Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4938 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
My feelings are all over the place right now so if I ramble a bit, please forgive me.

First things first; Congratulations to Becky Lynch becoming the Champ Champ!

I am so happy for Becky, She deserves this for all she had to go through to get here. This is just the beginning. I know she is going to do great things to elevate those titles and raise everyone to her level. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I know most of you thought the ending may have been a botch or underwhelming and I haven't read any of the latest news, but I think I may be able to provide a reason. The weather forcast in the NY/NJ area had it raining at the start of Midnight. I do not know when the PPV officially ended as I started a 30 minutes into the PPV and paused it another 30 minutes to cook dinner.

Did Wrestlemania end before Midnight in the NY/NJ area?

Nah, like 12.30. Show was 7 and a half fucking hours.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Becky will be fine. Apparently they were debating on whether to have Becky either pin or make Ronda tap out.

In the end, the crowd was happy, Becky won...I am happy. Though, it does set up a Becky vs Ronda singles match down the line.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I’m not buying the wrong ending botch argument... I rewatched the match again earlier and everything is timed perfectly and it worked. From getting Charlotte out of the ring, to Becky’s music playing and her reaction... should Ronda’s shoulders have been down from the start before the count, yes... that is the only “botch” I believe.

The shoulder thing was mentioned by the commentary team as well... I’m guessing this plays into the storyline, time will tell tonight.

·
Standing with The Man
6,080 Posts
I've rewatched it a few times now and the only issue I see is the ref starts the 3 count early, Becky hasn't fully rolled Ronda up when he starts which is why are shoulders are up at the 1 count either due to Ronda being in a poor position or the early count start by the ref, everything else seemed to indicate this was the finish, the music hit right away, the commentary sold the fact she got the pin, Becky reacted as if she was meant to win at this point. I do think it was a last minute change to the finish maybe as a reaction to Ronda's injury? I don't know. I think the biggest problem people have is it isn't the finish they wanted and it was poorly executed by the ref.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I've rewatched it a few times now and the only issue I see is the ref starts the 3 count early, Becky hasn't fully rolled Ronda up when he starts which is why are shoulders are up at the 1 count either due to Ronda being in a poor position or the early count start by the ref, everything else seemed to indicate this was the finish, the music hit right away, the commentary sold the fact she got the pin, Becky reacted as if she was meant to win at this point. I do think it was a last minute change to the finish maybe as a reaction to Ronda's injury? I don't know. I think the biggest problem people have is it isn't the finish they wanted and it was poorly executed by the ref.
You're 100% right. Her shoulders were up at 1 and down at 2 and 3. To be honest, they fucked up by acknowledging it. I'm sure some eagle eyed people would've noticed, but I don't think most would. I certainly didn't. Drawing attention to it was stupid.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
The report that I heard was that it was the planned finish, but that Ronda was supposed to have both shoulders down obviously. The ref just counted the pin even though they weren't.

Commentary highlighting it probably didn't help. Best case scenario now is that they can maybe spin it into a rematch one on one at some point (depending on what Ronda's plans are going forward).

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,191 Posts
I saw several appearances with Becky in shows last week and she always looks great and speaks believable.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
If they didn't want Ronda to tap, then I would have had Becky use some kind of new "impact finisher," which I believe that she should have anyway moving forward, and pin Ronda with that.

21 - 40 of 4938 Posts