Wrestling Forum banner

4641 - 4660 of 4936 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
12,090 Posts
What Hype? Most of the takes going in were "this match is going to suck" The finish was reminiscent of Bret/Piper of Wrestlemania 8. It was clearly designed to keep it going.
Yeah waste all of Shayna's build demolishing 5 women at EC only to lose to Becky the way she did at WM, I swear people overlook the point in hyping matches like this.

You may as well just have Becky tapping her out instead with Shayna now playing a second guessing fool going back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
One the one, good that Becky won. One the other hand, I agree with those who say that they have Shayna lose this way way too much. Ember, Kairi, Becky, etc. Also they seriously had Becky beat Ronda's buddy via roll up at Mania? Did they learn nothing from last year?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Yeah waste all of Shayna's build demolishing 5 women at EC only to lose to Becky the way she did at WM, I swear people overlook the point in hyping matches like this.

You may as well just have Becky tapping her out instead with Shayna now playing a second guessing fool going back to the drawing board.
She would have no opponent's then. The finish was clearly designed to continue the story.

Relying only on NXT destroyer hype and expecting Shayna to get super over on the main roster in a short time is stupid. It's a big mistake that they made with Asuka. The audiences are significantly different.

People are also missing the bigger story with Becky with her chasing history.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,090 Posts
She would have no opponent's then. The finish was clearly designed to continue the story.

Relying only on NXT destroyer hype and expecting Shayna to get super over on the main roster in a short time is stupid. It's a big mistake that they made with Asuka. The audiences are significantly different.

People are also missing the bigger story with Becky with her chasing history.
What killed Asuka was Charlotte shenanigans not failure to capitalize on momentum

Shayna can't realistically be the chaser after building her as a legitimate threat in a manner that presents her as already good enough to take the belt from Becky when she sees fit, EC dominance and Becky's own admission of Shayna being the one who should win(Calling her a killer and claiming she shouldn't defeat these types although she somehow does) is enough for me to say there's no logic in a Chase story this way.

As for opponents Shayna has Charlotte or Ripley however way to want the result.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
What killed Asuka was Charlotte shenanigans not failure to capitalize on momentum

Shayna can't realistically be the chaser after building her as a legitimate threat in a manner that presents her as already good enough to take the belt from Becky when she sees fit, EC dominance and Becky's own admission of Shayna being the one who should win(Calling her a killer and claiming she shouldn't defeat these types although she somehow does) is enough for me to say there's no logic in a Chase story this way.

As for opponents Shayna has Charlotte or Ripley however way to want the result.
Asuka should have won, but her character work is stronger now compared to back then. Undefeated streaks are flat if they don't start at the top level. It comes off bad for NXT because it's painted as you beat a bunch of nobodies.

It's the same as saying Samoa Joe can't chase because of his character. In both Shayna and Joe's cases, it's wrong. You also leave out the Shayna underestimating Becky story. The worst part of Becky's character is the underdog aspects because it requires her to undersell her own skill.

Becky could also face Ruby, Liv, Ripley or Bianca. Key Note: Shayna still has her NXT nameplate in the build. The implication being that this call up could have been temporary and only went to Raw out of revenge.

I don't think it's certain that Rhea is winning.

·
This is my show now
1,356 Posts
Right winner, wrong finish. Just like last year. If her pay is really that high then most of that must be coming from merch sales. Which is a good indicator that she'll be on top for a long time to come.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,189 Posts
Right winner, wrong finish. Just like last year. If her pay is really that high then most of that must be coming from merch sales. Which is a good indicator that she'll be on top for a long time to come.
To bad, you are right.
Yesterday I thought for a short time, that we get rid of Shayna. But this finish suggests, that Shayna could be used again. :(
Overall I did not get some reactions, not just here, like "they build up Shayna to make her lose against Becky". That is not the complete truth. They tried to build up Shayna, but it just didn`t work. It already didn`t work at her 2nd NXT reign and it didn`t work at Survivor Series. Giving Shayna the title right now, would have been a stupid idea, sorry to say that, because she got no real heat. It really had damaged the product. So if they need her just as tool to bring Ronda or something else, she doesn`t need to win at mania.
If you look at all of Becky`s feud the last 2 years, there was like no opponent people cared less about. Maybe Natalya, but I am not even sure about that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'll be honest and say that I'm surprised she retained. Not shocked but definitely surprised. Seems like it was a good if quite short match. The finish does allow the fued to continue and, with a distinct lack of opponents for Becky available right now, I'm ok with that.

Long live the Man and her glorious reign lol.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,700 Posts
All I need now from this reign is the main event of mania next year against Ronda, winning, and then a heel turn main eventing Summerslam against Ripley and putting her over as the next babyface 🤩
That would be awesome. I do want to see Becky turn heel honestly within the next year just because I have a huge interest in seeing Seth/Becky vs Edge/Beth.

There's some history between Edge/Becky/Seth on the shows and they had a fun little twitter exchange last year.

·
\m/
24,142 Posts
All I need now from this reign is the main event of mania next year against Ronda, winning, and then a heel turn main eventing Summerslam against Ripley and putting her over as the next babyface 🤩
That would be great, Becky's reign still has legs to go all the way to Mania next year.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Becky's going to be on Sportscaster today. On Monday I don't know where Becky's going because I don't know if WWE are going to take a break after the post WM shows or are they still going to do this empty arena shows and tape them. IMO they should take a couple of months off and see if this virus dies down. Come back when crowds are back.

Also I read someone cool about Becky. Becky is the only person to wrestle a WM match on a Sunday a Saturday and a Monday since Becky's WM match last year ended on a Monday.

·
Premium Member
10,700 Posts
I thought the match was going really well and it was very physical. Some of the stuff looked great like Becky's rock bottom on the apron, Shayna swinging Becky to the announce table, Shayna choking Becky using the ropes, and most of the offence was high-impact. Shame it ended so abruptly.

Also I read someone cool about Becky. Becky is the only person to wrestle a WM match on a Sunday a Saturday and a Monday since Becky's WM match last year ended on a Monday.
Ok, now you know they will have to do another 2-day WM and have Charlotte wrestle on Saturday to get that accolade as well.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

Becky's going to be on Sportscaster today. On Monday I don't know where Becky's going because I don't know if WWE are going to take a break after the post WM shows or are they still going to do this empty arena shows and tape them. IMO they should take a couple of months off and see if this virus dies down. Come back when crowds are back.

Damn I think I missed it

4641 - 4660 of 4936 Posts