6.WrestleMania 35
7.WrestleMania 34
8.WrestleMania 32
9.WrestleMania 29
10.WrestleMania 27

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

Bryan's show was one of the most special things in wrestling history. The shock of Lesnar ending the streak was a bonus.

Bryan was so good that he made Cena burying Wyatt and 'taker losing his streak an afterthought on the same show. That crowd was DEAD after Lesnar won. Bryan, Orton and Batista hardly got a reaction on their entrances, but, once the match got into the meat of it, Bryan had EVERYONE on the edge of their seats and in the palm of his hands.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Vain Bliss
5,032 Posts
1. 30
2. 31
3. 28

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,165 Posts
It's Wrestlemania 28 for me. It had everything I want in a Wrestlemania. Great wrestling match (Punk/Jericho), legendary storytelling (HHH/Undertaker) and a dream match in the main event (Rock/Cena).

I am not going to argue with you massively if you pick WM30. The Bryan story was excellent and The Streak ending and Rock/Austin/Hogan in the same ring were magical moments. However I never have, and at this point never will, see the appeal of WM31. The main event was great and it has one of the GOAT endings, but everything else on that show is average at best.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,438 Posts
Wrestlemania 30 was an incredible event that felt like it was FOR the fans.

You had Rock, Austin and Hogan all open the show to start it all off and make it feel like the biggest wrestling event in history already. You had Bryan go over HHH clean as well as end the event as the world champion sending the fans home ridiculously happy.

In fact, the only heel that won that night was Brock Lesnar, I believe - and even in that instance it was a shock that's still talked about today.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,133 Posts
Oh, this is a fun idea, OP! :)

Best Wrestlemanias of the 2010s:

1. Wrestlemania 30

2. Wrestlemania 35 (honestly enjoyed this one more than most :p )
3. Wrestlemania 31
4. Wrestlemania 28
5. Wrestlemania 26

6. Wrestlemania 33 (attended live)
7. Wrestlemania 34
8. Wrestlemania 29

9. Wrestlemania 27

10. Wrestlemania 32

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
It's Wrestlemania 28 for me. It had everything I want in a Wrestlemania. Great wrestling match (Punk/Jericho), legendary storytelling (HHH/Undertaker) and a dream match in the main event (Rock/Cena).

I am not going to argue with you massively if you pick WM30. The Bryan story was excellent and The Streak ending and Rock/Austin/Hogan in the same ring were magical moments. However I never have, and at this point never will, see the appeal of WM31. The main event was great and it has one of the GOAT endings, but everything else on that show is average at best.
Wrestlemania 30 was an incredible event that felt like it was FOR the fans.

You had Rock, Austin and Hogan all open the show to start it all off and make it feel like the biggest wrestling event in history already. You had Bryan go over HHH clean as well as end the event as the world champion sending the fans home ridiculously happy.

In fact, the only heel that won that night was Brock Lesnar, I believe - and even in that instance it was a shock that's still talked about today.
Man, how did I forget to mention Hogan, Austin, Rock opening 30? An incredible moment. That and then going straight into HHH vs Bryan was a thrill. Opening with the top three of all time and closing with Bryan Yes'ing with the belts was, to me, perfect.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I’m going with 31. Sting in his only Mania was pretty epic even though he lost. The IC ladder match was really good. Orton vs Rollins was very entertaining. And Brock vs Roman was very good and Seth Rollins cashing in to win the title was an amazing ending and the first time anyone ever cashed in at Mania which made it even more amazing. So that’s my pick.

·
rasslin
9,048 Posts
WrestleMania 30 was great.
Opening with 3 of the best EVER.

HHH and Bryan, The epic main event triple 3 were both two of the best mania matches of the decade.

Bryan finally got his moment.

The most shocking wrestling moment in history happened when Lesnar broke the streak.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,356 Posts
Come on. If you think 30 or 31 were bad then you must have hated most Wrestlemanias as both those would be easily top 5/7 Manias all time
Actually I change my mind, 33 was my favourite. Hardy Boyz came back, Shane McMahon doing the shooting star, Goldberg vs Lesnar and Reigns vs Taker.

30 and 31 had good stuff but I didn't personally enjoy them.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
30 and 35 for me are the two I really enjoyed.

1. WM 35 - It felt like they said "fuck it have it your way" with the outcomes of so many matches. Seth, Kofi and Becky taking the titles in particular. Top to bottom this felt good.

2. WM 30 - Great pay off to the Bryan story. Having Undertaker lose shocked the life out of me. In hindsight would have been better if that was saved for Roman as opposed to a part timer.

The next six are six I enjoyed and there isn't much separating them.

3. WM 31 - I had very little expectation going in to this and Sting losing did nothing to lift spirits but the ending with Seth cashing in was great.

4. WM 33 - Hardy Boyz return was great, midcard was strong, think it would have held more weight if Undertaker actually retired.

5. WM 29 - All of the big matches had the correct outcomes and the card felt special with the marquee matches that had been set up.

6. WM 26 - The HBK retirement match pulled this up. Was good seeing Cena / Batista before the latter left too.

7. WM 28 - Kind of got the feeling before and during the PPV that the creative team didn't really know what the people wanted. Would have been ranked higher if HHH and Undertaker actually retired after but the performers gave it everything.

8. WM 27 - I liked the card at the time but don't think the matches really delivered. I was a Miz fan but even I was surprised to see Jim retain.

The last two I definitely didn't enjoy.

9. WM 32 - Card felt weak. Booking hadn't been great. Felt like a regular PPV as opposed to WrestleMania.

10. WM 34 - I felt pretty dejected seeing Brock retain and both Royal Rumble winners lose. Made me think the last year was effectively for nothing.

So overall it was

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,665 Posts
My memory is pretty hazy as I've not watched any of these since they happened, but... (good luck to anyone that reads all this) ranked from least to beast.

- Absolute garbage from top to bottom. Wasn't this also the first really ridiculously long one? Even the nice moment of Ryder winning is a moment they totally ruined for posterity just 24 hours later. The womens match was pretty good, but... I mean this show was SO hyped. HOW would they pack that building? They had no special answer. Shane falling off that cell was pathetic. If your daddy didn't already love you by this point, he wasn't going to start. It wasn't worth it, son.

33 - Gets ranked over the previous years effort for the Hardys return, which was a genuinely great moment, and Brock and Goldberg, which was hilarious. Also, for AJ having maybe the match of the night with Shane fucking McMahon. What a wizard. It was another riddled with disappointments, though. The mixed tag match was well built up, yet I remember nothing about the match. Owens and Jericho should have been the fucking main event given the strength of its build up, but again... I remember nothing about it. Triple H and Seth was a well-mapped-out match that was just the total wrong match at the wrong time coming that deep into that show. The less said about the main event, the better.

29 - Um... Punk and Taker was good, but still probably for me the least of Taker's incredible run from 07-13, other than that... Fandango beating Jericho was funny. Triple H beating Brock his first Mania back was just classic Triple H horseshit. Nobody cared that he broke your arm, guy. Probably everyone wanted him to do it again.

35 - Pre-show was probably the highlight of the whole thing:ROFLMAO: Ryder and Hawkins winning the tag titles was good, and Braun eliminating Jost was good payoff. Kofi and Bryan was fantastic, and deserved far more prominent placement, and I do love that Becky won, even if everything about it was bad. Beyond that? For such a much desired dream match I think Orton and AJ was completely forgettable, Seth and Brock we had to wait till Summerslam for the real version, Shane beating Miz was a joke, Corbin beating Angle was a joke, watching Batista trying to go after like 10 minutes was a joke.

26 - I think Punk and Rey I really liked, and Edge and Jericho I think also pretty good? Otherwise for me this show was just defined by disappointment. Bret and Vince was terrible given it had over a decade of history behind it, Cena and Batista was pitifully underwhelming given that should have been an era definer, and the main event was a contrived attempt to capture the magic of the previous year.

27 - Hmm... Not sure now if it was the previous years^ Punk and Rey match I really liked, or this years Cody and Rey one :ROFLMAO: Let's go with both. Undertaker and Triple H's match is one of my absolute all-time favourites, and even though there's more here I hate than there was at 26 (Cole and King, the main event) that one match (and how positive a surprise Snooki turned out to be:LOL:) means I'd take this over that.

34 - The first half of this show, starting with the pre-show and going all the way up till probably the Bludgeon Brothers winning the tag titles was incredible. This was on course to being the great Wrestlemania EVER... And then... The Nicholas thing was mildly amusing if you can just get on board with the idea that their entire tag division is a joke, but really, considering all of the talent involved, the second half of this show might be about as bad as Wrestlemania has ever been. Best of times, worst of times. Can't believe I'm ranking it this high, but the first half really was unbelievably good.

31 - Triple H and Sting was embarrassing, Cena has his second comical Mania result in a row, and Undertaker and Bray was ridiculously underwhelming, but I think the highs outdid the lows - I really liked the Battle Royal until WWE had to WWE on the ending, and so I hate it. The opener was entertaining, Randy and Seth was good, and the main event was really good. Wasn't this also the one with Rock, Ronda, Triple H and Steph? That was really good too.

28 - It's a three-match show, but those three matches were worth it. Hate Bryan and Sheamus, especially as it made INFINITELY more sense to have applied that gimmick to Cody and Big Show's match, but Punk and Jericho was great, Undertaker and Triple H was one of the most melodramatically, over the top and wonderful things WWE has ever produced, and for something with a year of build, two totally mediocre workers, and a 30 minute run time the main event was far more entertaining than it had any right to be.

30 - Bryan's two matches are incredible. Couple those two with that beautiful ending to the Battle Royal, and those moments coupled with the momentous drama of the streak ending, and the Hogan, Austin, Rock bit easily carry this above the others.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts