Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Think about it.

-Truth starts a feud with Cena and proceeded to rant about "The Conspiracy" and said guys like Cena are luckier than others and born as "the golden child".

-Truth stated that he's received zero WWE Title shots,he's waited 10 years to make it to the top and said dancing and singing for the "Lil Jimmies" didn't get him anywhere.

-Truth loses WWE Title match at Capitol Punishment thanks to a
"Lil Jimmy" and was basically filler like everyone knew.

-Truth starts talking to himself and hence WWE fans won't take him serious as a contender for the WWE Championship .

They basically portray him as a crazy black man that's paranoid and they most likely didn't think R-Truth was gonna get as over as he did.

What happens after the Cena/R-Truth feud ended?

-Punk becomes #1 contender.

-Punk cuts the "worked shoot" promo.

-Punk whines about he's been mistreated.

-Punk gets the big main event and wins WWE Title in his
hometown.

-Punk gets new merchandise.

They portray him as the outspoken rebel fighting
against the system.

Punk becomes more over and starts selling merchandise like never before while R-Truth is STILL NOT a WWE Champion.

There's definitely a conspiracy against The Truth.

I dare someone to deny it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Yesh, yeah I know the conspiracy thing he's going off about. As a black man, I kind of picked up on the code words. Truth is (no pun intended), it won't go that far and it'll most likely end with him and Miz joining HHH's regime.

·
7,744 Posts
Firstly Punk is a good few years younger than Truth so pushing him makes a lot more long term sense, not to mention Punk being better than Truth on the mic and maybe just in the ring

Then Truth is just plain horrible as a main eventer, his delivery makes it impossible for me to take him seriously, he overreacts too much when he gets angry at "little jimmys" which makes him a perfect comedic heel. He belongs in the mid card more than anything.

Oh and inb4 the race card gets played

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Is this another "racism in the WWE" thread?

But on a more serious note, I for one think Truth should be given a chance to be a more serious heel. He's good at it. He garners crowd reaction everytime he's out there.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Truth really didn't deserve to be WWE champ, but what he's doing with Miz right now seems real interesting.

Anyone who watched Survivor in the spring this year could really state ALOT of comparrisons between R-Truth and a contestant on that show. They are probably 99% identical

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
R-Truth is not WWE champion because he doesn't deserve to be WWE champion.
And JBL did? Del Rio?

Two guys forced on fans.

Firstly Punk is a good few years younger than Truth so pushing him makes a lot more long term sense, not to mention Punk being better than Truth on the mic and maybe just in the ring

Then Truth is just plain horrible as a main eventer,his delivery makes it impossible for me to take him seriously, he overreacts too much when he gets angry at "little jimmys" which makes him a perfect comedic heel. He belongs in the mid card more than anything.

He gets more mic time.That's all.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts

Then Truth is just plain horrible as a main eventer, his delivery makes it impossible for me to take him seriously, he overreacts too much when he gets angry at "little jimmys" which makes him a perfect comedic heel. He belongs in the mid card more than anything.

Yup.

They can't commit to Truth and push him to the top because the reality is, he's not one of the up-and-coming stars of the future. He's not a young guy, that's just how it is.

Not to mention, Punk has a lot more to offer as a whole. He's young, talented in the ring and on the mic, has a head full of great ideas and can play a big part in the future of the WWE and wrestling in general. I don't think Truth would have been able to have as much success in this role for several reasons, mostly because he isn't as good as Punk and because of course, these promos and this angle is based off of Punk's thoughts and feelings. It's not a case of "Hmmm, who can we put in this role?" and I don't understand why people think that.

Truth is a great comedic heel who can slot into the midcard or the main event and cut a good promo, but he is not going to carry the business into the future. You have to invest in people who actually have a shot at that at this point.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
some of the responses on this thread make me :lmao

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
He should base his persona on Martin 'is it cause i'm black' Lawrence. Like in National Security... Or whatever that movie's name is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the conspiracy angle will be dropped because of the smackdown stars appearing on raw taking precious time away from him. he will still wrestle and you will hear a you should be booing yourselves line once in a while but that's it.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
JBL wasn't forced, he actually had heat and the mic skills for a main eventer. R-Truth still looks and feels like a midcarder and there's nothing wrong with it. He fits he role.
ye I quite enjoyed JBL's title run, although he was quite annoying I was pretty sad when Cenanuff took the belt off him. JBL was a heat magnet, good on the mic, good wrestler, and was involved in good feuds with Taker, Eddie, Booker, and etc

·
Registered
99 Posts
He should base his persona on Martin 'is it cause i'm black' Lawrence. Like in National Security... Or whatever that movie's name is.
You mean like he did with "pretty Ricky"? The one off of Blue Streak? The worst gimmicks ever. To add to the "conspiracy" they didn't even give him a rematch clause after his loss in "Capitol Punishment"

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,556 Posts
Personally, I think R-Truth should be one of the top star's on the show.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Yet R-Truth chooses to associate himself with another "golden child" in the Miz, who appears on lots of TV shows and gets endorsement deals.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts