Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh! It’s just so cringy to see them stiffly standing there. They don’t even act like actual crowd, they remind me of the audience in the old WWE video games who just stand there awkwardly in gaps and start dancing like AI puppets with no personality who do what they’re told and cheer the good guy and boo the bad guy.

I can’t be the only person who sees this. Please bring back empty arenas because at least there’s an excuse for the awkward silence.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,937 Posts
AEW is doing it flawlessly. They let them just be themselves. WWE likes to micromanage every fuckin thing that’s why it comes off so fake and forced on their shows. Supposedly during tapings, backstage execs are on the PA systems telling the crowd what to do. They’re also not allowed to sit down. All behind plexiglass on top of that. Only in this company can they create a situation where having crowd noise is worse than the silent arena. Unbelievable.

·
The face that runs the List
10,639 Posts
It's awful, especially with the transparent barrier and the absence of chairs. I also find it absolutely retarded that they emphasize on the fact that there is a safe distance between those people in the crowd to show how responsible they are towards the virus situation, but they will still have six people fighting/touching each other in the ring.

·
Registered
17,023 Posts
The small pro is there is no silence. However the major con of this is that its cringe clapping, forced weak sounding cheers and boos, even when the cam pans at someone cheering or booing they look like they dont give a shit. I dont blame them. Overall it comes across like shit. Point is, DO NOT PAN THE CAMERA EVER AT THE FAKE CROWD. Lol

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,228 Posts
The small pro is there is no silence. However the major con of this is that its cringe clapping, forced weak sounding cheers and boos, even when the cam pans at someone cheering or booing they look like they dont give a shit. I dont blame them. Overall it comes across like shit. Point is, DO NOT PAN THE CAMERA EVER AT THE FAKE CROWD. Lol
For some reason they show one of Rouseys friend a alot. The blonde one.

·
The face that runs the List
10,639 Posts
Half the country is currently completely disregarding social distancing by the thousands.

If this isn’t dangerous, than neither is 12,000-15,000 people attending sporting events.

Bring back live audiences and be done with it.

Attachments

·
IRAN #1
2,409 Posts
Nobody wanted to see empty arena shows. There's no reason top watch with nobody in the audience.

I've said it before. Wrestling without an audience is pointless.Wrestling needs a crowd. even if the audience is forced.

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
AEW had a great concept. Mixture of heels and faces with minimal scripting in their reactions.

WWE takes it and just turns it into a bunch of nobodies reacting the way WWE wants their fans to unilaterally react.

·
Angry at refs
3,116 Posts
AEW does it better, but anyone who think the AEW wrestlers aren´t instructed to react a certain way is fooling themselves.
There's the obvious "Heel act heel, face act face, and here's some storyline stuff if needed". For the most part they can say and do what they want within those lines.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts