Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to love the tag team division. Growing up there were some great teams like Legion of Doom, Steiners, Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, The Rockers. Nowadays you only really have The Hart Dynasty (who are good but just a rehash) who seem to do the division any justice. Would love to see a push for the tag team division to get back to former glories as at the moment the titles are a massive joke.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
most of the times tag teams are split so that one guy could turn into a singles star.

but i think it is improving now.we have teams like hart dynasty,gatecrashers,dudebusters.all of them are bad but atleast they are building tag teams.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Yes but Gatecrashers and Dudebusters have been resorted to Superstars, because Vince obviously only wants the titles defended with Raw Superstars. Leaving the titles on the Dynasty or The Usos. When you can name all the tag teams on one hand, that isn't improving the division in the slightest.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the division is pretty dire. Even like minded singles competitors going after it would be something.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
most of the times tag teams are split so that one guy could turn into a singles star.

but i think it is improving now.we have teams like hart dynasty,usos,gatecrashers,dudebusters.all of them are bad but atleast they are building tag teams.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Yes but Gatecrashers and Dudebusters have been resorted to Superstars, because Vince obviously only wants the titles defended with Raw Superstars. Leaving the titles on the Dynasty or The Usos. When you can name all the tag teams on on hand, that isn't improving the division in the slightest.
thats true.

·
Registered
955 Posts
In order to improve the division, the WWE needs to get it out of their minds to split the tag teams up. When you have a tag team that's successful, keep that way.

I remember reading on another forum someone saying that tag team wrestling doesn't sell obviously doesn't know what he was talking about as it was huge in the 80s. The Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Rock N' Roll Express, The Hart Foundation, The Fantastics, The British Bulldogs, The Funks, The Brisco Brothers, The Sheepherders, etc. They were all successful.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
WWE isn't going to improve the division. they don't WANT to.

they don't care. that's just what it is.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
WWE doesn't invest their time, money and talent into the tag division because they couldn't care less if it gets better, they know that it no longer draws any money and they would rather focus on creating new single stars.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WWE isn't going to improve the division. they don't WANT to.

they don't care. that's just what it is.
You are right of course, doesn't make it any less sad though. Just get rid of them altogether rather than paying the division lip service.

·
Registered
955 Posts
WWE doesn't invest their time, money and talent into the tag division because they couldn't care less if it gets better, they know that it no longer draws any money and they would rather focus on creating new single stars.
It no longer draws any money because WWE hasn't put any energy into trying to get them over at all. It would probably draw if WWE gave more than half a shit.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
It no longer draws any money because WWE hasn't put any energy into trying to get them over at all. It would probably draw if WWE gave more than half a shit.
You're right, WWE got the tag team division into that hole and now they don't think it would be worth helping it out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I personally find the Gatecrashers pretty bad ass. I'm not a fan of the Hart Dynasty because they really remind me that we're stuck in the PG era, same for the "dudebusters".. even the name is cringe worthy. If they want to re-establish the tag division, which I don't think they do, but if they did, they could start by reuniting Morrison and Mercury so that there would be at least one team with some slight credibility.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I personally find the Gatecrashers pretty bad ass. I'm not a fan of the Hart Dynasty because they really remind me that we're stuck in the PG era, same for the "dudebusters".. even the name is cringe worthy. If they want to re-establish the tag division, which I don't think they do, but if they did, they could start by reuniting Morrison and Mercury so that there would be at least one team with some slight credibility.
fpalm you lost me there

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
at least you didn't make it any further, he suggested morrison and mercury getting back together.

fpalm

·
Registered
174 Posts
at least you didn't make it any further, he suggested morrison and mercury getting back together.

fpalm
Oh yeah because Morrison is doing so much on RAW at the moment, why is it so terrible that I suggested that? Looks like the SES might be ending too, which would then leave Mercury directionless.

And perro sorry if you couldn't follow me, so I will explain myself again. I don't like the PG era, I'm not trying to start a thread bashing it cause it will accomplish nothing. I'm just saying I dislike the Hart Dynasty and I find that they are the perfect example of the pg product, which of course I dislike.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Morrison is still upper mid card Mercury is garbage, and would kill Morrison's career stone dead

The Heart dynasty is great in the ring and the best tag team in the E right now Period

1 - 20 of 31 Posts