Wrestling Forum banner

Is the new site better than the old one?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of the new revamped site?

Any recommendations to improve the experience?

I will go first.

I don't like the new site. It's terrible, no reps and the "liking" system is just bad. Stupid alerts just because someone replies to a thread (as opposed to before, when we used to get notified only when the user is involved in the post somehow).

Site performance is slow from what I see as well.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah, the last UI looked like shit, this one looks like less shit. With tweaks it could easily be decent to look at. Also, don't care at all about the rep system, it was nothing but a way for people to be passive aggressive instead of actually joining in the conversation and saying WHY they don't like the comment. (That, and watching TheDraw have a meltdown over it).

60,001 Posts
It's not as good. They've stripped away some features that gave the site personality. The site sort of feels like i went from living in technicolor to living in black and white. I never used the chatbox but I know many who liked it. so I can imagine they are a little vexed about it's deletion. I do find it curious that they finally restored gif sigs but not gif avatars. No smilies is no bueno.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,115 Posts

It looks a bit sleeker if anything and for me has run fairly well, but that's about it for the list of the positives here.

The site just feels banal, and sort of lifeless now. It's still the same content at the end of the day, but put on a more corporate looking layout. At least we could have way more personality in the old forum and actually gave people perks if they wanted a membership. Now we just have features like the Chatbox, avi gifs, custom similes, and the like which have been removed, despite overwhelming support from the community in keeping that stuff. Hell I can't even use colored text anymore from the look of things.

Hopefully some improvements are made but my doubt in this is high. A shame really.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Yes purely for the fact that the old one was a nightmare to work on mobile browser.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I mostly prefer the new layout, but the old forum's features. I didn't really use most of them, but I can understand why people that have been here for several years are pissed. This forum kind of feels stripped of its personality. I am thankful that I can hide signatures though. Shit was an eyesore.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Noooooo.
Cons:
  • No smileys. I miss the lol smiley...
  • No gif avatars. How do we have gif sigs but not avs???
  • Sig gifs/images are too small.
  • Can't change usertitles or center our sigs without asking a mod to do it.
  • Can't edit posts after 24 hours. Stupid.
  • I liked the dark mode at first but now I think it's too harsh, it should be grey instead.
  • The fact that you can't see which thread in a particular forum was last replied to unless you go to the forum itself.
  • "A moment ago" is dumb, cos sometimes that moment is like half an hour ago lol.
  • You also can't click 'a moment ago' or whatever time at all, when you used to be able to go directly to whatever post it was from the main page.
  • The fact that the admins lied to us about refunding Premium memberships, only a refund if you got it less than 30 days ago? What?
  • I have Premium so I don't see the ads, but I'm told they're annoying and invasive?
  • The Premium avs are actually smaller and more crap than the non Premium ones.
  • Having to click two buttons to get to our notifications/alerts when it used to be one.
  • The sub forums aren't available unless you click a drop down box, they should be available from the main page.
I'm sure I'm missing some. So yeah, it's def not an improvement. It's quite fast though, but that means nothing when the rest is so meh.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,106 Posts
It's faster, lighter, works much better on mobile. I do miss the rep system, but if I started off with this UI instead of the previous, I think I'd like it a lot more than what we had.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,360 Posts
I'm really not a big fan of changes. The interface is easier to use and looks more modern so that's a plus. But they got rid of all of the dumb features like Rep that were funny. I don't really care too much about the rep but it was funny to have accumulated tens of thousands of points over the course of like 12 years here. I don't need the feature but it's shitty that something that I've been using for years and years is just gone.

But if you're a new user I do feel like this is probably a better set up. And I don't feel like I'm looking at a message board from 2003.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Well, it runs smoother than the previous site. But that’s the only positive.

I have to use dark mode because the sites too bright, some of the icons are oversized so i can’t read some of the posts properly. There are no smiley emojis, meaning the site has lost personality. I can’t save any trophies I have received, and there’s apparently a time limit for editing posts (1440 minutes for those wondering), so any posts I have with misspellings (which I was positive wasn’t misspelled to begin with when i posted) are here to stay permanently.

Overall, the new site sucks.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,487 Posts
It's regressive, you should never take away features no matter how minor you think they are. I almost had a coronary the first time I started Windows 8 and there wasn't a start button.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts