Wrestling Forum banner

221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Hopefully it's not a heel turn. They just did something similar with Io not too long ago. And after Sami, Bayley, Kairi, etch, I'd prefer that WWE not turn all of it's natural babyfaces heel just because, they cannot book babyfaces well. They need at least a few credible ones.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The thing is, Rhea doesn't like Dakota, Called her weak

Rhea probably going to pick Toni anyways for WarGames
I doubt it. Aside from the fact that Toni Storm is going to be working at PROGRESS the day after Takeover. They generally keep the storylines in NXT UK to just that brand, hence why when Imperium were on nXT we didn't see them being confronted by Pete Dunne or Tyler Bate, etc.

Also if Mia Yim gets taken out by Team Baszler to weaken Team Ripley, then Rhea won't have much of a choice since Wargames will be only 3 days away. Like I said, NXT does things for a reason, so the fact that they have Dakota still involved in the War Games angle and they're playing up the "Dakota Kai is a weak link" has to have a payoff, and I very much doubt it's a Heel turn.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Hopefully it's not a heel turn. They just did something similar with Io not too long ago. And after Sami, Bayley, Kairi, etch, I'd prefer that WWE not turn all of it's natural babyfaces heel just because, they cannot book babyfaces well. They need at least a few credible ones.
Sadly, It might

I doubt it. Aside from the fact that Toni Storm is going to be working at PROGRESS the day after Takeover. They generally keep the storylines in NXT UK to just that brand, hence why when Imperium were on nXT we didn't see them being confronted by Pete Dunne or Tyler Bate, etc.

Also if Mia Yim gets taken out by Team Baszler to weaken Team Ripley, then Rhea won't have much of a choice since Wargames will be only 3 days away. Like I said, NXT does things for a reason, so the fact that they have Dakota still involved in the War Games angle and they're playing up the "Dakota Kai is a weak link" has to have a payoff, and I very much doubt it's a Heel turn.
We shall see on Wednesday, But I'm going back to watch AEW

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
That was the biggest moment of Dakota's WWE career so far. Glad she's FINALLY getting to do something! Go girl :mark:

Dakota is a good heel, she was heel in my local indy for ages and she did amazingly.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Dakota did nothing wrong in here, she have right to be angry, Rhea underestimate her then her BFF, Tegan wasn't there or try to console her.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I'm conflicted on the Dakota thing. Her and Tegan played it really well. But WWE needs to hold off doing the "natural babyfaces lose a ton and then turn heel because they're losers.". Sami, Bayley, Kairi, and now Dakota, you need to have at least SOME credible babyfaces. Also you had the perfect "babyface overcoming the big bad heel" story with Dakota, and instead you do this? Plus the NXT women's division is VERY heel top-heavy as it is. This needs to be the last such turn for a while I think, start booking babyfaces to succeed as babyfaces.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I'm conflicted on the Dakota thing. Her and Tegan played it really well. But WWE needs to hold off doing the "natural babyfaces lose a ton and then turn heel because they're losers.". Sami, Bayley, Kairi, and now Dakota, you need to have at least SOME credible babyfaces. Also you had the perfect "babyface overcoming the big bad heel" story with Dakota, and instead you do this? Plus the NXT women's division is VERY heel top-heavy as it is. This needs to be the last such turn for a while I think, start booking babyfaces to succeed as babyfaces.
Yes they did, I wonder if Dakota going to be on Wednesday

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Dakota did nothing wrong in here, she have right to be angry, Rhea underestimate her then her BFF, Tegan wasn't there or try to console her.

That's kinda my thought as well. It's quite different from Ciampa and Io's Heel turn in that we actually see why she turned. With Ciampa it was his paranoia with Johnny Gargano and the fans that caused him to betray Gargano, with Io she blamed Candice for her loss even though Candice wasn't doing anything to hinder Io at all. With Dakota we saw how she was disparaged by Rhea and never got any sort of sympathy or support from her friends during this whole ordeal. They basically ditched her to "hang out with the cool kid" leaving her alone to deal with this on her own

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
That's kinda my thought as well. It's quite different from Ciampa and Io's Heel turn in that we actually see why she turned. With Ciampa it was his paranoia with Johnny Gargano and the fans that caused him to betray Gargano, with Io she blamed Candice for her loss even though Candice wasn't doing anything to hinder Io at all. With Dakota we saw how she was disparaged by Rhea and never got any sort of sympathy or support from her friends during this whole ordeal. They basically ditched her to "hang out with the cool kid" leaving her alone to deal with this on her own
Yeah, Tegan was like a sister to her, But when Dakota needed her most, She wasn't there to back her up

Tegan didn't even try to talk to Rhea about it, Just ignored it

221 - 240 of 280 Posts