Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
hello
19,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah it's a little late seeing as we're in early Feb now, but whatever. I'll be running a monthly edition of this and when the next Newsletter comes around whenever that is, that months interview will obviously pop up in there. But here is the January edition, let's go...

The BTB Interview with JBWinner

Renegade
Ok everyone, I'm here with JBWinner
*Generic applause*

JBWinner
Thank you, you're too kind everyone.

Renegade
No problems
So let's start with the usual "How did you get into BTB?"

JBWinner
Well back in June of '05, which seems like an absolute eternity ago. I was drawn to the forum itself, back when it was WEF, through an ECW One Night Stand discussion. Being 13 years old at the time I was somewhat stupid. But I did have some writing skills. When I saw this section and read some threads, I got interested and the rest is pretty much history

Renegade
Wow I honestly don't remember you being around back then, my bad
So what was your first thread in BTB?

JBWinner
I believe it was a thread that was post-Wrestlemania 05. I don't think it's around still but I could be wrong. Very short lived (then again, which threads of mine weren't)

Renegade
I think it may have been victim of the server wipe after that awful merger with No DQ

JBWinner
Ah those were the days

Renegade
That also ruined my best 4 months of WIWA work too, which only a few around can remember
I'll forever hate that happening

JBWinner
I share that hatred with you as well.

Renegade
It's good to know we have some things in common, like 2003 threads 8*D

JBWinner
Yes we do, yes we do.

Renegade
So what thread would you consider your break out one?

JBWinner
A lot of people tell me that it's the WWE Summer '06 thread that I did with HBKicon. Which turned out to be the one that led him to falling out and me going up. Odd how that worked out.

Renegade
Yeah I think that was your best. Although your 2004 thread had such promise
Gotta be honest I was disappointed you didn't return with that

JBWinner
Yeah, I, as I stated somewhere (BTB DT or the 03 thread) that I had made too many mistakes with rushing that thread due to laziness and other things that used to haunt me such as mind wandering. I felt I was doing a good job, I just needed to find a sense of committment and I couldn't at the time.

Renegade
I see
So what during BTB has been your best match and promo you've written?

JBWinner
Hmmm. That's a good question. I don't personally remember because I've been so out of the loop lately. It'd have to take a lot of personal digging out to do.

Renegade
Just off the top of your head
Give us something, maybe most enjoyable to write?

JBWinner
I'd have to say the most enjoyable match I wrote was the Royal Rumble in a 2006 thread I did due to the franticness of it all. And I also felt that a lot of JBL promos I did in past threads were always fun because of his character.

Renegade
Rumble matches are the best to write.
I haven't written one since 05, when I did two (WIWA and then later in the year with me WWE thread) and they're so much fun

JBWinner
Agreed. I don't know what it is about it that makes it fun but the task of making sure everything is controlled and not chaotic, and playing up the excitement in it is awesome and fun imo

Renegade
Definitely.
Ok now onto the BTB section in general, what are your thoughts on it right now?

JBWinner
It seems a little slow but i wouldn't say dead. but it seems like between you, myself, bkb, wolfy, shock, now guys like dh and stoj (sorry if i left anybody out) it seems to have some more signs of life

Renegade
Yeah and hopefully Paranoir is sticking around

JBWinner
Ah yes him as well.

Renegade
he posted a bit last month but has faded off since then
But I agree it's good to see some established faces in the section again, although I doubt anything can touch late 08/early 09
EVERYONE was booking then

JBWinner
oh yeah i remember that. there were quite a few summers as well where the BTB section was like molten hot

Renegade
Yeah, so now let's go onto your favourite bookers and why?

JBWinner
Hmmmm. Wolfy because he pretty much is the main staple in the BTB section for god knows how long now and his stuff is legendary. On that note, Legend because of his ridiculous writing style and I felt a lot of his character usage was incredible. Loved DDMac's stuff because of the writing style as well and his storylines were very well developed.
And pretty much every other well known figure in the section has my respect and affection

Renegade
Can't argue on Wolfy, Mac and Legend
throw Szumi in there and you get the best four ever

JBWinner
oh yeah, totally forgot about him.
Don't know how that happened. His WCW thread was legendary

Renegade
Best non WWE thread ever

JBWinner
agreed

Renegade
ok so let's move on, ready for NAME ASSOCIATION?

JBWinner
ready and waiting

Renegade
Remember, honesty is key, let's start off with the man interviewing you, ReneGREAT? 8*D

JBWinner
lol. Overlooked

Renegade
explain plz?

JBWinner
Well, as you said. Legend, Mac, Wolfy, and Szumi are the 4 best. But imo, your stuff has been pretty great for years but, at least from my vantage point and I could be toooootally off base, you aren't always one of the greats that first comes to mind.

Renegade
haha thank you. I've had others say the same in the past, I tend to be steady without ever being amazing like the big four which I think goes against me in that respect. But again, thank you for the kind words

JBWinner
Not a problem at all.

Renegade
next, the man himself, Wolfy

JBWinner
Legendary, really no other things come to mind. The best.

Renegade
definitely. Legend?

JBWinner
Great. Felt despite the whole 'issue' that happened with him way back when that he's still one of the best the section's seen.

Renegade
Yeah I think he went on to redeem himself after it, he manned up and accepted it, then came back and booked well again

JBWinner
Definitely. And it was definitely the best move he could make

Renegade
Agreed. Szumi?

JBWinner
Ridiculous. Never seen a guy put so much not just into booking shows and writing up shows, but writing up all the backstories, the side segments, the drama of the company falling apart. Absolutely ridiculous.

Renegade
Promo god aswell. And my boy. Even tho he's gone awol recently, he and Mac are like my American brothers. Szumi the white, Mac the black.

JBWinner
Hah. Yeah I agree on the promos, his were insanely good now that I remember.

Renegade
Seeing as I just mentioned him, DDMac?

JBWinner
Awesomeness. For a while, in my opinion he had one of if not the top thread in the section. As stated before in my opinion the guy was great at character development and none of his shit seemed that out of the ordinary.

Renegade
He vastly improved out of nowhere really
altho using Wolf Beasts EXACT same format for a while certainately helped him with the newer crowd, hence the nicknames of Diet Wolf Beast/Wolf Beast Lite

JBWinner
Oh yeah I agree. Never heard of those nicknames though lmao

Renegade
Surprising lol. Moving on with Emperor DC?

JBWinner
Underrated. I feel like the guy has a lot of talent in his work, but much like you isn't mentioned a lot. But much like yours truly, there seems to be a commitment problem. Hopefully one day he fixes that, some of his stuff including the CHRONICLES~ were pretty good.

Renegade
it's great that he's back again tho, like you I feel he's got some talent in him

JBWinner
Agreed

Renegade
Alcoholic?

JBWinner
Very good. I like what he has done (or may be doing still, I'm still out of the loop)

Renegade
I was gonna mention Paranoir next?

JBWinner
Different. he's ran not only his thread with you but his created thread for quite some time now. and it's one of the best created feds thread in the section imo

Renegade
Yeah EPW and GWE are the best created feds

JBWinner
agreed

Renegade
moving on to KOP

JBWinner
Consistency. Never really changed up his writing style and his booking style when it was easy to do that and Unleash the Fury is one of the first threads I remember that got me into booking..

Renegade
Yeah, Mr. Realism too

JBWinner
that as well

Renegade
Patman?

JBWinner
Potential. I feel like he definitely has a lot in him that can make him great but it seems like somehing always comes up (not that it's his fault or anything) that haults his threads from continuing or him changing threads. Kind of sucks tbh

Renegade
indeed, Nige?

JBWinner
Unsure. To be honest I haven't read much of his stuff. I'm not sure what it is, his format, his graphics, or whatever it may be. But I personally haven't read it but the word from some people is that he's good and I suppose that's why he's stuck for so long and been a constant for as long as his thread's gone on. And others aren't so fond of him. So yeah. Not sure how to word that one.

Renegade
He divides opinion let's say

JBWinner
there we go

Renegade
Kanefan?

JBWinner
WHO? 8*D

Renegade
:lmao

JBWinner
Nah but, BTB-whore. I don't think I've seen a guy jump from thread to thread so much (other than myself, at least). I'm not sure what to make of his style/talent, but it's almost ridiculous.

Renegade
Do you remember IF THIS THREAD FAILS THEN SO DO I? Greatest BTB ever :side:

JBWinner
lmfao yes I do. True classic.

Renegade
Shock?

JBWinner
Solid. He's got a good TNA thread going on right now which is as rare as rare gets these days. He's on the right track to becoming better than solid.

Renegade
Gotta admit never read his work before I'm hoping his upcoming PPV will get me interested.
TKOW?

JBWinner
Agreed. And thread jumper. I remember his 01 thread being pretty good, but he probably suffers from mind-wandering syndrome as well. Kind of interested to see whatever he does next.

Renegade
Yeah me too, iMac?

JBWinner
Unsure. Never really read his work so I have nothing to comment on. Unless he changed his username and I have in the past, I have no idea

Renegade
fair enough. I'm in the same boat, don't know much about him, have seen his thread tho, well presented, could be a good booker

JBWinner
ill be sure to check it out

Renegade
Grendrill?

