SS) and he has my attention.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It's just yet another attempt to get him over. I wish they'd stop bothering with DiBiase and try and give someone with more talent a push instead.
I'm sorry but when did DiBiase actually get this 'push' you seemed to imply? I wouldn't call -jobbing to Goldust, jobbing to R-Truth, getting squashed by Bryan, randomly interrupting pointless guest host segments, a failure feud with Morrison- a push. How about giving him a decent booking for once instead? He's just not used right since the beginning of his single run, poor booking will never amount to something good, and we all wonder why he's not over.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
All I know is that he's terrible at playing a rich heel character. I can't say I like him but I always had the impression that there's some, maybe even a lot of potential in him if he turns face and plays something that's more suiting for him. Just compare the presence of ADR to Ted DiBiase. ADR comes off as much more natural in his role and makes you believe that he has all the money and fame. Ted DiBiase comes across as a guy that may have the money but doesn't care about it at all and only says it to have some topic to talk about, he has a face vibe all the time.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I like Ted, he is a really nice guy, got a chance to meet him and Santino at a house show a few months back and he is one of the most geniune guys out there.
I've met Ted too, he was lovely.

The backstage bit with Maryse last night is obviously just leading to their eventual breakup, with Ted turning a little more angry/badass and intent on winning some kind of title. He appears to be growing a beard and stuff so I'm pretty sure the whole golden boy/rich son type gimmick is in the past.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
I'm sorry but when did DiBiase actually get this 'push' you seemed to imply? I wouldn't call -jobbing to Goldust, jobbing to R-Truth, getting squashed by Bryan, randomly interrupting pointless guest host segments, a failure feud with Morrison- a push. How about giving him a decent booking for once instead? He's just not used right since the beginning of his single run, poor booking will never amount to something good, and we all wonder why he's not over.
Maybe it's not much of a push, but the fact is he has at least been given consistent airtime ever since debuting and has had somewhat of a direction, unlike guys like Bourne, Goldust, Kofi, and MVP, all of whom are over regardless of hardly getting much screen time.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Here's my analysis of the situation:

Ted/Maryse are having issues. Over the past month or so Maryse has been interacting with Michael Cole a lot. With Michael Cole's move to save Miz from losing his title this week on RAW and the tension between Cole/Lawler it would appear that he may not be returning to the desk next week because of what happened this week. Now, with Maryse/Miz in the past, she said he hadn't accomplished anything or "Beat Cena" (At the time)... he has since pinned Cena and he has become the top champion in the company.

Basically what I'm guessing is:

Ted/Maryse split up.
Michael Cole becomes a sort of manager to Miz
Miz/Maryse get together
In the end we have a Cole/Maryse/Riley/Miz stable?

I may be plucking things out of the air, but I get the feeling it's heading in that direction.
Sounds pretty good. They won't be dominanting like Nexus but serve their purpose by helping Miz. It wasn't too long ago that Mayrse wouldn't hook up with Miz cuz he hadn't don't anything. If Cole stays on Commentary while being Miz's manager then that would be a cool stable

1 - 20 of 41 Posts