Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I said burial. I know that "burial" seems to be abit of a mocked almost forbidden term on here but lets be honest, that's what he's had the last few months, a burial.

About three months ago he was going into a WWE Championship match at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year after three consecutive victorys over the Champion, and sure, everybody knew he wasn't going to win, but the future looked pretty damn bright and it actually looked like WWE was creating a new star.

I know WWE have a reputation for fucking up young talents careers but WOW, the Ziggler case surely has to be close to the top of the list. Since the Rumble PPV I can honestly say I don't remember him winning a match or even being given promo time. It's not even like WWE are using him in the old Jericho role of "Jobber to the Stars" they are having him constantly beaten comprehensively by talent far below him such as Santino Marella and Brodus Clay who, although fun characters that are very popular, have absolutely no business even being in the same ring as Ziggler, let alone beating him and making him look bad week in week out, even fucking Hornswoggle has a victory over him.

This week the poor bastard didn't even get on TV, I assume he wrestled on the jobber show, and I'm sure it was a great match but then again, does it matter? I'm sure Tyson Kidd has good matches every week, if nobody see's them they are irrelevant.

Anyway, just a big gripe I have with WWE right now, wanted to get it off my chest. Your thoughts on the treatment of Ziggler?

·
Registered
890 Posts
It sometimes feels like he really pissed somebody off. As long as he's not fired, I guess he has a chance to go higher, as he should.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Jobbing to Clay is one thing, but not even including him in the "beat the clock" challenge on RAW is a disgrace. Ziggler is better than most of the superstars today, I hate to see him being treated like that. HE IS a championship material to me, and not a U.S. championship.
I think that he should be drafted to Smackdown again, go for the WHC. Smackdown needs big stars right now and even though Ziggler isn't the biggest star out there, he can contribute to the show massively.
Ziggler is the future (if WWE won't be stupid and ignorant enough to release him) of the WWE. His WWE match with Punk was one of the best I have seen during 2011, and I cannot see "wrestlers" like the Great Khali being featured (even though he's a face) instead of talented wrestlers like Dolph.
I think it's time for the WWE to stop relying on past wrestlers and move on, give young talent like Cody and Ziggler a chance for the big gold. See how it goes.
I had enough of big stars like Cena and Punk (with all the respect for Punk) winning titles over and over again while young wrestlers are jobbing in squash matches.
His match with Clay at Extreme rules was a joke.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sometimes feels like he really pissed somebody off. As long as he's not fired, I guess he has a chance to go higher, as he should.
I don't think he is that kind of guy, everytime big names are asked in interviews who they would like to see pushed they always say Ziggler. Cena, Punk, Nash, Foley and others have all said he's a really hard worker and should be higher on the card.

I just don't think Vince see's him as a "superstar" and it's a damn shame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts