Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,155 Posts
AEW does it better, but anyone who think the AEW wrestlers aren´t instructed to react a certain way is fooling themselves.
Which is fine and if anything expected. If you’re in a feud with someone and they are right next to you, you would expect some form of reaction out of them. You would also expect a guy Like MJF to give people like Cody a lil more shit than he would Hager or Guvara or Spears.

The WWE crowd is just too micromanaged like everything else in this company. You have a bunch of no names basically following instructions to cheer the faces and boo the heels while being tired as fuck. Its just not the same. Whole thing just comes across as stiff and forced, like something you would expect in a video game.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Which is fine and if anything expected. If you’re in a feud with someone and they are right next to you, you would expect some form of reaction out of them. You would also expect a guy Like MJF to give people like Cody a lil more shit than he would Hager or Guvara or Spears.

The WWE crowd is just too micromanaged like everything else in this company. You have a bunch of no names basically following instructions to cheer the faces and boo the heels while being tired as fuck. Its just not the same. Whole thing just comes across as stiff and forced, like something you would expect in a video game.
Yeah.. I can´t say for sure, but it could seem like someone is holding cue cards ;)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
AEW has a crowd full of wrestlers and it's great. WWE's "crowds" are just a bunch of marks to scared to show any real personality.
Bullshit. There needs to be some level of control otherwise you get Big Swole completely taking over a women's championship match just to get herself noticed. The crowd boos the heels and cheers the faces, that's all they're needed for. This entire thread is proof that people will just complain about anything WWE does, because the differences between WWE and AEW's crowds are minimal.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Keep in mind that there are some people who are actually getting paid to put this shit on TV.

Watching it and thinking they've done a hell of a job.

·
Registered
305 Posts
AEW is doing it flawlessly. They let them just be themselves. WWE likes to micromanage every fuckin thing that’s why it comes off so fake and forced on their shows. Supposedly during tapings, backstage execs are on the PA systems telling the crowd what to do. They’re also not allowed to sit down. All behind plexiglass on top of that. Only in this company can they create a situation where having crowd noise is worse than the silent arena. Unbelievable.
Jesus Christ, it must be a shore working for this company. No fun at all.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
AEW is doing it flawlessly. They let them just be themselves. WWE likes to micromanage every fuckin thing that’s why it comes off so fake and forced on their shows. Supposedly during tapings, backstage execs are on the PA systems telling the crowd what to do. They’re also not allowed to sit down. All behind plexiglass on top of that. Only in this company can they create a situation where having crowd noise is worse than the silent arena. Unbelievable.
Are you forgetting Big Swole making a fool out of herself during the Nyla/Shida title match? You can't use words like flawless or perfect to prove your point if it isn't true. They've also had Marko Stunt picking fights the week after he got destroyed (same day with tapings #smartfans) and wrestlers getting murdered in the ring only to show up later in the episode. It is definitely not flawless.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,937 Posts
Are you forgetting Big Swole making a fool out of herself during the Nyla/Shida title match? You can't use words like flawless or perfect to prove your point if it isn't true. They've also had Marko Stunt picking fights the week after he got destroyed (same day with tapings #smartfans) and wrestlers getting murdered in the ring only to show up later in the episode. It is definitely not flawless.
Yep flawless. The way Big Swole was used was fine by me, they’re clearly trying to build her up, and the Marco stuff didn’t hurt anything either. Britt Baker has been amazing in the crowd, Anna Jay is great eye candy, Dark Order passing out flyers, Brandi and QT with the Bunny, and MJF gambling and yelling at Jungle Boy has been well done. The crowd sounds authentic, they all have personalities, and it doesn’t come off as forced. Huge difference between AEW and WWE.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
This is a big reason I can't watch WWE anymore other than clips online. Their silent and no crowd was unwatchable. Then I saw this ass awful crowd with plexiglass and everyone stands. WTF!?!?

I miss the crowds in AEW because their crowds were awesome but I am enjoying the hell out of their weekly programming and their last PPV was better than anything The 'E has put out in forever. WWE I was not enjoying much before the no crowds or as some say "WWE 2K crowd" but now it is far beyond unwatchable.

·
Premium Member
10,736 Posts
Terrible. They look so robotic. This is a chance for WWE universe to get familiar with young talent and thet're making them look like complete losers. None is able to show any ounce of charisma or personality. AEW is so much better, it's not even funny. It's sad what these performance center have to go through.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Yep flawless. The way Big Swole was used was fine by me, they’re clearly trying to build her up, and the Marco stuff didn’t hurt anything either. Britt Baker has been amazing in the crowd, Anna Jay is great eye candy, Dark Order passing out flyers, Brandi and QT with the Bunny, and MJF gambling and yelling at Jungle Boy has been well done. The crowd sounds authentic, they all have personalities, and it doesn’t come off as forced. Huge difference between AEW and WWE.
Nope, Big Swole tried to get herself noticed and took away from the match entirely. We know some of you find it difficult to admit that AEW isn't perfect but surely this is one thing you can be honest about.

·
8,937 Posts
Nope, Big Swole tried to get herself noticed and took away from the match entirely. We know some of you find it difficult to admit that AEW isn't perfect but surely this is one thing you can be honest about.
I honestly didn’t give a shit, did nothing to take away from the match for me. If it was that bad I would admit it lol, AEW is not my company I’m not trying to protect their image on the Internet I gain nothing. Shida’s title win still came off great.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I honestly didn’t give a shit, did nothing to take away from the match for me. If it was that bad I would admit it lol, AEW is not my company I’m not trying to protect their image on the Internet I gain nothing. Shida’s title win still came off great.
Of course. It annoyed the shit out of many people on here and on Twitter but some people would prefer to not "give a shit" then be honest about where this company goes wrong. You can't use words like perfect and flawless if they have had issues. Say they were good, that's fine. It's just like every episode or PPV when someone comes in and says "That PPV was perfect". Did you enjoy Spears getting humiliated? "Oh nah but I didn't want to talk about that". Very few of you are honest about this company and I'd love to know why. I think I am starting to understand though. A few of us have our theories.

·
8,937 Posts
Of course. It annoyed the shit out of many people on here and on Twitter but some people would prefer to not "give a shit" then be honest about where this company goes wrong. You can't use words like perfect and flawless if they have had issues. Say they were good, that's fine. It's just like every episode or PPV when someone comes in and says "That PPV was perfect". Did you enjoy Spears getting humiliated? "Oh nah but I didn't want to talk about that". Very few of you are honest about this company and I'd love to know why. I think I am starting to understand though. A few of us have our theories.
Because it doesn't matter? Its sports entertainment. I'm honest from my point of view. I see the way they are using their crowd as perfect. They all have personalities and there are mini-stories going on everywhere. I see that as being a very creative way to book a crowdless show and use it to its full extent while making it all sound authentic from a cheering and booing perspective. But then there are other things like match lengths and levels of comedy that I disagree with and see as far from perfect. If I see the show being good and the decisions they make fine, then that's what I'll convey in my posts, if not, Ill convey that too. There's no agenda. Its a forum. People use superlative words online in 99% of cases so if people throw around the word "perfect" for a PPV and you don't agree with it, that doesn't make that person wrong. They see it as perfect from their POV. I'm not looking to change anyone's opinion on anything. I don't care as much as you think my guy. I post mostly positive things about the company because I choose to focus on the positive. I legitimately enjoy the shit out of Wednesday nights during Dynamite, so that's what I'll convey. You have your opinions and I have mine. Your theories mean nothing to me because it's all in your head.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Because it doesn't matter? Its sports entertainment. I'm honest from my point of view. I see the way they are using their crowd as perfect. They all have personalities and there are mini-stories going on everywhere. I see that as being a very creative way to book a crowdless show and use it to its full extent while making it all sound authentic from a cheering and booing perspective. But then there are other things like match lengths and levels of comedy that I disagree with and see as far from perfect. If I see the show being good and the decisions they make fine, then that's what I'll convey in my posts, if not, Ill convey that too. There's no agenda. Its a forum. People use superlative words online in 99% of cases so if people throw around the word "perfect" for a PPV and you don't agree with it, that doesn't make that person wrong. They see it as perfect from their POV. I'm not looking to change anyone's opinion on anything. I don't care as much as you think my guy. I post mostly positive things about the company because I choose to focus on the positive. I legitimately enjoy the shit out of Wednesday nights during Dynamite, so that's what I'll convey. You have your opinions and I have mine. Your theories mean nothing to me because it's all in your head.
ok

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
WWE ruins everything. When AEW did it first it was quite organic. Wrestlers still maintained their character and it felt natural, but as weeks went by it lost its lustre as soon as they started faking the crowd reactions like “holy shit”, “this is awesome”. It got phony real quick. Now WWE is doing the same thing and it’s even more fake.

Reactions: jpickens
21 - 40 of 46 Posts