Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the Big Show rarely uses this move anymore. Undertaker didn't use it during his match against Lesnar if I recall correctly. Kane is still around but he is getting older and will probably soon retire.

So the question is, do you see any of the current wrestlers possibly utilizing that move for future generations? Is there anyone on the roster that could do a chokeslam successfully?

· Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to see the Wyatt Family members carry it for their careers if that is the case.

· Registered
5,958 Posts
I don't see the chokeslam ever dying completely. It mechanically is one of the easiest movees for any viewer to digest and a crowd pleasing appearance of strength and kind of an embodiment of wrestling as an emulation but not actuality given we as smart fans know the true mechanics of the move. Furthermore, the move has a deep lineage dating back officially to Abe Lincoln but similar type move has probably been used in hand to hand by bigger man since the dawn of time. The move is somewhat of a hallmark of fight/playground culture, as many small kids misdiagnose a move as a chokeslam. Certainly, there has been in recent times a lineage of great professional wrestlers to use the chokeslam to where it has become somewhat of a true bigman right of passage to have some variant of the chokeslam. Not sure how many of you are familiar with puro, but Taue showed that the chokeslam can be hit from many suprising angles. Yes, pure bigmen are becoming more rare, but I never see the chokeslam becoming obsolete.

Reactions: Mountain Rushmore

· Registered
8,518 Posts
The choke slam used to be about as lethal as something like the tombstone pile driver, you knew if it happened the match was *done*. It does suck that we rarely see them, the Big Show's punch is doo doo, his choke slam used to be a thing of beauty though.

· Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big Show's chokeslam was awesome and sometimes kind of gay (not that there is anything wrong with that). He grabbed the Rock's ass so many times when chokeslamming him lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.