• The Shield

Votes: 69 87.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you consider has had the biggest impact and dominance on RAW/All WWE and kayfabe wise has imposed more fear/terror over the rest of the superstars and why?

·
Ho!
17,613 Posts
Re: The Big Picture vs The Hounds of Justice...

Nexus for the first two months>The Shield>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nexus post-Summerslam 2010

As for the poll question, Shield.

·
Premium Member
17,208 Posts

I said SHIELD. They survived basically. Nexus started splitting up and getting not impact, so it died off. I don't consider it a fail (we have ryback, DB, and more from it) like some people, it played it's course and got those guys to the main roster.

Yet, SHIELD debuted as just 3 is still 3. It shows exclusiveness. They were winning many matches, even one against Cena, and became legit tag team champions (not just a small plot twist for a few shows). They basically debuted at ME level, died down a bit (but still were highly noticed) and then came back into the ME level again.

·
-
7,495 Posts

Nexus debut was one of the best debuts in WWE history IMO.

It all went downhill after Summerslam though. The Shield overall had better impact.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

Shield made impact because they weren't involved with cena
Otherwise they will be wrestling on superstars now

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

Shield made impact because they weren't involved with cena
Otherwise they will be wrestling on superstars now
Did you forget they beat Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus at the Elimination Chamber PPV this year?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

Shield for sure. Nexus did have it's bigger attack moments, but Shield overall was better

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts

I prefer the nexus. The month that they weren't buried had more direction than the entire year we've had the shield.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

Nexus for the first two months>The Shield>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nexus post-Summerslam 2010

As for the poll question, Shield.
This. This. This. Thread over. This is the answer.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts

Shield has more talent and work together better with just the 3 of them than the Nexus did with all 8 of the people in it. But the working together easier with less people part is kind of understandable.

Still, Nexus could never touch The Shield's matches. Even The Shield's presence feels bigger with just the three of them. More charisma also. You can say what you want but Nexus was essentially a charisma black hole IMO.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts

OP, do you even do legs bro?

LOL.

No, but seriously... not even close and I don't even have to say for who.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts

The Shield sustained relevance for quite a while now, and are still strong AND carry championships under their banner.

While the Nexus made insanely good impacts for the first month, it fizzled out when everyone realized Cena was going to go over no matter what.

·
Registered
102 Posts

I started watching wwe again a lil bit after the whole nexus angle but I seen there debut and I thought that was awesome! But it seemed like they got smaller over time. They were feuding with Cena so who knows. Like Wade B. CM punk just kinda came out of nowhere and was the leader of the nexus unless I missed something. But I would have to say the shield. Those 3 guys have a lot of potential as independent superstars in the future. Glad hhh haven't buried those guys yet.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Nexus. The Shield is full of good talent but they didn't had a goal. It was just them beating the biggest names in the WWE and that's all, they did nothing else. The Nexus were better because they had a goal ( and don't begin with the justice, they just attacked random people ) and come on, Cena was their bitch. Much better than anything The Shield did

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts

Shield is Nexus done right. They trimmed the fat (ie, only used guys they wanted to push instead of filling the group with Otunga's, Gabriel's and Slater's), put them over every combination of main eventers possible to the point where they had no choice but to get over, and at that point they've used them as high mid carders/low main eventers who can believably hang with anyone and make everyone look good, and elevate people that they lose to (see, Cody Rhodes).

Nexus was a giant clusterfuck. For two reasons. #1, Wade Barrett was the leader of the stable and Vince was not going to allow his group to succeed due to how he views the English despite the fact that that motherfucker has everything he's ever wanted in a top heel. #2, that angle was basically plagued. They lost Daniel Bryan the first week and they were changing the direction left and right based on various things that were out of their control which I can't even remember because so many of them happened. It was just doomed.

The only thing Shield is lacking is that we don't know what motivates them. Justice was quickly proven to be a false premise when they were caught being paid off by Heyman, and since then they've basically had no storyline, but they're still booked great considering. The problem of a clear storyline direction and character development is a company wide problem, though, not Shield specific. They don't even know what to do with the Wyatt's, and you could write more amazing shit for them than anybody.

·
Banned
136 Posts

Anyone who votes Nexus has a legitimate retardation disability and should be checked into a mental facility for life.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts