Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was everyone's opinion on this gimmick? I thought it was a perfect fit for Smackdown, as Kendrick could still utilize his talents on the more wrestling oriented show. And TBK himself was hilarious / just acted like a total hardass. Great promo, IMO, below. Very convincing stuff. Anyway, do you guys think TBK could have been more successful and gone further?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^Zeke was Kendricks body guard...

But Kendrick was real great with that gimmick. Sucked that WWE released him,but wasn't the reason because of the wellness stuff? He really could have done alot in the WWE. I actually liked Kendricks promos more than Rhodes

·
Registered
97 Posts
One of WWE's biggest fuck-ups in the past three years was releasing Kendrick.
How was this a WWE fuck-up?? Kendrick is a pot-head! would continuously ignore WWE's wellness policy!

I totally loved this gimmick though, was prob in my top 3 gimmicks at the time. Was something to really get into. I dont think he would ever be would title material but could of had great US/IC title runs.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What was everyone's opinion on this gimmick? I thought it was a perfect fit for Smackdown, as Kendrick could still utilize his talents on the more wrestling oriented show. And TBK himself was hilarious / just acted like a total hardass. Great promo, IMO, below. Very convincing stuff. Anyway, do you guys think TBK could have been more successful and gone further?

Dolph Ziggler fans know what real Sports Entertainement is.I agree with you,but if Kendrick quited smoking he would be at ADR or Miz place , Im happy hes booked well in TNA but sometimes I wish he could stop with the pots and return to WWE to be a top tweener superstar, I mean this guy's only flow is that he smokes weed, he was going to be Mr.MITB.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Kendrick is worse than Morrison promo wise. I'm not sure how you can say that if you've watched him on TNA. He's definitely not a natural on the mic.
Like every pro wrestlers,thats basically why its called a ''promo''...

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
I was a complete mark for TBK. When he was the current champion in the championship scramble back in Unforgiven 08, I actually thought he might just win. How stupid I was.

But TBK was great, shame he didn't get far.

·
Registered
161 Posts
TBK was the fucking man.

How can anyone say he doesn't have charisma? He was certainly not The Rock on the mic, but he could hold his own... for that matter, so can JoMo when he has decent material and a character that isn't generic flippy guy.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I liked the gimmick, but I didn't like the wrestler. I thought the gimmick was well written and could get tons of heat, but Kendrick was too small too be a world champ with that gimmick. Kendrick is a great wrestler, but not big enough.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Another good pre-match promo... TBK looks fucking cool the way he walks / dances around.

"That's 100% Zeke!"

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Pot being on the banned list is just stupid. They could use it, and have CM Punk convert him to straight edge or something, then turn on him and smoke a bong in the middle of the ring :D. I liked Kendrick a lot, and the gimmick. Hope he gets back to WWE one day.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts