Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question. Who is the best all around wrestling talent in the world today in your opinion? Thought about taking nominations and doing an official poll but this should be easier. Pick one.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,044 Posts
The best complete package in the world

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Omega
Okada
Tanahashi
Naito

In WWE probably Bryan and Adam Cole are the best overall packages

Reactions: MarkyWhipwreck

·
Registered
24,564 Posts
Bryan to me is #1, can play any role and have an amazing match and can match with any opponent. There is no one better they could have matched up with Kofi to make that match magical.

If I had to pick a Top 5 right now:

1. Bryan
2. Ospreay
3. Omega
4. Okada
5. Gargano

·
17,649 Posts
Bryan to me is #1, can play any role and have an amazing match and can match with any opponent. There is no one better they could have matched up with Kofi to make that match magical.

1. Bryan
2. Ospreay
3. Omega
4. Okada
5. Gargano

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Daniel Bryan. Man is on a different level when it comes to in ring storytelling and technical prowess.

AJ Styles can come close to Bryan

I am beginning to appreciate Kenny Omega too. He is not a mindless spot monkey like plenty of talents today.

Cody Rhodes has great punches and smooth execution.

Like it or not Brock is shackled too. Perhaps he is not complaining doing minimal stuff but if he steps up, a lot of whiners would shut up. His matches with Punk, AJ, and Bryan were all high level stuff.

·
17,649 Posts
He's killing it in the BOSJ right now with a variety of different opponents.

I can't deny how great he is.
He is a great in ring performer, probably the best in the world right now, but I don't think he is very charismatic or good on the mic to put them with the other people you have mentioned. Hell, I wouldn't put Gargano, he is also very hit and miss on the mic.

·
Registered
24,564 Posts
He is a great in ring performer, probably the best in the world right now, but I don't think he is very charismatic or good on the mic to put them with the other people you have mentioned. Hell, I wouldn't put Gargano, he is also very hit and miss on the mic.
Well, we're asking about who's the best wrestler in the world right now.

And if I need a guy to just give me a great match and just take me on a ride in the ring, Ospreay is for sure in my top 5. Same with Gargano. Yeah he may not be the best on the mic and all that, but to me it's all about the emotional performance in the ring.

It's more than just "well Ospreay's really talented in the ring", he gets me invested when he's in the ring in a multitude of ways. That's why he's on my Top 5 right now.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,416 Posts
1. HIROSHI TANAHASHI

2. Kenny Omega

3. Velveteen Dream

Fun fact: Kota Ibushi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi was my MOTY for both 2017 and 2018 (Power Struggle and the G1 Final respectively) in the 1st match Ibushi was the protagonist and in the 2nd it was Tana

·
Registered
689 Posts

1. Bryan
2. Ospreay
3. Omega
4. Okada
5. Gargano
This is pretty close to how I'd score it, would probably put Naito or Ibushi instead of Gargano. Completely agree about Bryan being the only guy who could've pulled that Kofi feud off.

If it was only about in-ring I'd give it to Ospreay, but Bryan right now is a complete performer

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.