Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the general feel on this forum/you guys' personal opinions on the gimmick? I thought it was great and he could of gone far with it. Maybe not a multi-time world champ, but definitely several mid-card titles and maybe a title run if they'd built him right. Sure, he didn't look all that credible, but that's what Ezekiel was for. I dunno, something about it was awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
His gimmick was great. I was a big fan of his at the time. It's too bad his drug problems ruined his push.

Ezekiel Jackson was also at his best of his career when he was managing him. Jackson's presence made up for Kendrick's lack of size, and turned Kendrick into a believable threat.

He also had a great theme song:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I really enjoyed it. Though to be fair, I really like everything him and Paul London did. They really we're underutilized for how good they are.

·
Banned
679 Posts
i thought he was the next hbk

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I was really diggin that kid. Will never forget his few minutes long title reign from Unvorgiven 2008(?)

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
This was when Smackdown's roster, in terms of in-ring quality, was awesome. THE Brian Kendrick, MVP, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, The Undertaker... With JR and Foley on commentary as well, shit was different, thats for sure. But yeah, TBK and Paul London both could have been legit mid-carders and upper midcarders. I would have built up TBK the exact way he was before being released - a mastermind weasle but still plain awesome in the ring - and Paul London as the ultimate underdog, full of heart, passion and dedication.

Its a shame nothing really came of both of them, but yeah, I loved THE Brian Kendrick, and it was the only time Big Zeke was even relevant.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I really like Kendrick he can cut a good promo and is great to watch in the ring.He really excels with the right gimmick.This promo from below shows his talent on the mic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts