Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are great on the mic and in the ring. Both have a great look, and can easily get over as face or heel. Both have a lot of accomplishments. And can work anywhere on the card and still be relevant.

So who do you think is the better performer?

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Jericho. I like Punk and all but despite everybody creaming themselves over his ring work, he hasn't really had a match that made me stop and go WOW. Jericho on the other hand has had quite an awesome 2 year stretch with great feuds and matches.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
We have this thread every 2 weeks, and the answer never changes. Chris Jericho is the best performer in the WWE (if he's still actually in), CM Punk is the second best. Jericho is better than Punk in every last, single area of being a professional wrestler, not one category excluded. Punk is the only person on the roster who could potentially surpass Jericho, but he's not going to do it anytime soon, if ever.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Jericho for me. The man is very good on the mic and could a pull a good match out of his ass if needed to.

Punk is good too though.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Jericho. I like Punk and all but despite everybody creaming themselves over his ring work, he hasn't really had a match that made me stop and go WOW. Jericho on the other hand has had quite an awesome 2 year stretch with great feuds and matches.
This.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Jericho

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jericho but I honestly consider him a top all time talent. Punk is good no doubt though. Let's compare them later in Punks career.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It is unfair to compare their careers so far. Jericho is a veteran and a legend and Punk is still quite new in the scene. Let's compare them once both their careers are done. I think Punk will be as good if not better than Jericho in all departments once his career is done.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Jericho. He was much better in his prime than Punk is now and even to this date has more quality matches then him. He's also way more charismatic and better on the mic. And I don't even like heel Jericho that much, especially compared to the Y2J character which was just one of the best personalities all around back then. But I guess as some people said, Punk still has around 10 years left so in the tank so who knows, maybe he will get to Jericho level one day, but honestly I don't see it coming.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
As good as Punk is, Jericho is better, and has been for multiple years.
It'll be interesting to see how Punk evolves as a character in years to come, as that will determine if he ever does catch / surpass Jericho as a better performer. My money is on Jericho though.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Until Punk cut a Promo that we can remember for like ten years like Chris did in the 90's ( the man with 1004 holds) Punk will come up short to Chris every time.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Wow this is the IWC equivalent of asking a parent to choose which child they love more.

I choose Jericho, better in the ring, better on the mic more charisma and he has a better body of work because he's been around longer.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Jericho, he has more memorable matches. But i have a thing for fresh young talents these days so i'm liking CM Punk more at the moment.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Now : Jericho
Future : Jericho
Future + 2 year : Punk :D

I do not know how to develop forward career of Punk.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Definitely Jericho, but if they never made Punk change his wrestling style it would be a lot closer.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I love both guys but Jericho wins this quite easily, Punk is 8 years behind him and certainly has the potential to have a great few years & get very close to Jericho but certainly not at the moment.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts