Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's the awful true even you like it or not.. Meltzer with his outstanding piece layed out to us what will happen to the future guys and who they will be treated from the company.

I am saying for months that most of you are missing the point. Yes i am a huge Bryan fan(cause he was in the first wrestling match i ever saw and the match that made me to start watching wrestling,it was him vs Low Ki vs Chris Daniels on the Era of Honor begins, but the whole situation with Bryan and the way they treated him shows to me how guys like Ambrose,Zayn,Ziggler,Owens,Neville,Itami and maybe even Balor will never get the chance to become THE GUYS.

Because the ugly truth is that no matter who talented they are they don't fit WWE's image of how a top guy should be.

None of them has the look the want,only Balor has a great look but he is too short for their standards, and that shows to me that they will always be playing the stepping stone to guys like Reigns.

And that's why i am getting furious. I know that it is not Roman's fault and it's the company's fault for pushing him and ignoring the fans.

The thing is that THE FACE/FACES of the company should be determined by their talent and their connection to their crowd.When the crowd can look above their looks it bugs me that the stupid company can't look above it..

So yes i am afraid of the future of the talented guys on NXT and the talented guys on the main roster because they will never get that chance no matter how great they are and no matter who over they get..

And to make that clear before the well-known trolls hit the thread this is not a thread only for Bryan. I know that Bryan will get the championship again down the line. This is a thread about the guys who are just like Bryan and probably they will get the same treatment as Bryan when the crowd will get behind them because they don't fit their stupid LOOK agenda.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I agree to a certain extent.

Guys like Rollins, Bryan, Zayn, Balor, Ziggler etc will all take turns to feud with THE guy who will most likely be Reigns. They are going to be the guys who will get some decent rubs and get recognition at times but mainly they are there to be fed to guys like Reigns and ultimately make him look good.

Reigns is THE priority. Anyone else who does well out of it is just an added bonus to WWE. I already sense they are willing to step on anyone to get him over. Whether it be promos from Bryan or Heyman or randon appearances fromthe great one the signs are already there.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
Barring an extraordinary improvement in the guys ability to connect with the audience and draw money for WWE in that role then Reigns will be a heel before the year is out.

The problem we should be worrying about right now is not whether Reigns is the new Cena (Because he isn't, we can all see that) but whether or not WWE will revert back to having John Cena carry the company rather than run with one of the other new guys in a top babyface role when Reigns eventually does turn.

If Ambrose/Rollins/Ryback/Bryan or whoever don't get the opportunities next year when Reigns is a heel and we get saddled with John Cena back in the No.1 babyface spot and challenging for the title again then the crowd really needs to fucking give it to them because we are right back to square one again if this is the case.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then stop watching? You know what's coming so why watch?
Awesome response bro.. Why didn't i think about that all that time?

Seriously you opened my eyes with this alternative..

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
I agree to a certain extent.

Guys like Rollins, Bryan, Zayn, Balor, Ziggler etc will all take turns to feud with THE guy who will most likely be Reigns. They are going to be the guys who will get some decent rubs and get recognition at times but mainly they are there to be fed to guys like Reigns and ultimately make him look good.

Reigns is THE priority. Anyone else who does well out of it is just an added bonus to WWE. I already sense they are willing to step on anyone to get him over. Whether it be promos from Bryan or Heyman or randon appearances fromthe great one the signs are already there.
Agreed with the bold part. I think the OP is overreacting a bit though, it's too soon to tell where this story is going to go.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,482 Posts
Whilst I agree the top players on the roster should be based on their crowd connection (whether heel or face) they should also be able to entertain.

We all slam Reigns for his lack of mic ability (although I enjoyed his promo on RAW with Heyman as although it wasn't Punk or Rock quality, it was refreshing for him.) but I don't want to see a "vanilla midget" with the WWEWHC and face of the company if he can't talk but can only wrestle and gets pops.

But I also disagree that Romans looks or family should determine why he's the next Cena.

The face of the company should be someone who's a sports entertainer but can wrestle and connect with the crowd. Bryan can do this, Cena can do this and I think Reigns will given time. He got some greats pops on RAW, nothing Bryan-esque but he did get cheers.

But look at Triple H's comments about NXT - it's not just developmental. He said it is going to be its own brand and potential feeder for the main roster. In a few years if the progress continues, we may have Raw, NXT & Smackdown as 3 different PRIMARY shows. We may start seeing NXT matches at PPVs since it's doing so well.

·
Banned
50 Posts
For fuck sake. Whats everyones obsession with Daniel Bryan. He's nowhere near as good as everyone on this forum makes out. He's just a midget spot-monkey!

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,061 Posts
What people don't understand is that Reigns being the face of the company isn't the issue; everyone else getting buried to put him in that spot is the issue. This roster is perfectly capable of having like 10 interchangeable main eventers if they were booked correctly, but instead, they'd rather job everyone out in the mid card and give us another 5 years of those young studs Kane and Big Show. This is why the main event is one of the worst parts of the show. I don't care if you're Reigns or Bryan, no one wants to see anyone fight them for 20 minutes, especially when they almost always lose. Where's the suspense? Why do we care? Triple H comes out in the first segment, cuts a 20 minute promo, and puts the faces in a Tag Team match with Kane and Big Show and let them get the pin if they win or make Rollins eat the pin in a 6 man tag if they lose, then they wonder why he's viewed as a joke.

We haven't had a credible main event heel since 2012 Punk. Your top face is only as good as your top heel. If upper mid carders are bending Seth over, then he damn sure isn't a threat to main eventers like Cena, Bryan, and Reigns. He's required asinine amounts of interference to get fluke wins against Cena, and they aren't even remembered at this point. When Rollins loses, he loses with asinine amounts of interference, so he looks even weaker. This is why their only option is to turn Reigns heel at Wrestlemania. As a face, there's no one who can contest him. I've lost count of how many times he's run through Kane, Big Show, and Rollins before he was bestowed the magical power of no selling. Now they have no chance in hell. As a heel, he's got fresh matches in Ziggler, Ryback, Ambrose, Bryan, and Cena. At least they're not booked like complete pussies and can put up a fight.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I fucking hate this attitude that this forum has about WWE burying talent.

I do agree that WWE will always favour the bigger prettier guy as the face of the company. not that i fully agree with it, but I understand that it's a marketing decision to potentially attract a new fan base.

Yet it doesn't mean the hardcore fan's favourites are being buried, it just means they will have to have a limited time in the limelight.

Yes, Bryan is the most over and possibly the most talented guy on the roster, but he is not marketable to the family demographic that WWE is trying to chase. in actual fact nor is Reigns. John Cena is that man.

let's face it, RAW and Smackdown is not made for us anymore, It's made for casual families.

If you want a 'wrestling' talent to be the face of the brand then watch NXT. That show is made for us.

Reactions: Triple-B

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is the modus operandi of WWE, OP. As long as a performer doesont get too over, doesnt exceed their "station", then WWE has no reason to apply the brakes to you. Dare to be average and Vince shall have no problem with you. The brass rings are for members only, no riff raff allowed.
And that's my problem and fear at the same time...

I don't want in 3-4 years Zayn or Owens to be in the same spot like Bryan is today.

I am almost sure that a guy like Baron Corbin will get 10 times more opportunities than Sami Zayn because he fits their image. And i am not bashing on Corbin that's the true. He is a tall,big guy with a great look when Sami is just a ginger guy with goofy look and too small and lean for their standards.

But yeah most of the people here can't see this because they think all of what a fan of Bryan says is about Bryan..

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
I kinda agree & I kinda don't.

I mean, look at where Bryan got with doing his own thing, and he still "failed", because he is not a Samoan pretty boy. Can't see them using Owens, Zayn or Bálor well because of that.

BUT on the other hand, those guys are HHH's guys. Bryan was never a HHH or a Vince guy, just like Punk. Him & Punk came before HHH had his NXT going.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I kinda agree & I kinda don't.

I mean, look at where Bryan got with doing his own thing, and he still "failed", because he is not a Samoan pretty boy. Can't see them using Owens, Zayn or Bálor well because of that.

BUT on the other hand, those guys are HHH's guys. Bryan was never a HHH or a Vince guy, just like Punk. Him & Punk came before HHH had his NXT going.
See how they treated Charlotte when he came for a match and what's their opinion on her.

Triple H is good when it comes on NXT but Vince controls 100% the main roster programming.

So i don't think that them being Triple H's guys will prevent Vince from treating them like after thoughts..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.