Wrestling Forum banner

4621 - 4640 of 4936 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
12,090 Posts
💯 she deserves it. Becky lynch is gold. I have never seen a dominate champion with a long reign not get booed over a 2 year period since hogan. Austin and rock constantly lost the title.
I think it's her dedication as well success that should determine her pay, She's consistently trying to make her programs and others look good with no sign of actually phoning it in.

Doesn't that deserve more?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wasn't she negotiating a new deal around Survivor Series 2018 time? At almost the height of her popularity. It wouldn't surprise me if Vince saw Becky finish the invasion angle like a f** boss and doubled his original offer.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Saw this on reddit from a interview Becky did in 2015

"When I walk down to the Performance Center, there's a hallway, and there's a display of all the pay-per-view posters. It's all the headliners, all the moneymakers, and they're all men. All of them. Every single one of them. I walk down and every single time I just kind of shake my head a little bit.

Because I know in five years, definitely in ten years, but no, five years, even three years, I know I'm going to be walking down and I'm going to see female wrestlers like Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks and Bayley, and maybe myself, there on those posters. That's what it's going to be, because that is the future."

Boy was she right and it's funny seeing the comments on cagesideseats in 2015 say Becky was on drugs for thinking women could/would main event 🤣. Amazing how far women's wrestling has evolved in just 5 years.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Glad Becky won even though of course she wins by roll up at WM a 2nd straight year. I swear it's a rib at this point. It's so odd that WWE don't give Becky a non submission finisher. I been saying they should give Becky, Paige's RamPaige finisher to Becky. Becky could use it to honor Paige. I don't know why they keep having her win by roll up like she's still some underdog. Anyway glad Becky gets her first 1 on 1 WM win that should've happened last year. It's so cool that Becky won a title at WM and held it to the next WM and won again. I guess Becky vs Shayna continues or Nia is next. Maybe Ronda comes back and we get Becky vs Ronda at Summerlsam. Wonder if shows are going to continue after the post WM show or is WWE taking a break. I kinda hope they take a break until crowds are allowed back. These empty arena matches/shows got old real quick. Also fuck the haters. Becky is a top star and they will never change that. FACT

·
Registered
23,918 Posts
Not surprised Becky won. In uncertain times in the world and not knowing when they're going to do shows again or when they're going to have fans in the arenas again, they're going to stick with their more established star for the time being.

I will say that having this match in front of no fans made every strike feel more brutal because you could hear how loud the strikes were and it makes you appreciate someone like Shayna more to how good her offense can be. And I liked the fast paced match they had.

·
\m/
24,142 Posts
I will say that having this match in front of no fans made every strike feel more brutal because you could hear how loud the strikes were and it makes you appreciate someone like Shayna more to how good her offense can be. And I liked the fast paced match they had.
Indeed, I think the lack of a live audience enhanced some aspects of the matches like what you mentioned. This was also quite evident in the Rollins/Owens match. You could better feel every hit and struggle that the wrestlers were doing.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I actually hope this feud continues. Becky and Shayna work well together and really, I don't think there's anyone one the Raw Women's roster left for the two to feud with. Asuka and Kairi are probably staying together since too many women's teams have blown up or are going to soon for Bliss Cross to face (Like, besides the Kabuki Warriors and the IIconics, who is there? Divas of Doom, maybe.) Have the two go at it until you build up another challenger (Is Ember still on Raw? Who's even on Raw?), then have Becky drop the belt.

·
\m/
24,142 Posts
I actually hope this feud continues. Becky and Shayna work well together and really, I don't think there's anyone one the Raw Women's roster left for the two to feud with. Asuka and Kairi are probably staying together since too many women's teams have blown up or are going to soon for Bliss Cross to face (Like, besides the Kabuki Warriors and the IIconics, who is there? Divas of Doom, maybe.) Have the two go at it until you build up another challenger (Is Ember still on Raw? Who's even on Raw?), then have Becky drop the belt.
Nia is rumored to be returning soon and she likely goes to RAW. So there is that for a potential challenger for Becky. I definitely see Ronda being back by SummerSlam. But yeah they probably continue the feud with Shayna.

4621 - 4640 of 4936 Posts