Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else think that they are very cruel and unneccesary?

TNA recently used him as a way for Brother Ray to bash Devon, and as Jannetty has no history in TNA I see no reason why they should bring him up. WWE use his name all the time in Tag-Team feuds, and it just seems pointless and must make him feel like shit. Sure, he was never a breakout singles star but he was always a good tag-team wrestler along with HBK.

He may be completely okay with his name being used for all I know but from where I'm standing it just seems needless.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Agreed. It's immature, petty and shows a lack of any imagination to come up with something original rather than slamming Janetty.

Ok so the guy screwed himself out of a great career with personal problems, it's not like he wasn't talented to begin with.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
It was a once amusing joke that's been run into the ground. TNA wrestlers using it is just insulting, really.

I'm guessing Jannety was at least cool with it, remember him showing up on Raw not long ago? Unfortunately that just put the 'insult' over, and by now he's probably sick of it.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Like my mate above said
When the Miz and Morrison broke up
their tag team and where dissing each other
by saying your the ''Janetty'' of our tag team
i was cool with it
it was original and funny considering
ive never heard it used before
and it fought it was just for the fued
cause they where both heels prior and
it suited their gimmicks perfectly imo
but apart from that one time
its distasteful and disgraceful when wwe do it
TNA have NO buisness insulting anyone when
their company is kinda cheap and trashey

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Shit's dumb.

Jannetty's singles career didn't fail because he wasn't good enough......it failed because he screwed up and got himself fired over and over, killing his own momentum any time he built any up. So unless the basis of the insults is that the guy is a screw-up/irresponsible, then it makes no sense. If the basis is, "you're not as good as me so you're the Marty Jannetty of the team"......that's dumb, because Jannetty was really good. Watch his solo matches with Michaels....both of them could go. And when they were a tag team, they were clearly equals or damn near close to it. There was no "weak link"....they were both really good and similar in ability, and worked really well together.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd rather watch an old Jannetty match than HBK's end of career DX shit. Nothing like a middle aged balding born again christian trying to go back to a rebel gimmick from a time where he actually had balls to kill excitement.

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
I'd rather watch an old Jannetty match than HBK's end of career DX shit. Nothing like a middle aged balding born again christian trying to go back to a rebel gimmick from a time where he actually had balls to kill excitement.
Thing is, he really DIDN'T go back to that gimmick. He teamed up with the same guy and came out to the same entrance music, but that's about it. His 2006 and 2009 DX character was far from a rebel....he was more like a brain damaged dumbass who would avoid anything racy. He'd cover his eyes when girls weren't wearing enough clothes. LOL. It wasn't even close to the same gimmick or character, regardless of what they called it.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Funny thing about that is when you look at HBK's latest tag team both him and HHH are the Jannetty of the team.

DX broke up and HBK went on to lose to the Undertaker and forced into retirement.
While HHH went on to lose to a ginger and be forced out for 8 months.

Now thats a real example of pulling a Jannetty.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Sorry not all of us get butthurt when pro wrestlers get made fun of.
I'm not butthurt at all. Just saying. Jannetty was a good midcarder for awhile, and a big part of a tag team that carried a lot of the load in that division......and that's when those things actually mattered.

Jannetty was better than most of the guys on the roster right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ironically Jannetty is 10x the worker than anyone who uses his name as an insult.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
It's disrespectful. When I saw it on TNA, it struck me pretty hard that it was completely unneeded.

It's like calling old bastards nobody cares about taking TV time from good young talent 'Bubbas' or 'D-vons'.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts