Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A couple of years ago, the Championship Scramle Match was introduced on PPV (I can't remember now which one) that had the concept where throughout a 20-minute time limit, pinfalls and submissions could occur, and whomever picked up the most recent pinfall or submission was the 'interim' champion, with the winner and true champion being the man who was the interim champ at the end of the 20-minutes.

For me, this was a fantastic concept, and produced two great matches (one for the WWE Championship and one for the World Heavyweight Championship), I believe the Divas also had a Scramble Match albeit with a shorter time limit.

Does anyone know what happened to this apparently extinct match type? Any known reason why it hasn't been used recently? Or if there are any plans to use this match in the future?

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
I just don't think it'd work at the moment, there aren't enough feuds going on and not enough contenders. The idea worked really well for the Hardcore title, if they brought that back then they could bring the scramble match back and it'd make sense.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally think it is a good way to get a bunch of people in the main event picture.

Raw Scramble: John Cena vs CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio vs The Miz vs R-Truth

SmackDown Scramble: Randy Orton vs Christian vs Mark Henry vs Sheamus vs Wade Barrett

Two very established main event scenes there that could put on very interesting scramble matches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts