I...HATE....BULLYS....

And his reaction to the Heyman kiss

LMAO

fucking priceless

All in all, Ryback Rules! :ryback

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I don't,and will never, get how this guys has any fans.
Judging by your sig, I can see why.

You hate guys with muscle and who act with aggression, and love skinny guys who are much less intimidating. Very anti-manly apparently.

At least you put it in your sig so we understand why you hate Ryback; you hate alpha males and love betas. Thanks for making sure it's clear bro.

Reactions: padraic

·
Registered
88 Posts
He makes me laugh sometimes but that's about it.

I can never get that CM Punk faceswap out of my mind when he comes on the TV.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
I don't,and will never, get how this guys has any fans.
Same here.

He's awful in ring, the pace he works is so god damn slow that he managed to drag Punk to a really boring match at Battleground (felt like it lasted an eternity), his style is outdated, his mic skills aren't very good and his character (the bully who beats up others and then claims they're bullying him) is ridiculous and terrible. The one thing he has going for him is his look, and that's not enough.

For picking 2 new Paul Heyman guys, they've sure picked two duds.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Judging by your sig, I can see why.

You hate guys with muscle and who act with aggression, and love skinny guys who are much less intimidating. Very anti-manly apparently.

At least you put it in your sig so we understand why you hate Ryback; you hate alpha males and love betas. Thanks for making sure it's clear bro.
I like Undertaker, I like Kane,I love Abyss,I like Chris Masters, I like Big Show, and believe it or not, I like Khali(when he's not in the title picture), I watched a lot of Lex Luger and Vader stuff and I loved them..and If you noticed there's Dynamite Kid in my sig as one of my favorites and I'm pretty sure he was toughest SOB backstage and some would say a real bully..
My favorite type of wrestlers are the great ones that don't get pushed immediately to the world title picture..

And yes, I do dislike big muscle-heads pushed like the moon from the start who could be replaced by any gym addict trained(wrestling) for 6month

If you'd rather see a Ryback match than a HBK, Bryan, Punk, Muta or Shelley match , I don't have a problem with that, just don't come and tell me "you're a wrestling fan" .. You're a sports entertainment fan who likes a character and the role it's playing, because as sure as fuck Ryback can't wrestle his way out of a toilet paper compared to these guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like Undertaker, I like Kane,I love Abyss,I like Chris Masters, I like Big Show, and believe it or not, I like Khali(when he's not in the title picture), I watched a lot of Lex Luger and Vader stuff and I loved them..and If you noticed there's Dynamite Kid in my sig as one of my favorites and I'm pretty sure he was toughest SOB backstage and some would say a real bully..
My favorite type of wrestlers are the great ones that don't get pushed immediately to the world title picture..

And yes, I do dislike big muscle-heads pushed like the moon from the start who could be replaced by any gym addict trained(wrestling) for 6month

If you'd rather see a Ryback match than a HBK, Bryan, Punk, Muta or Shelley match , I don't have a problem with that, just don't come and tell me "you're a wrestling fan" .. You're a sports entertainment fan who likes a character and the role it's playing, because as sure as fuck Ryback can't wrestle his way out of a toilet paper compared to these guys.
no wonder Edge is your favorite with this edgy post :clap

Ryback is a lot better than Goldberg for instance, at worst Ryback is mediocre in the ring. and people playing characters and their role in a match is a pretty big part of pro wrestling

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
no wonder Edge is your favorite with this edgy post :clap

Ryback is a lot better than Goldberg for instance, at worst Ryback is mediocre in the ring. and people playing characters and their role in a match is a pretty big part of pro wrestling
It is a part of wrestling but in my opinion it shouldn't overshadow the important part( THE WRESTLING), that's why you'll never hear me complain about Bryan and his push now, I can watch him main event WWE for years.
Well at least, Ryback is better than Goldberg, and he still hasn't won the title yet..but I don't get the obsession with this guy and why a lot of people want him as world champion or ending the streak(hell even fighting for it shouldn't even be considered IMO)..He could be a solid mid-card guy at best, a better built mid-card Chris Masters from Ryback wouldn't get any complaints from me.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm loving the whole bully gimmick he's got going, if for no other reason than the awesome bro-mance between him and Heyman. I'm not really sure how he's going to evolve past it, since he's pretty much being made to look like an idiot that Paul is manipulating for his own gain, but for the time being I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
This is Ryback's last chance. If Heyman can't make anything out of him, its hopeless. Thus far, not looking good.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
This is Ryback's last chance. If Heyman can't make anything out of him, its hopeless. Thus far, not looking good.
His failures have mainly been due to terrible booking which isn't really his fault....hell, for someone buried in PPV after PPV its amazing he still gets reactions

·
Registered
4,392 Posts

Abyss, Big Show, and Chris Masters aren't aggressive alphas, they're just big. And of the guys you just listed, only Chris Masters really even showed any defined muscle. Meanwhile, almost everyone you listed that you hated are strong alpha male characters.

I don't think that's a coincidence. Especially when you picked out the cream of the crop alpha wrestling characters as your least favs which even included guys who were ACTUAL wrestlers and good at it (Brock Lesnar). Yet you're claiming he's a sports entertainer, not a wrestler? That makes zero sense. You simply hate the "beach body" and the alpha personalities that Vince likes and likes to push since they pull good ratings. If skill was your main focus, you wouldn't hate Brock Lesnar, one of the few guys who's a REAL wrestler (and fighter). Yet you hate him, so it's obvious you're full of shit on your point about liking actual wrestlers. You apparently only like them if they aren't jacked alpha males (probably since you can't relate to it I'd guess).

You can't seriously sit there and try to act all elitist and better by saying you're a "wrestling fan" for hating Ryback, and that I am somehow not because I like him without looking like a gigantic hypocrite and fool. You aren't watching "wrestling", you're watching "pro wrestling". It's a scripted television show with fake fights between actors who do their own stunts. You're a fan of sports antertainment too, because that's what the show is. Even if you strip away the stories and mic works and everything else and just watch the play fighting, it's still all scripted and not at all actual wrestling.

Actual "wrestling" fans are watching amatuer wrestling, college matches and Olympic wrestling. "Pro" wrestling is a totally different beast. What you have done is delude yourself into thinking one type of pro wrestling is "actual wrestling" when it is not. It's still pro wrestling/sports entertainment, it's just one type of pro wrestling.

In the end, you're also just a sports entertainment fan like the rest of us, you just delusionally label yourself differently because you like a different style than I do. It's all sports entertainment, just different styles of it. You ain't better than people who don't agree with you. That shit is a joke.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
I have not been here for Ryback. At all. At any point in his career. (Except for my brief aw-shucks moment of squee on Skip Sheffield. And the giggles I get watching that video of Al Snow talking about Ryan Reeves eating habits.)

But I am here for this new character. I just. . .I love it. It makes me giddy with giggles.

He still can't wrestle, though.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Abyss, Big Show, and Chris Masters aren't aggressive alphas, they're just big. And of the guys you just listed, only Chris Masters really even showed any defined muscle. Meanwhile, almost everyone you listed that you hated are strong alpha male characters.

I don't think that's a coincidence. Especially when you picked out the cream of the crop alpha wrestling characters as your least favs which even included guys who were ACTUAL wrestlers and good at it (Brock Lesnar). Yet you're claiming he's a sports entertainer, not a wrestler? That makes zero sense. You simply hate the "beach body" and the alpha personalities that Vince likes and likes to push since they pull good ratings. If skill was your main focus, you wouldn't hate Brock Lesnar, one of the few guys who's a REAL wrestler (and fighter). Yet you hate him, so it's obvious you're full of shit on your point about liking actual wrestlers. You apparently only like them if they aren't jacked alpha males (probably since you can't relate to it I'd guess).

You can't seriously sit there and try to act all elitist and better by saying you're a "wrestling fan" for hating Ryback, and that I am somehow not because I like him without looking like a gigantic hypocrite and fool. You aren't watching "wrestling", you're watching "pro wrestling". It's a scripted television show with fake fights between actors who do their own stunts. You're a fan of sports antertainment too, because that's what the show is. Even if you strip away the stories and mic works and everything else and just watch the play fighting, it's still all scripted and not at all actual wrestling.

Actual "wrestling" fans are watching amatuer wrestling, college matches and Olympic wrestling. "Pro" wrestling is a totally different beast. What you have done is delude yourself into thinking one type of pro wrestling is "actual wrestling" when it is not. It's still pro wrestling/sports entertainment, it's just one type of pro wrestling.

In the end, you're also just a sports entertainment fan like the rest of us, you just delusionally label yourself differently because you like a different style than I do. It's all sports entertainment, just different styles of it. You ain't better than people who don't agree with you. That shit is a joke.
-Sports entertainment is a term invented by the devil himself( Vince) to try and separate WWE from " wrestling companies", for a lot of Indy companies, the best wrestlers are the ones that main event ( i don't care it they aren't succesful, i like the fact how they chose that you are a great wrestler, in the top 10% of the roster, you should main event) ... That's why I mean I'm a wrestling fan, i like to watch for the high-flying, mat technical (and some stiffness) wrestling...
If I acted like an elitist I apologize for that, what i meant to say is that I would rather watch a 20min Chris Sabin vs Austin Aries match over Cena/Rock (because i don't care the big name main event factor in the match)
-this type of alpha that I hate,as you put it, are usually untalented wrestlers that I don't enjoy in the ring at all, and pushed like beasts to the main event.

- The reason I didn't like Lesnar is because he was pushed to the moon since his debut and left 2 years later like an asshole, and the only time I actually enjoyed watching him in a pro wrestling ring was when he wrestled against Angle.

-I guess the reason I like Chris Masters was because he wasn't pushed like those others, I liked Big Zek too, I'm pretty sure there's many others, what I meant to clarify was that 80% the type of wrestlers I mostly dislike are those "alpha bodybuilders" that gets pushed to main event as soon as they debut(. And the 2nd part is the bigger reason I dislike them, take Del Rio for example a talented guy but pushed too ..it just so happens that usually those big-muscled guys are given a main event push before they've earnes anything, Sheamus is talented as well but he was pushed too soon)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts