Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
♚
1,109 Posts
Some very interesting posts.

Aside from Bayley and Sasha's merch sales, none of the current women draw (and I love Asuka, Kairi, Moon, and Lynch's work in the ring). So from where did this notion about them drawing or making WWE profitable in any way, or fans clamoring for them before the "woman's revolution" come from? Is there any proof?
Go on the WWE YT page and Rousey's videos alone get more views probably than the rest of the RAW superstars combined. On SDL Becky & Charlotte are getting lots of views too. Not the most, but pretty close.

I don't have any evidence of making WWE more profitable. But that shows that people want to watch them. People wanted the women's revolution because fans were on social media demanding it i.e. #GiveDivasAChance was trending #1 at one point.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Because TNA made them look like shit when they started breaking barriers in women's wrestling and they wanted to take credit for what TNA accomplished so they did the same when they realized it draws.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The real answer is this: Ronda Rousey drew on PPV for UFC

Thing is this has happened every now and then going back to the 80's with female boxers. But it's never been sustained. people occasionally get interested in a woman athlete but will never be interested in women's athletics.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
For the same reason most corporates are pushing women with faster promotions than men while putting them under less physical stress. Don't think too much about it as it will fuck you up on so many levels.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Easy answer. Ronda Rousey became a star and a celebrity. It also become part of the culture to support women getting equal opportunity. So get a big star to sign with you since they can't create one, and get good P.R for the company.

Reactions: Ace
41 - 46 of 46 Posts