Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the last episode of Smackdown, Cody Rhodes said that "The Dashing Ones" are over, well, it's not surprising considering the tag team break-ups has become a such a trend recently in WWE.

So, is this an indication of future bayface turn for Drew McIntyre? Do you think this is a perfect time for it? To be honest, i don't think Drew is over enough as a heel to become a face yet, and Drew McIntyre's character hasn't run its course, there's still a plenty of time to develop it more and reach its fullest potential, he could be a major player with "The Chosen One" gimmick in the main event. But on the other hand this is a perfect chance for Cody to finally have a meaningful single feud even though it has to be with his former partner, and i don't think they will do a heel vs heel feud so one of them will probably turn face whom i think probably will be Drew. I'm not sure if this feud will work, what's not so dashing about Drew? Lol, Cody doesn't have any good material to insult him. Drew also needs to change something about his character to be more face-ish and i have no idea how he will do it because "The Chosen One" gimmick screams more heelish than a face-ish to me since he has to act with arrogant attitude and all. This feud will most likely fail with all things considered, so as much as i'd love to see a face Drew, i think this isn't a good time for him yet to turn face.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Re: The Dashing Ones Break-Up - Perfect Time For A Face Turn For "The Chosen One"?

A guy with the gimmick of being «The Chosen One» and a «Sinister Scotish» can't turn face so quickly.

And one with the gimmick of being «Dashing» can't be face as well,unless he's sorounded of chicks all the time and the crowd sees him as a «role model» in that section.

So,no feud for this two unless WWE Management get's smarky for once

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
I can't imagine being any more disinterested in the break-up of a tag team than one featuring a feud between McIntyre and Rhodes.

I'll pass. Kthanksandbye.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
This is the worst tragedy since Rick Martel walked out on Tito Santana and Strikeforce at Wrestlemania 5.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think Drew can pull off a face turn pretty well really, he has the abillity to cut good promos taking the piss out of Cody Rhodes in a face-like way, they just always end up booking him to have boring promos.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
Doubt it. 'Chosen One' And 'Sinister Scotsman' don't exactly shout face turn to me. His character wouldn't exactly suit a face turn either, but who knows.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Is this the point in the thread where someone randomly embeds that one video of Drew McIntyre doing his Val Venis-lite babyface schtick..?

You know it's coming.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
(the majority of) American fans don't like guy's with English/Scottish/Irish accents, therefore he wont turn face.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
It's not his accent. It's the fact that I haven't seen anything remotely entertaining enough about him to warrant a face turn at this point. Fans have to be willing to get behind him. Right now, they'd be just as inclined to cheer Cody as Drew.

Really, they have no reason to do either. But Cody has the more fan-friendly, high-energy offense. So there ya go.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Drew won't turn face, he'll just go back to having a singles heel run.

Provided WWE doesn't just re-unite them on Tuesday...

·
Registered
30 Posts
He won't be turning face, he threatened to smash Cody's face in, and vice versa, both will stay heel, just go back and focus on their singles runs. Shame as it made McIntyre more bearable but also means Cody has a better chance of going up the card.

·
Registered
544 Posts
(the majority of) American fans don't like guy's with English/Scottish/Irish accents, therefore he wont turn face.
tbh... I have yet to meet a person who sounds remotely like McIntyre... That accent has to be way overdramatised.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
No.

This is simply the worst thing to happen to tag team wrestling since Marcus Bagwell ended his partnership with Scotty Riggs and derailed the American Males dynasty.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It's not his accent that would cause a face fail. It's that his voice is too quiet and he's got no intensity. It sucks the life out of any promo he cuts. Wade Barrett, William Regal, Finlay, and Sheamus have all make their accents work for them. McIntyre doesn't. He needs to learn that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts