Wrestling Forum banner

The Briscoe Brothers Shoot On WWE Developmental

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  sesshomaru 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzOZBtyP8Y&feature=channel_video_title

(sorry not embed)

Developmental story starts at 0:55

This promo was over at the "Other Wrestling" section but I figured I'd post it here. The Briscoe Brothers, whom many call one of the best tag teams (if not the best) in wrestling today.

They went for a WWE tryout in 09'. They went down to FCW but didnt get accepted, this promo explains.

I'm not only posting it in the WWE section because it's a great promo from the heart (something WWE is missing). But to also highlight not only the problems with

1. WWE's developmental system but also
2. Johnny "Funkman" Ace

But considering WWE's tag division is in shambles now, WWE may have made the right choice not accepting the Briscoes and ruining their careers with some horrible gimmick.

Look up some of their work.

Too many wrestlers look like Ken Dolls today

See less See more
#2 ·
They are fantastic workers but they are obviously not what WWE looks for in talent. I'm not surprised they have been overlooked. Like you said, I'm kind of glad. Knowing WWE, the Briscoes might have been saddled with a crappy hillbilly gimmick or something.

#5 ·
WWE might have used them as the Austins of the tag team division though. Maybe it might have not been a bad division, could have been bigger than intercontinental for all we know.

#9 ·
I'm not entirely convinced they didn't get a contract because they are "ugly". I mean, have you seen the guys the WWE has signed over the years? For example, was Danny Basham a good looking dude? I might be their style, who knows. Shame though, I think they could easily be part of the WWE Tag Division as a bunch of ******* heels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.