JBWinner
Synonymous. I think despite what happened with him, as well, I still feel like he's a part of the BTB culture. Whether or not he's a scumbag (and had the worst looking sig EVER lmao) I do remember his threads very well. at least from the standpoint that i viewed them way after he was done with them

Renegade
I thought he was decent for a while, until all that shit went down.
Brian Kendricks Bitch (aka BkB Headliner)?

JBWinner
Potential Part II. He's been working his ass off lately as it seems with the 51 page (in Microsoft Word) edition of Raw he just pumped out. Hopefully he doesn't burn himself out because he's a star in the making imo

Renegade
yeah show length was ridiculous. Stojy?

JBWinner
jobber. sike. cusp. he seems to be a flopper in ideas and when he gets going he shows some potential and then...it starts over again. really hope he can stick with something (i.e his current thread that he is starting soon) because he too can do some good

Renegade
Rockstar?

JBWinner
Show-pumper. Looked at his thread the other day and he continually posts show after show after show even with the lack of feedback. Seems to have good format and presents himself well, hopefully he gets noticed. Looks like he might be on to something, early at least.

Renegade
619indahouse?

JBWinner
Gotta say unsure again, have not really checked his stuff before.

Renegade
Forever-Delayed?

JBWinner
Legend. His thread was top notch and was another thread that got me into booking. Always will remember 'The Funeral' promo he made.

Renegade
I wish he'd make a return, he was awesome
his former running buddy, kane01?

JBWinner
i agree, and kane01 was great. there was SOME separation between him and F-D, but make no mistake F-D was not carrying the team. kane01 definitely had a lot of talent and it was far from a one man show.

Renegade
indeed. Best tandem thread this forum has ever seen

JBWinner
agreed

Renegade
kid o mac?

JBWinner
legend. hard to write the history of the btb section with out kom. kinda felt some of his stuff was slightly overrated and it did get to a point where he was a showpumper, but like i said. definite known name around the btb section and his thread was a real long runner

Renegade
I always liked him, not the best booker but consistently steady and a loyal buddy

JBWinner
agreed

Renegade
TheIrishProdigy?

JBWinner
Unsure. Have yet to see his stuff, w/ all due respect

Renegade
Nige's permanent bobble (aka sc2004) 8*D

JBWinner
DRAMA. ust about the one thing I can remember from that guy. drama drama drama.

Renegade
:lmao. NatureBoy?

JBWinner
great. i liked his stuff back when he was in his heyday of his thread. dont really remember much else except that he went to wrestlemania a lot.

Renegade
lol he was a damn good booker if a little egotistic

JBWinner
seem to hit that one right

Renegade
Very true. The Inner Circle?

JBWinner
greatness, that's about it

Renegade
wise answer 8*D

JBWinner
indeed

Renegade
Ok well I think that'll do, apologies to anybody I forgot but that's probably coz you're not/weren't relevant. Thank you once again JBWinner

JBWinner
No problemo, thanks for the invite.

Renegade
You're welcome, cheers​

·
Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
2,283 Posts
You guys should both read iMac's thread. He's vastly underrated.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Pretty good read, '03 jobbers. I would have liked to have maybe seen JBW talk a little more about the section since he's been here forever, and maybe about himself personally because from the viewpoint of being a reader, it does actually add something to the interview. Still, definitely a good read, even if you both under-appreciate iMac by not reading his thread.

Good job, ADAM.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
You better be coming back soon too, Crazian. :side:

Nice interview here, looking forward to it being every month.

·
Off That
8,514 Posts
I still have one page written up for The Massacre's aftermath, but I haven't been tempted to open it up in a while. UWM will return sooner or later though. I can't let that awesome PPV poster that I made go to waste. I still need read iMac's RR and BkB's WM too.

·
hello
19,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's booked more than you in the past year, son. A bit of respect plz. <3
Excuse me "son" but I don't dish out respect willy nilly, otherwise you'd have mine by now 8*D

Oh and just so we're clear, Crazian has my respect. Due to being around in the 05/06 boom period in this section.

·
Off That
8,514 Posts
Renegade™;9326204 said:
Excuse me "son" but I don't dish out respect willy nilly, otherwise you'd have mine by now 8*D

Oh and just so we're clear, Crazian has my respect. Due to being around in the 05/06 boom period in this section.
<3

Remember this?

·
Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
2,283 Posts
I wish AppleSpitter would come back. His WWE threads were great. They were what turned me on to BTB.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.