Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This catchphrase IMO epitomizes why people are fucking sick of Cena.

By it's very meaning it says "You better believe I'll be a champion again and again". It's cocky as shit and something a heel would say.

The word 'champ' is a diminutive form of 'champion', i.e. cheapens the value. Which would be why the formerly beautiful championship belt has been an ugly garish yet plastic-looking $2 piece of shit for the last 6 or so years. This cheapness is also exemplified by his stupid fruity pebble / walking billboard attire.

He's also absolutely disrespectful to the other wrestlers. He has said on >1 occasion "I'm fighting for them". What? Their job is to kick ass and put asses on seats, not be children who run to big Mr Cena every time they get into a schoolyard fight or get a nosebleed. He positions himself as the underdog yet is arrogant enough to claim that he fights for everyone else. Fuck everything about that. It's a contradiction that insults the intelligence of the entire audience. Which would be why no self-respecting male over the age of 10 (when the brain becomes developed) would be a fan of his.

Not to mention his plugs of Zack Ryder (that turned out well) and now Daniel Bryan (stay the fuck away from him!). I'm surprised he hasn't walked up to half the locker-room stars that are on the rise, and practically buried their credibility by putting them in a headlock and messing up their hair while keeping his goofy fucking smile at the camera, not giving a fuck because he knows he's Vince's #1 golden boy.

tl;dr fuck Cena (the gimmick).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
639 Posts
He's supposed to be a really genuine down to earth guy in real life, but his character is what creative makes it and he's just a selling machine for the kiddies!
A heel cena would be interesting but doubtfull, though he did get some UFC lessons from Brock!

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Another 'random thing to use to say you hate Cena's gimmick' thread? :no:

I don't like "The Champ is Here" thing either, but come on, he hardly says it anymore.

·
Registered
548 Posts
its mainly lawler who speaks those words now. I take the negativity though, my issue was SUPER Cena and if they are moving away (or at least highlighting it themselves)i'm all for it! i might start hating him less...

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,879 Posts
You are spot on when it comes to Cena's character. Another annoying thing with "The Champ is here!" is it is said at the end of the opening promo, replacing "it's not over, the world is watching! - JR" which disheartens me. I really have nothing more to say other than I agree with you.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
THE ULTIMATE UNDENIABLE TRUTH ABOUT JOHN CENA

Cena is a bitter, jealous, shallow, hypocritical, egotistical self centered individual who cares only about himself and the paycheck.

Cena claims that this is what he loves to do? That's only because he has no where else to go, he can't play any professional sports because he lacks talent and athletic ability, no one in hollywood would take his ass.

He's a huge hypocrite, he told the Rock that he was immature for childish insults and gay jokes, yet he called Sheamus a human jar of mayonnaise. He called Awesome Truth gay, he called John Morrison gay when, and he had GLAAD on his ass last year for making gay jokes to the Rock.

Hell last year he said he was going to give him a pearl necklace, this year he said he was going to give him a Cleveland steamer?

He's simply jealous, that a guy like the Rock could outshine him in the WWE and is actually successful in Hollywood....unlike Cena who could never be successful outside of the WWE. It eats away at Cena. After Wrestlemania 28 he was kissing the Rock's ass and the next week, he talks shit about him.

He also goes around touting the WWE's Be A Star bullshit even though he's a huge bully himself, he was bullying Lillian because she botched an entrance.

The dude is always piggy backing on other's success, first Zack Ryder, and now he's leeching off of Daniel Bryan's success

People will say "oh but he does teh charity" the whole make a wish thing is just good publicity. Cena couldn't give 2 shits about any of those kids, he just cares about his image.

