Wrestling Forum banner
5201 - 5220 of 5229 Posts

·
Standing with The Man
6,600 Posts
Don't bring her back for the 3rd biggest ppv then and wait. It's the worst way of bringing her back.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they keep Charlotte/Rhea going.
Different circumstances though, fans are back in arenas and they're rumoured to be hitting a refresh switch after Summerlam and everything we're hearing about this Summerslam is big plans and big marquee matches for "the fans" returning and this would be the biggest match they could do shy of Ronda v Becky which won't happen for obvious reasons. I'm expecting this years Summerslam to booked like a Wrestlemania

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Different circumstances though, fans are back in arenas and they're rumoured to be hitting a refresh switch after Summerlam and everything we're hearing about this Summerslam is big plans and big marquee matches for "the fans" returning and this would be the biggest match they could do shy of Ronda v Becky which won't happen for obvious reasons. I'm expecting this years Summerslam to booked like a Wrestlemania
Casual fans always prefer the Royal Rumble. That's how it will always be. Becky/Charlotte isn't this marquee match yet because of how overdone it is. Timing wise, it would be a flat way of bringing Becky back.

You book yourself into a corner immediately. Becky ain't the underdog anymore and she is better that way. You make a scenario that doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Becky returning for Summer Slam with the fans back and in a match against Charlotte is great I think. Not having her return until the fans were back was the right move and now they have a ready made feud/match with Charlotte as the champion. It is a very easy feud to book and Becky/Charlotte have amazing chemistry both in and outside the ring and will no doubt deliver. As @tommo010 noted it is very much the biggest match they can make for Becky right now. I hope we get it specially with how Charlotte is in the best shape she has ever been and she is firing on all cylinders with her ring work.

If she doesn't returns for Summer Slam tho I hope they save it for the next big PPV (Rumble).

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Bringing back Becky to feud with Charlotte sounds disappointing. They need a long break from that feud. The matches will be good, but it's too much.

Raw being this sinking ship is exaggerated, but they don't have enough hot acts for a 3 hour show.

I don't buy the trying to make Becky cool crap. That reads like meltzer's bullshit.It's more WWE trying to seem cool by piggybacking off of Becky.

On her reign, The Lacey feud went too long sure hurt her. She got her edge back in the Natalya feud when that over delivered. The sasha feud was a hit. It would have been better if Becky had a filler feud with Kairi at TLC for the Raw title and then start to build Asuka vs Becky on the Raw after. Asuka Becky was great as well. Their matches were always great.The issue with

Real life and a little bit of social media was what hurt her more than anything.That's where the Seth on screen pairing and the desire to team her and Charlotte up again came from.

I'm talking about shit like Becky driving herself to a medical facility in a Ambulance after Shayna bit her or Becky punching a male security guard or Becky driving a random Big Rig to WM. The Lacey feud(and teaming with Seth) killed Becky's WM momentum and the Natalya feud was just weird because they leaned into heelish Becky way too much. The Sasha feud felt rushed and turned into a 4HW feud really. After the Sasha feud WWE just gave up and had Becky miss too many shows and she went 3-4 months without defending and put Becky in a tag title feud together with Charlotte. Finally they got to the Asuka feud after months of stalling but then went with Shayna as Becky's WM opponent where predictably Shayna couldn't get over and they had the shortest women's WM match on both nights.

You know what hasn't helped Becky? Her peers craping on her like that stupid Edge Twitter feud where Edge tweeted about Becky not being a draw and bombing at WM. Like what the fuck was the point of that? Becky was the top babyface but was getting buried by a legend and it was for non kayfabe things and the feud went nowhere. It was so dumb you had Ric Flair getting worked thinking Becky really was attacking Edge like WTF? Another one is Nia Jax also bringing up ratings in a tweet and viciously attacking Becky to feed the trolls. Also Mark Henry being on drugs saying Charlotte was more popular than Becky was a month after Becky won the WM main event.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm talking about shit like Becky driving herself to a medical facility in a Ambulance after Shayna bit her or Becky punching a male security guard or Becky driving a random Big Rig to WM. The Lacey feud(and teaming with Seth) killed Becky's WM momentum and the Natalya feud was just weird because they leaned into heelish Becky way too much. The Sasha feud felt rushed and turned into a 4HW feud really. After the Sasha feud WWE just gave up and had Becky miss too many shows and she went 3-4 months without defending and put Becky in a tag title feud together with Charlotte. Finally they got to the Asuka feud after months of stalling but then went with Shayna as Becky's WM opponent where predictably Shayna couldn't get over and they had the shortest women's WM match on both nights.

