Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· hello
21,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the Interview for February with our own esteemed moderator, BkB Headliner. The next interview will likely be up in the Newsletter...

The BTB Interview - February

Adam says:
Ok so here I am with BkB Headliner
*Generic applause*
so let's start with how you first came across BTB?

James says:
I was a nub on another shitty website, and decided to give the section there a look. Admittedly, the BTBs there were pretty damn horrible, but it still got me motivated to try it and be horrible at booking along with the rest of that section. I'd like to think I'm not as crap these days.

Adam says:
massive lol. I'd like to assure you, you're not

James says:
The guy who "taught me", for lack of a better term, had a BTB featuring every top star from the '90s set in 2008 (yes, that's when I started booking), so it's fair to say I wasn't learning from one of the best. I'm not sure what the backstory for the fed was, but everyone, from WWF/E, TNA and WCW was there.

Adam says:
There's nothing wrong with that. I had alot of top 90's stars in my 2006 thread. Though to be fair, half of them weren't my choice, randyorton24 can take half that credit, but obviously if you're not good enough, then it just looks silly

James says:
It seems a little ridiculous when it's a created thread with every superstar you've ever thought was good. I remember the ending of your '06 thread. Used to enjoy that alot actually.

Adam says:
lol thanks. Yeah, well, maybe in the future, it'll make a return. But for now, 03 all the way

James says:
'03 plz. Yes.

Adam says:
ok so onto your first thread, what was it, and how was it?

James says:
Like I said, originally it wasn't really my thread - I inherited it (God that sounds gay in a BTB sense). It was called SWA, although I'm drawing a blank on what that actually stood for. Sadistic Wrestling Alliance maybe? If it was that, it didn't make a whole lot of sense though, because it wasn't exactly hardcore.

Adam says:
sounds awful, tbh

James says:
Like the name, it sucked. When I inherited it, it was coming up to the Royal Rumble of this created thread (called something else, I can't remember what), so that was one of my first shows. Awful probably isn't strong enough.

Adam says:
haha

James says:
I think I had Undertaker win because, well, the guy didn't actually have any feuds going for the champion Austin headed into whatever the big show was. I also forgot I had Brock Lesnar on the roster at one point because it wasn't my roster so he was left off a couple of shows.

Adam says:
Austin as champion is always ratings

James says:
Oops.

Adam says:
lol @ forgetting Lesnar, sounds like a right clusterfuck you inherited. ok so after that, you moved onto your first WWE thread, am I right?

James says:
Probably. I can't quite remember if it was right after that, but I did have a WWE thread.
The guy who was still "teaching me" told me I needed a big storyline for the thread and I didn't have one, so it was awfully confusing. I was also told that you HAD to post RAW on Monday etc, so I was doing that along with my partner at the time, Gards. He scared me off partners for good.

Adam says:
bahaha. Nazi, and not a good Nazi, like Szumi <3

James says:
No such thing as a bad Nazi.

Adam says:
do you remember when you first came around, you TIPED LIEK DIS AND OMG HAI. I wanted to beat you with a dictionary so bad 8*D

James says:
Yeah, used to do it to annoy you. It always worked, tbhayley.
These days trolling you about Wayne Rooney is easier.

Adam says:
I would like to point out tbhayley is fucking annoying and totally stupid. anyways, back to BTB, who were your inspirations (if any) to write?

James says:
Ehm, originally, like I said, some crappy guys at another site. They sucked, so the less said about them, the better.

Adam says:
lol ok, at WF then?

James says:
More recently, when I came back to WF in latish 2008 (maybe?), Le Chronicles.

Adam says:
DC's only worthwhile accomplishment <3

James says:
I have much love for Emp and his work. Top bloke and top booker.

Adam says:
He is indeed a top guy, always good for a laugh
and who are your favourite bookers in general, past and present?

James says:
He's ridded the section of a few crappy posters too.
The usual suspects, I guess. Don't really know a lot about the past guys, but Wolfy, Legend, Szumi and Mac really are the cream of the crop. I'm also a big fan of Para and Emp. You go alright as well, I guess. Nah, you're up there too in all seriousness.
More recently, iMac is the man. The best going right now along with Wolfy. Melvisboy is pretty impressive too.

Adam says:
Yeah. Wolfy, Szumi, Mac and Legend are the best no doubt
Agree on iMac, he's starting to put some good stuff together. so what are your thoughts on the section in general at the moment?

James says:
It's okay. Could be better, but it's picked up recently. Additions of JBWinner, yourself and Emp actually booking are handy. I think seeing a bit more of Wolfy and Legend coming back would do it a world of good.

Adam says:
Yeah Legend's dropped some hints lately
Wish Szumi would come back too. I think it's been better now than it has for atleast a year if not longer

James says:
Legend really needs to start posting shows again. I know he's around, so yeah, shows plz.
He said for the newsletter that he would be back, so hopefully that happens soon.
Hopefully he gets more feedback this time too. Absolutely everyone should be reading his work. The same goes for Wolfy.

Adam says:
Indeed, but the nubs seem to think, OMG NOT REVIEW 4 REVIEW, NO DEAL!~ which is ridiculous, some people have lives. Appreciate plz

James says:
R4R pisses me off.
If you're doing it because you want to improve, then R4R doesn't work. Most of the time you're getting very little feedback. Go read a show by Wolfy, Legend or the like and you'll learn by reading. You'll learn a lot more about what to do that way.

Adam says:
Indeed. Listen newbies, this man speaks the truth (on this occasion anyway)

James says:
Szumi intended to at one point, but I guess that just didn't work out.

Adam says:
Me and Szumi were so close to doing an ATTITUDE ERA thread together, then he vanished for like, 6 weeks before he replied to my PM asking where the fuck he was, that was what he was planning :(

James says:
I figured it was going to be him and Pat since at that stage you seemed dead to the section.
I'm obviously very good at guessing 8*D

Adam says:
we had planned the first 3 months of PPV's and the first month of shows, were almost ready to go, then he just fell off the face of the earth, and he hasnt been on for 2 weeks now, so I think he's done for now atleast

James says:
Patman return too btw. I think he'll be back eventually. The one thing the section seems to do is pull guys back at some point. I don't think anyone has left for good since I've been around. Besides WildeThing, but he had already done it all.

Adam says:
:lmao
AJ STYLES DEBUTS AND WINS THE RUMBLE
I hope he does return (both Patters and especially Szum, so we can do our thread together and OWN shit up)

James says:
It'd be great if WildeThing had an alt and saw that us mocking him for the past two or so years.
'03 plz.

Adam says:
Oh believe me, 03 isn't going anywhere

James says:
Fuck the attitude era, you've kept the old farts around for your '03 thread anyway.
Then again, one of them just returned in 2010. Shit, it's 2011. Whatever. Ratings.

Adam says:
he's only 39 too. hardly old when Batista got his first push at the same age 8*D. I jizzed everywhere for The Rock return tbh
Anyways, what has been you favourite match and promo you've produced since you started booking?

James says:
I would have if I didn't mod the WWE section too. I had to merge about 100 OMFG ROCK IS BACK threads before I got to se it myself.
Everyone who lives outside Australia and sees RAW first sucks.

Adam says:
Indeed. Lucky I found an amazing HD stream for it so I didn't suffer what you did

James says:
Ehm, favourite match is definitely RVD/'Taker from WM 22. Reading back over the other matches, I'm not sure I liked them as much as I did originally, but I just loved everything about that match and feud. Definitely think I pulled it off better than anything else I've done before.
Plus I have things that stem from it that go well into the future, so it really sets down the marker for the thread in a way.
Favourite promo I'm not so sure about. I don't think I've really written any promos that have been above average, but people seemed to enjoy the Michaels/Tripper promo from the RAW before WM, so I guess that.

Adam says:
I thought it was the show stealer at your Mania, as in, I expected the HBK/HHH match to pip it, but was pleasantly surprised. and what has been your favourite PPV you've read since you came around here?

James says:
Ehm, there's been a few. Wolfy's WM 23 was the second ever show I read from him (the first was the go home SD), and it was amazing. Everything just had that big WrestleMania feel about it, and I felt like ALL of the matches delivered, something that's rare in BTB.
Or in real life for that matter, I guess. I also enjoyed his Backlash, although the undercard didn't deliver like 'Mania. Still, it had a big feel with the McMahon stipulation, Hell in a Cell, plus iirc the tag title match was awesome.

Adam says:
Wolfy's 3 Mania's, that's right, 3 MANIA'S PEOPLE, have all been epic

James says:
Legend has also produced some great ones. Backlash was just great throughout, while ONS had that HUGE ending that was very exciting.
Wolfy's thread is amazing. Just amazing. Can't be gushed over enough.

Adam says:
I personally think it's incredible that he's maintained such a quality thread for over 6 years
and he's never produced anything lower than a 7/10 show, ever. his consistency and excellence is un matched

James says:
He's adapted brilliantly. You look at his early shows, and from the comments they were considered good at the time, when, now, they're really not that good (talking first few pages of his thread here). Yet here he is at a time when things are so different, producing awesome stuff. His consistency even on each show is great too. You never see a bad segment. A bad show from him is pretty much impossible.

Adam says:
indeed, ok so it looks like it's time for NAME ASSOCIATION
are you ready?

James says:
No. Now what do you do?

Adam says:
We do it anyways 8*D

James says:
:lmao. Awesome.

Adam says:
let's start off with Wolfy then?

James says:
The best of the best. His writing, booking and consistency is all at a standard above the rest. Anyone who doesn't read and review his shows when he posts them should. Do it.
He's also a pretty great guy too, even if he is United scum, much like yourself. Pretty cool for an 89 year old.

Adam says:
I'm just glad the retirement village still give him internet access 8*D

James says:
He's one lucky old fart.

Adam says:
next up, Szumi?

James says:
I don't enjoy his thread as much as the others from the big four because I'm not so familiar with WCW, but his booking is still top notch. Great promo and match writer too. Seems like a good guy too, who is willing to help. People seem to struggle with the fact that he's very blunt though. Well, they did. Now he's gone. But yeah, if they could get over that, they'd see that he is actually very helpful. Some people are too sensitive though. The world is a much funnier place if you can laugh at yourself, jobbers.

Adam says:
true, but some people mistake constructive criticism for flaming. Promo KING.
anyways, next up is Mac

James says:
Very good booker. Probably the best at character development that there is and ever will be. I really wish he would come back, but that doesn't seem likely.

Adam says:
he's retired, he confined in me last month. Sadly.

James says:
Ric Flair retired at one stage too. Now he's in TNA.
Don't go to TNA Mac. :side:

Adam says:
Legend?

James says:
I see we're creative just listing the big four to start with too. Personally, he's been my favourite for most of the time I've been at WF. As a writer he is simply the best. I think at times he's maybe TOO concerned with being different, but he's still the man.

Adam says:
yeah but, they don't pay you shitloads to BTB unfortunately, otherwise we wouldnt leave like Mac,
moving onto Renegade?

James says:
They don't pay you at all in TNA apparently (I read they owe Flair money).
Reney? Shit bloke, shit booker. 8*D

Adam says:
:side:
go on...

James says:
I've always thought your work was pretty good, while not being up there with the big four, but certainly better than the rest outside of DC, Para and maybe a few others who I'd say are on your level or close to it. Maybe you're the 5th best, behind the big four.
I stick with shit bloke though - you're a Man U supporter. Fine, you're okay for a Man U supporter. You also have the handicap of being from New South Wales, so you've done well to overcome all of that to be a good guy to talk shit with.

Adam says:
Seems like the best I'll get from you 8*D so moving onto DC then?

James says:
Emp's someone I don't think most people appreciate in terms of his booking ability. Also a good guy to talk to. One of my favourites on the site.

Adam says:
Agree with you on Emp
Paranoir?

James says:
To me, EPW is the best created fed ever. He has a knack for making everything click well while doing it in a way different to what you'd see in a regular thread. His tag division is also booked sensationally. He's a good guy too. Used to chat with him a fair bit, even if he watches the wrong footy code. People should check out his thread. Fairly inspirational.

Adam says:
Yeah EPW owns. He owns. Miss him being around, hoping he hasn't faded away again
King of Pain aka KOP?

James says:
Nice guy. He's been helpful since I became mod. Pretty good booker too, although I think at times his shows lack that real spark, if you know what I mean. They're solid throughout, but they lack that it factor. With that said, I don't think I've seen his best from the way he's talked up by a few of the guys around the section.

Adam says:
He's always been the steady one, always gives you a 7/10 show, but rarely scratches above an 8.5, though a few years ago his Unleash the Fury thread had some great stuff going, think it was just as you came around here. But yeah, good guy and good booker
next up is Alcoholic?

James says:
Very fun to chat to. I think half of the shit we talk about makes no sense whatsoever, but he's still entertaining in our mathematical rhombus way. Solid booker too. GWE always gives you an enjoyable show, even if most people don't seem to notice it.

Adam says:
GWE is the other great created fed on WF, I look forward to the next show in 2012 8*D
TKOW?

James says:
It's hard to believe he's been around as long as Wolfy. He's a pretty good guy, but I think he needs to relax at times. He used to be worse when he reacted like every question in the disc thread personally offended him, but he could still do with chilling. Still, as I said, a pretty good guy.

Adam says:
Stojy?

James says:
As a booker, he's pretty good, but he seems to really hang his hat on one thing from what I've seen. His booking needs more depth throughout the card.
Stoj is my boy. Pretty good booker, could be one of the best going right now if he stuck at a thread and let his ideas be shown earlier. I think his last (and first actually :side:) PPV shows he maybe tries to do too much at once, but as a promo writer, he's one of the better bookers around.

Adam says:
did you just call him a one trick pony?

James says:
Stoj? He's not good enough to be a pony. More a one trick rat 8*D. I don't think I did though.

Adam says:
I was just joking bud :p
and moving on with iMac?

James says:
If I did, xoxo Stojy.
iMac's a cool guy and definitely the most underrated booker going right now. His WM 23 will be the best show of this year, guaranteed, unless Legend or Wolfy get to SummerSlam.

Adam says:
or me!

James says:
Go read his thread people. No Way Out is his next show. Nah, you suck. :side:

Adam says:
love you too

James says:
Get to JD first jobber. <3

Adam says:
already written half of it
and next up is JBWinner?

James says:
Some pretty good cheap plugging going on here, hostess.
At his best, he's exciting. At his worse, he can be rather boring. Needs to get that consistency, which I think will come in sticking to an idea.

Adam says:
oh plz you mentioned it first.
Nige?

James says:
I feel bad for him. He gets talked about way too much.
With that said, as a booker, imo, he's solid, but lacks that excitement. He's like the midcarder who will give you a pretty good match every week. Does that mean he deserves to go into the HoF? I don't think so. For that you have to be on the upper echelon, and he's not there yet.

Adam says:
I have to agree. We had our disputes back in the day, but we get along now, and I personally don't think he deserves HoF either, yet anyways, but he's a Michelle Keegan lover so he gets points for that, and he's got some good ideas going in his BTB, even if it's presented like a kids colouring book 8*D

James says:

Adam says:
sc2004?

James says:
not too sure how to describe sc. He's, well, different. I'm not a big drama fan myself, but what he did was interesting.
Just googled Michelle Keegan. You lads have good taste. :lmao @ Coronation Street though.
I should also say it's okay if you like Coronation Street, I have nothing against queermosexuals.

Adam says:
Patman?

James says:
Patman was another one who was solid without being spectacular. He always seemed to be on the cusp of being a top booker, but he was both just off in booking and writing. If he came back and stuck to something, who knows, it may get him there.

Adam says:
Melvisboy?

James says:
Pretty cool guy. Has a solid thread going both in terms of writing and booking, although, again, with that little more he could be one of the best. From the lot active now, he's on the level below Wolfy, iMac, and yourself.

Adam says:
aww shucks @ you complimenting me
KANEFAN?

James says:
WHO? 8*D
Hey KaneFan if you're reading. Kane sucks. Hard. Is KaneFan TKOW's alt? They seem to both have a hardon for Kane.

Adam says:
Grendrill?

James says:
I'd have to be so drunk my liver would self-destruct before I'd even think about looking at his gf who he used to have in his sig. Yuck.

Adam says:
but she's the most beautiful girl in the world, according to him

James says:
I hope they're not still going out. If so, I hope he's not reading. If they are and he is, sorry bro, your gf is an uggo.

Adam says:
owned
619indahouse?

James says:
Different? I'm not sure. Never really spoken to him or read much of his work. He seems a little like a Diet sc2004. It's drama, but not drama to the max.

Adam says:
fair enough
kid o mac?

James says:
His booking and writing has honestly never really impressed me. I understand he was good way back when, but he seems like he wasn't able to improve at the time when Wolfy did.

Adam says:
Me, him, KOP, Forever-Delayed and Rated R all started at the same time, he's a cool guy and a solid booker
Shock?

James says:
I'm cheating on WCW Rules with him.

Adam says:
major lol

James says:
Solid booker, but his actual writing needs a bit of work if he wants to progress. Still, very happy to see him become mod. He does his bit in the section, is very helpful and is a nice guy. PM him if you have a problem folks. :D

Adam says:
Crazian?

James says:
Seems a good booker from the month of shows I read from him last year. A return would be nice. His GFX also owns. Pretty much everything in my thread graphically now is his work.

Adam says:
Might have to get in on that GFX goodness
Rockstar?

James says:
He doesn't seem to GFX anymore.

Adam says:
or not then 8*D

James says:
Honestly, I don't really have an opinion on Rockstar. He seems like an okay booker, but he's not really noticeable. He's chilled at least. He used to be pretty aggressive.

Adam says:
WCW Rules?

James says:
One of the best guys you'll ever meet, internet or real life. A good guy to chat with and an exquisite writer who just needed a thread to stick to showcase his talents. I really do hope he's okay. Wish he'd return.

Adam says:
Yeah me too, he's got all that creativity and it ends up engulfing his work too quickly
TheIrishProdgiy?

James says:
Spelling mistake there is ironic. He's okay, but he has a lot of room to improve both in writing and actual booking. He really needs to proofread his shows properly, because the errors makes it nigh impossible for me to properly read what he writes.

Adam says:
This is true. TIP, Spell check on Word is your friend
Any comments on Forever-Delayed & Kane01?

James says:
I think he said he doesn't have it. Needs to download it.
Not really. Haven't read too much of their thread. Wolfy says they're great though, so I'm going to run with it. The guy knows what he's talking about. It's amazing he's not senile yet.

Adam says:
They were great. Best tandem thread in BTB history. FD was slightly the more talented, but he by no means carried the thread. Kane01 was awesome too. Miss those guys
THE INNER CIRCLE?

James says:
A cancer. They must be stopped before they kill the section. Again.

Adam says:
With all our SHAMEFUL PROPAGANDA!~

James says:
I think I've talked to the whole lot of you individually now (besides KOP's sister, but I'm working on that 8*D) and they're some of my favourites in the section. Good bunch of lads who somehow destroyed the section with a joke.

Adam says:
tbf, nubs like Wildething and Derek destroyed the section with their whining and bitching
the seeds have been planted, myself and DC are steadying the ship, once Wolfy, Szumi, Legend and Para get their act together, WE'RE TAKING OVER (AGAIN {MAYBE}) 8*D

James says:
Derek as in smod Derek?
He's a good guy so fuck you tbh.

Adam says:
Nah Duke Coolio sorry

James says:
:lmao. Okay, random story. Sorry. But yeah.

Adam says:
had renamed himself as Duke, forgot his name, first thing that popped up was Derek for some reason. probably coz me, Szum and Para sent that dickhead packing. Fuck he was full of shit, never helped the section, just came in when the IC jokes were running rampant and threw his toys out of the pram basically. Para put him in his place, it was a thing of beauty.

James says:
:lmao. When I first became active on WF, Duke Coolio raged it at me because I disagreed with him. Started sending angry rep messages because I was new. And told me I was shit and he'd always be better than me. Who's mod now, dickhead? 8*D

Adam says:
:lmao. it was him, Wildething and to an extent CM Dealer who started the whole controversy over the IC jokes. only CM still exists, we buried the other two. morale of the story = don't fuck with the IC :gun:

James says:
My favourite moment of that whole ordeal was when someone (TIP maybe?) sent messages to all of the new guys that they were just as good as THE MIGHTY IC and that there should be an uprising. I was new. I didn't get the PM. :side:

Adam says:
coz you and Stojy were on our side, smart little cookies you were
I remember you burning everyone who complained about the IC newsletter, it was hilarious

James says:
Stoj got the PM though if I remember right.
Yeah, I was already talking to you and Para back then and I've never been a real serious guy irl, let alone on the internet, so I wasn't going to be taking an e-takeover seriously.

Adam says:
indeed. ok well that sums up NAME ASSOCIATION
so let's get to know a bit about the guy away from WF. Now, it's common knowledge you're a dirty scouser supporter

James says:

Adam says:
LOL'erpool. but what other sporting teams do you follow?

James says:
Geelong Footy Club for AFL. Victoria and Australia in cricket because I'm Victorian and Australian (shocking, I know), and in the brief time I've watched ice hockey, for some reason I picked the Caps. Really should have just jumped on the Red Wings bandwagon.
Oh, and I go for Victory or Heart in the A-League. I don't care which, A-League is shit.

Adam says:
A-League is indeed shit

James says:
Don't really follow any leagues outside England for football.

Adam says:
but don't forget, Brisbane Roar are the Arsenal of the A-League :lmao

James says:
I just keep tabs on Championship and the prem. They've been undefeated for how long now?
I know Matt McKay plays for them. He wasn't too bad at the Asian Cup. Better than I thought he would be.
I also support Melbourne Storm for NRL I guess, even if you cheats had to plant fake evidence on us due to us being too awesome.

Adam says:
yeah thats whats happened :side:. and musical tastes, what genres and bands are your favs?

James says:
I've never known how to describe this properly in real life, let alone on the internet. I guess I'll say I post in the rock and pop threads on here and think rap is garbage.
My favourite bands are on my profile for anyone who wants to check them out. Decided they were more important than my favourite wrestlers.

Adam says:
A Day to Remember is one rit?

James says:
Indeed, A Day to Remember and Silverstein are probably my absolute favourites.

Adam says:
just give us top 5 for the sake of it

James says:
Hey Monday and Lights for pop music though.
Those four and I guess I'll add Muse to the mix.

Adam says:
ugh LIGHTS, that fucking gimmick. Was funny tho I'll admit

James says:
Me and RUSH made that shit take off.

Adam says:
and what do you do with yourself when you're not on WF or beating off to pics of RUSH?

James says:
Not that Rush would be reading this.
RUSH.

Adam says:
RUSH

James says:
Hey Kiz too.

Adam says:
as in, what do you study at university?

James says:
Who also won't be reading this. Me, you, RUSH, Kiz, Ben. Lads from the catbox. <3.
About to start uni next week. Doing a double degree in Science and Education (Secondary).
So yeah, possibly set up to be a high school general science/bio/psych teacher.

Adam says:
wow. sounds interesting, quite challenging and a tad boring if I'm being totally honest
but mainly challenging 8*D

James says:
Also very interested in animal rights and conservation though, so I'd like to maybe get into zoology. Hopefully majoring in that. Yeah, it'll be interesting. Good ratio going in my double degree. I like it.

Adam says:
You'll do well, my child

James says:
Feel so young talking to you and the other bookers.

Adam says:
I'm only 21, and the only other one who's booked longer than me, Wolfy, is 4 times my age 8*D

James says:
:lmao. I'm only 18. Stoj is probably the closest to me in age from the bookers I speak with. He's definitely my bro. Not sure how old iMac is. Drop me a message with your a/s/l buddy. :side:

Adam says:
ok well I think that should wrap things up for now, thank you very much Mr. Moderator for shooting the shit and sharing some LOLZ with us. keep on bringing your shows, and all around help to the section, and hopefully the next interview we see will be in the newsletter, which we'll hopefully organise with some help, yes?

James says:
It's been fun. Yeah, should look at getting that thing going again. PM one of us (me or Reney) if you want to do something I guess.

Adam says:
Indeed. Either myself or Hulky are looking for contributors

James says:
Thank you for interviewing me btw <3

Adam says:
ily too 8*D​

· HEY YO
5,577 Posts
Definitely a great read. Surprised there was no mention of KATE~! though, disappointed, tbh. Besides that, everything spot on, except for the bit where if I stuck to a thread I could be one of the best.

I thought I already was? 8*D

Good work, gents. Interview me next tho, plz.

· Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
9,503 Posts
CM Dealer = ???? (also, I'm from parts unknown)

I honestly have no memory of the IC thing (OK, vague memories of people getting worked up over nothing). Nice to get a mention though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.