Most importantly Cena is a bigger spotlight hog than Hulk Hogan. No one has ever main evented 8 FUCKING WRESTLEMANIA'S in a row. He had a year long title reign at one point, and he's buried numerous talents

He's buried Edge, Del Rio, Umaga, Wade Barret and the entire Nexus, R Truth, Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, Kennedy, Lashley and tons of others

In non gimmick singgle matches, Cena has lost cleanly to only 4 people all of whom were established, Even CM Punk has never beaten Cena cleanly. Cena has never paid his dues and got everything handed to him on a silver platter

People will say it's not Cena's fault and that it's creative and booking, but to think a superstar of Cena's status has no pull backstage is horseshit. He's never said no to a title reign, or to main eventing a PPV, or to bury someone and kill their credibility so his spot at the top would never be threatened.

Cena does not care about the business, if he did then he would leave. He will never be in the same league as guys like Rock/Austin/Hogan/Flair/HBK/Taker/Brock etc.

Brock Lesnar was absolutely right, if he had never left Cena would be the guy carrying his gym bags around.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
they can easily fire cena because the little kids don´t have a say in which show they go to with their paretns and what mechandise their parents can buy for them. everybody can be cena from that standpoint, make him corny, give him 5 moves and done.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not sure why it's used for the opening promo. Especially as he isn't even the champion.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
You hate him due to a phrase that he took from Muhammad Ali and hasn't used since 2007.

DAMN thats sad.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
THE ULTIMATE UNDENIABLE TRUTH ABOUT JOHN CENA

Cena is a bitter, jealous, shallow, hypocritical, egotistical self centered individual who cares only about himself and the paycheck.

Cena claims that this is what he loves to do? That's only because he has no where else to go, he can't play any professional sports because he lacks talent and athletic ability, no one in hollywood would take his ass.

He's a huge hypocrite, he told the Rock that he was immature for childish insults and gay jokes, yet he called Sheamus a human jar of mayonnaise. He called Awesome Truth gay, he called John Morrison gay when, and he had GLAAD on his ass last year for making gay jokes to the Rock.

Hell last year he said he was going to give him a pearl necklace, this year he said he was going to give him a Cleveland steamer?

He's simply jealous, that a guy like the Rock could outshine him in the WWE and is actually successful in Hollywood....unlike Cena who could never be successful outside of the WWE. It eats away at Cena. After Wrestlemania 28 he was kissing the Rock's ass and the next week, he talks shit about him.

He also goes around touting the WWE's Be A Star bullshit even though he's a huge bully himself, he was bullying Lillian because she botched an entrance.

The dude is always piggy backing on other's success, first Zack Ryder, and now he's leeching off of Daniel Bryan's success

People will say "oh but he does teh charity" the whole make a wish thing is just good publicity. Cena couldn't give 2 shits about any of those kids, he just cares about his image.

Most importantly Cena is a bigger spotlight hog than Hulk Hogan. No one has ever main evented 8 FUCKING WRESTLEMANIA'S in a row. He had a year long title reign at one point, and he's buried numerous talents

He's buried Edge, Del Rio, Umaga, Wade Barret and the entire Nexus, R Truth, Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, Kennedy, Lashley and tons of others

In non gimmick singgle matches, Cena has lost cleanly to only 4 people all of whom were established, Even CM Punk has never beaten Cena cleanly. Cena has never paid his dues and got everything handed to him on a silver platter

People will say it's not Cena's fault and that it's creative and booking, but to think a superstar of Cena's status has no pull backstage is horseshit. He's never said no to a title reign, or to main eventing a PPV, or to bury someone and kill their credibility so his spot at the top would never be threatened.

Cena does not care about the business, if he did then he would leave. He will never be in the same league as guys like Rock/Austin/Hogan/Flair/HBK/Taker/Brock etc.

Brock Lesnar was absolutely right, if he had never left Cena would be the guy carrying his gym bags around.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
This is literally comical genius. Are you guys REALLY hating on an old catchphrase? And stop taking everything so literal. You can be "champ" without being champion.

"The Rock used to talk about shoving stuff up people asses, but they won't fit! I hate this catchphrase,"

·
Registered
784 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts