Wrestling Forum banner
5221 - 5229 of 5229 Posts

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
I feel like at this point that if Becky was coming back for Summerslam, like I originally thought, she would have showed up either at MITB or Raw. The fact she didn't show up during WWE's biggest weekend in forever tells me that she's not coming back just yet.

·
Premium Member
26,043 Posts
I feel like at this point that if Becky was coming back for Summerslam, like I originally thought, she would have showed up either at MITB or Raw. The fact she didn't show up during WWE's biggest weekend in forever tells me that she's not coming back just yet.
Yeah we should probably start thinking about the Rumble for the timeframe of her return now.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Oh, they've got a five-week build to SummerSlam, and might just want to spread their surprise returns out. That said, if Becky doesn't appear next Monday, yeah, she's probably won't appear any earlier than after someone's SummerSlam match. I can't imagine they'll hold her return off until the Rumble, though.

Anyways, I was kind of thinking WWE might feel compelled to pair Becky up with someone for a brief women's tag-title run, so both networks can have her on their shows for a while, and she doesn't draw (potential) negative heat for being thrust right back into singles title contention immediately upon return.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Oh, they've got a five-week build to SummerSlam, and might just want to spread their surprise returns out. That said, if Becky doesn't appear next Monday, yeah, she's probably won't appear any earlier than after someone's SummerSlam match. I can't imagine they'll hold her return off until the Rumble, though.

Anyways, I was kind of thinking WWE might feel compelled to pair Becky up with someone for a brief women's tag-title run, so both networks can have her on their shows for a while, and she doesn't draw (potential) negative heat for being thrust right back into singles title contention immediately upon return.
I seriously doubt that Becky is showing up especially with the triple threat build. Wasting Becky/Charlotte as her 1st feud back is stupid.

Becky never had the crowd turn on her after a 300+ day reign while beating Asuka and Sasha. It makes sense to be put into the picture though.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
They might want two SummerSlam women's matches on the RAW side: Becky in a non-title match, and some combination of Nikki and/or Charlotte and/or Rhea in the title match. They're hyping this year's SS as being bigger than this year's WrestleMania, and they'll probably want all-hands-on-deck. But, like I said, we'll probably know by next week.

And no, the crowd didn't exactly turn on her, but they were definitely getting quieter for her matches as her reign progressed, with a ton of people referring to her reign as "stale" (which they always seem to do when any reign exceeds ~six months, regardless of relative quality). Anyways, she took a break at the right time, and will get a big return pop. But I suspect she'll work a non-title or tag program before jumping back into the singles title picture. She may be The Man, but probably doesn't want to come across as too entitled, being a babyface and all: complaining she "never lost" a title that she willingly relinquished would be rather heelish.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
They might want two SummerSlam women's matches on the RAW side: Becky in a non-title match, and some combination of Nikki and/or Charlotte and/or Rhea in the title match. They're hyping this year's SS as being bigger than this year's WrestleMania, and they'll probably want all-hands-on-deck. But, like I said, we'll probably know by next week.

And no, the crowd didn't exactly turn on her, but they were definitely getting quieter for her matches as her reign progressed, with a ton of people referring to her reign as "stale" (which they always seem to do when any reign exceeds ~six months, regardless of relative quality). Anyways, she took a break at the right time, and will get a big return pop. But I suspect she'll work a non-title or tag program before jumping back into the singles title picture. She may be The Man, but probably doesn't want to come across as too entitled, being a babyface and all: complaining she "never lost" a title that she willingly relinquished would be rather heelish.
That's just a way to hype up Summerslam which they usually hype it up like it's on the level of Wrestlemania. I seriously doubt that Becky is going to be there.

Sounds like the tactics of the minority trying to shout over the majority by exaggerating their own opinions and projecting them on to the majority. Wrestling is nothing without crowds.I don't blame her for taking a break.

Coming for a title she never lost isn't really heel-ish.Even if she does get booed (she likely won't) it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
No Becky on SD which makes me believe she's going to RAW(until the draft). IDK, if she's coming back soon I think it should've been at MITB or the end of RAW where the crowd are red hot. I don't trust WWE to keep these crowds hot and I just fear WWE will have Becky return to a mediocre bored crowd(like Rolling Loud). I'm guessing Becky returning at the Chicago Raw or Summerslam but If she doesn't return there I'd just wait to the Royal Rumble. I want Becky to return to a Attitude Era level pop but WWE need to book it right. Becky returning to face a heel Charlotte is probably the best bet since Charlotte is naturally hated and the only heel outside of Eva that gets heat that could elevate Becky's pop. Like if Charlotte destroys/injures a Nikki ASH and cheats to win back her title(like attacking her before the match) I could see a good crowd pop huge for Becky saving Nikki and beating up Charlotte. I don't want Becky on RAW but SD has no one heel for Becky to feud with that sounds interesting. WWE did a shit job creating heels for Becky to face when she came back. It's just Charlotte, Nia and Eva like it's 2016. Now Rhea is apparently turning face fully. Bayley would've been perfect for Becky's return it sucks she's out. They really should've did something with Becky and Bayley at WM I don't care if it was a 1 off. I hope this is Becky's decision not to return yet and not WWE deciding when she returns because if Becky is ready pull the trigger already until it's to late(bored crowds).

·
Registered
723 Posts

That could work but the only available person I'd be interested in her teaming with is Sasha. Could be a fun story to tell though. I really wanted a fued with Bayley (obviously can't happen now).

Sent from my 5029Y_EEA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I don't care about her tagging with anyone on the main roster. Teaming her with Charlotte, Sasha or Bayley is the worst options because of WWE turning the 4 horsewomen into a marketing ploy for the women's division.

Becky doesn't need Charlotte to enhance her pop. That's stupid reasoning. It's going to be loud either way. She was getting cheered over 300+ days into her reign, but there are dumbasses who try to project their feelings on to the masses with the stale bullshit.

I don't think that Becky is returning by or at Summerslam because there is no big or fresh story.

5221 - 5229 of 5229 Posts