You know what hasn't helped Becky? Her peers craping on her like that stupid Edge Twitter feud where Edge tweeted about Becky not being a draw and bombing at WM. Like what the fuck was the point of that? Becky was the top babyface but was getting buried by a legend and it was for non kayfabe things and the feud went nowhere. It was so dumb you had Ric Flair getting worked thinking Becky really was attacking Edge like WTF? Another one is Nia Jax also bringing up ratings in a tweet and viciously attacking Becky to feed the trolls. Also Mark Henry being on drugs saying Charlotte was more popular than Becky was a month after Becky won the WM main event.
Overselling a bite is ridiculous especially in show context where no one sells properly. Punching a male security guard was unnecessary when giving them the slip is more effective. I don't look at the big rig as anything. It reeks of our original story was scrapped so fuck it just use the truck. The reason the lacey feud was disappointing was because it went too long and it followed rousey. Anybody would have been a step down, even Charlotte and Sasha. They just started weak and built up.

The Natalya feud helped her because they went a heelish direction because Austin/Bret dynamic in story and to get the relationship stink off her. It refreshed her character. The heelish side has always been more favoured than the pure face side.

Becky being a 4hw is the worst thing to happen to her because they always try to force this manufactured horsewoman bullshit into feuds instead of just letting her do her thing. When it was just Becky vs Sasha it was great.

They always take time off for Survivor Series. Most don't give a shit about it and most refuse to root for Raw. It was stupid booking all around especially to try to make NXT look strong. Of course it was going to be a flat match because it's the only face on what many see as the heel brand vs 2 heels on babyface brands.

As mentioned before, fuck the charlynch shippers for the TLC tag title match disaster and for robbing us of Becky vs Kairi as a title match.

Becky/Asuka was great. No one looked bad in that feud.

I was annoyed with the social media stuff, especially with Edge. Ratings talk is bullshit. Everyone always blames the top. It's easy to do.
Nia trolling is redundant. Mark Henry is the ultimate yes man. I don't take him seriously. Ric has always seen Becky as "Charlotte's Friend".

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
15,164 Posts
Jeez, I can't believe the both of you are overanalyzing Becky Lynch's booking with redundant/long essays. It's NOT that deep. Seriously, just get to the point already.

Edit:

Dude, NOBODY wants to read your lengthy essays, @ThEmB0neZ . KNOCK it off, and just keep it short. Good lord; this is just a FAN THREAD. It shouldn't be this deep.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Jeez, I can't believe the both of you are overanalyzing Becky Lynch's booking with redundant/long essays. It's NOT that deep. Seriously, just get to the point already.
There's more to Becky than her fans realise especially in the ring. I pointed out some of his nitpicks of her booking were what everyone goes through or were actually helpful.

·
Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Also she put Forever in Charlotte's Head as her location. Charlotte vs Rhea are apparently main eventing so Becky returning seems like a possibility especially with Becky saying she's not there to throw us off.
Yes it is clear that Becky/Charlotte is the new feud for SummerSlam. Now it is all a matter of Becky returning. This rematch is odd and it is probably only done to have her return.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Charlotte attacking rheas "injured" knee at end of segment probably means we are not getting a proper match, I guess we will know when match starts and how long left in show. Charlotte will forever attack knee until becky comes out is my guess

·
Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Well no Bex tonight but now we have a comedy character as the champion so what exactly is the plan for SummerSlam? Charlotte vs Nikki? Not sold on that.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Charlotte wins title back next week and becky returns, I believe Charlotte vs becky is still the plan for summerslam cos nikki still being champion at summerslam will suck so bad

·
Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Charlotte wins title back next week and becky returns, I believe Charlotte vs becky is still the plan for summerslam cos nikki still being champion at summerslam will suck so bad
It is possible that they did this just to get the MITB thing out of the way so as to not have it meddling with the Becky/Charlotte feud and subsequent Becky title run. I too can see Charlotte winning it back before Summer Slam.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
So Charlotte wins title back and loses it to becky at summerslam so a short title reign (which is bad enough) now becomes 2 short title reigns.

5201 - 5220 of 5229 Posts