Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Or, despite the fact that The Corre consists of 75% ex-Nexus members, it feels like a really refreshing group? I actually enjoyed Smackdown a lot this week, mainly due to The Corre returning back to what a stable originally was supposed to be; equality in the group.

The reason why I believe this stable will live longer than Nexus is due to the fact that all four of them were established as individuals from the get-go. Aside from the Nexus comparison, you can look at them and identify them now, mainly due to their expose from before.

It's hard to explain, but The Corre certainly has a different vibe that I feel is very refreshing. I honestly hope this stable has nothing to do with Nexus, simply because this stable has much more potential than Punk's stable.

Reactions: The Ice King

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Pretty even tbh, Barrett is already establishing himself and Gabriel should start to break out more now. Slater will continue to just be there and Zeke, meh tt's obvious WWE want him to be big but I don't see it happening.

Punk's Nexus has Batista Mason Ryan who is clearly the next big project.

I do like what Barrett said about The Corre being about the group, only time will tell if they actually follow up on that.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
...Or, despite the fact that The Corre consists of 75% ex-Nexus members, it feels like a really refreshing group? I actually enjoyed Smackdown a lot this week, mainly due to The Corre returning back to what a stable originally was supposed to be; equality in the group.

The reason why I believe this stable will live longer than Nexus is due to the fact that all four of them were established as individuals from the get-go. Aside from the Nexus comparison, you can look at them and identify them now, mainly due to their expose from before.

It's hard to explain, but The Corre certainly has a different vibe that I feel is very refreshing. I honestly hope this stable has nothing to do with Nexus, simply because this stable has much more potential than Punk's stable.
No offense to you at all, but I think it is far from refreshing. Mainly because we just went through all this Nexus Group stuff, and now we have to go through ANOTHER group storyline. I just think having to watch another group in the WWE is a bit too much. One of the main reasons why Evolution was one of my favorite groups is because when the WWE did Evolution, that's mostly all they did when it came to a dominant group in the WWE at that time. Right now Nexus has multiplied from one group, to two. Which means we have witnessed 3 Groups in the WWE in under a year (The Nexus, The New Nexus, The Corre).

I think my main problem with it is The Nexus was circled around Wade Barrett saying the group was built on "A Bigger Picture", and now the group has split in two and the bigger picture was never expressed. I just get the feeling the WWE went on an entirely different angle without clearing up the reason why The Nexus started in the first place.
Maybe The Corre angle will be better but right now I am not interested.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I agree. I like the feeling of this group. Plus I think SD! was needing this. The show was getting very dry and boring.

I'm sure they will have Corre and Nexus feud, come together or something.
There was already a poll on wwe.com asking who was being more dominant, Barrett or Punk.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I'm not really diggin The Core mainly because I wanted them to take Barrett in a "Nexus did nothing but hold me down anyway" sort of direction with him eventually winning the Title. Him making another group seems kind of like lazy booking imo. Also it's not like we'll see a faction war of some sort since both Nexus and The Corre are on different shows and both of them are heels.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Quite frankly Im more happy about Kane going into the background once again. Smackdown was horrible with Kane as the top heel. The whole feel of Smackdown instantly changed with The Corre. Now Del Rio doesn't have to carry heel side of Smackdown by himself. Not having Big Show on was great.

Couldn't care less if I never saw Kane or Big Show on Smackdown ever again.

·
Banned
286 Posts
Throw in Tarver and i'll agree.

Barret the leader
Tarver the muscle
Gabriel the performer.

Yeah best three wrestlers possible.

·
Banned
367 Posts
"The Corre" is an absolutely DISGUSTING name. It doesn't have any purpose to it. And the name dosen't bring out any fear/admiration/feeling from me.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I agree with the OP. For some reason, Corre dosen't feel like a coninuation of Nexus at all, but something refreshing and new. SmackDown has been in need of a heel stable for a while now anyways.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I too dislike the name...In fact, I don't like it all that much as much as I like the sound of Nexus.

Its not refresing, but it would make for better television - and I don't think its lazy booking. I think this is something Wade has been wanting to do for quite some time. I didn't see it before, but now I do. I didn't realize it at first, but his plan was to "own" SmackDown, as well. It should've been noticable when they first appeared on SmackDown as Nexus.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Is it spelt Corre or Core?

I like the look of this group, they have probably taken the best of the original Nexus and put them with a powerhouse who can match SKip Sheffield's intensity (although I prefer Sheffield over him). It feels like this is a really freshing group as well, rather than being the leftovers of Nexus. I think they will definitely be a force to be reckoned within this year.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Is it spelt Corre or Core?

I like the look of this group, they have probably taken the best of the original Nexus and put them with a powerhouse who can match SKip Sheffield's intensity (although I prefer Sheffield over him). It feels like this is a really freshing group as well, rather than being the leftovers of Nexus. I think they will definitely be a force to be reckoned within this year.
Corre, I remember because I found it ridiculous that Cole made it clear that it was spelt that way just minutes after the group announced themselves lol

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Nothing refreshing about "The Corre". They come out, they cheat to win a match, they do all their finishers on Edge... same shit we've been seeing for the past 8 months from Nexus. Only thing they might have going for them is not making everyone but Barrett an anonymous crony as they did under Nexus.

Though it doesn't make much sense considering Barrett's promo where he compared himself to Emperor Caesar then to say "there is no leader" a week later.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Nothing refreshing about "The Corre". They come out, they cheat to win a match, they do all their finishers on Edge... same shit we've been seeing for the past 8 months from Nexus. Only thing they might have going for them is not making everyone but Barrett an anonymous crony as they did under Nexus.

Though it doesn't make much sense considering Barrett's promo where he compared himself to Emperor Caesar then to say "there is no leader" a week later.
yeah that's why I find it completely dull, maybe they brought The Corre in to bring more of a separation between Raw and Smackdown! as some things have been combined between both shows lately. I really hope this group does not last long, No offense to some of the wrestlers but I just think this group is a bad idea and is a dull over done idea. But that's just me, if others are enjoying the angle then I am glad some use is coming out of it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I love the Corre and fresh vibe they bring to Smackdown. I'm actually excited and look forward to Smackdown now. Which is a huge turn around from Kane - Edge where I could not possibly give less of a fuck about, as much as I love Edge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts