Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I swear Dean Ambrose will become a MEGASTAR if wwe let's him be himself and doesn't water him down at all. "IF" they don't do that your looking at someone who will become a megastar like Rock, Austin, Hogan, Sting, and Cena. The worst he can become is at icon level like HHH, Taker, Batista, Nash, Goldberg, Lesnar, HBK, etc.

Here is the promo that this reminds me of, which really upsets me, seeing as the Punk of today has been virtually stripped of EVERYTHING that made indy Punk awesome. Whether it be by WWE or Punk himself, he's been stripped.

Therefore, I will hang on to Ambrose to become the potential megastar I hoped Punk would achieve.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
We are all sure he will becoma a megastar.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't it amazing what guys can come up with when they haven't got someone else writing for them?
That and being allowed to have promos BACKSTAGE without holding a dumb mic! It seems WAY more real when they do it like this! If Punk were allowed to give uninterrupted promos backstage he may actually evolve and become a bigger star.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I like his character a lot, that is how you play a psychotic dude. Ambrose IMO is set for one of the biggest pushes this year since they are holding back his debut right now. To me that means that they actually want to do something interesting and big with him and thus don't want to rush him. Ambrose is a character that we have not seen in WWE in a long time, probably since 1996/1997 in the talents of Brian Pillman and even further down time with Roddy Pipper. It would be refreshing to see Ambrose start a legitimate feud with someone off the bat, because the most recent debuts (Brodus Clay, Ryback, and Lord Tensai) have all been subjected to squashing people every week.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like his character a lot, that is how you play a psychotic dude. Ambrose IMO is set for one of the biggest pushes this year since they are holding back his debut right now. To me that means that they actually want to do something interesting and big with him and thus don't want to rush him. Ambrose is a character that we have not seen in WWE in a long time, probably since 1996/1997 in the talents of Brian Pillman and even further down time with Roddy Pipper. It would be refreshing to see Ambrose start a legitimate feud with someone off the bat, because the most recent debuts (Brodus Clay, Ryback, and Lord Tensai) have all been subjected to squashing people every week.
My bet's on Foley, and then a returning Rey Mysterio second :D

We'll see if I'm right!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
This guy is fucking awesome and will become a top star no doubt about it, the sooner he gets on TV the better.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know they are going to script him to the eyes balls.

They do with everyone.
I'm not even thinking about that, because if I do, I'll just be some disgruntled internet poster who can't enjoy anything without being pessimistic, and who would want to be like that :rolleyes:

Maybe with HHH heading talent Relations now, and SOO MANY legends discussing how WWE NEEDS to be unscripted with regards to promos, that maybe things will change starting with Dean.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Totally getting a young Punk vibe too now. One thing that is really noticeable about Ambrose, which goes to show how this guy is the real deal, is how much he has bulked up since joining FCW. This is as big as I've ever seen him, he has really put in the hours to give himself that WWE look. If I recall correctly the guy is well over six foot anyway. It is important that he doesn't look like a wimp, like he seems like someone who could realistically beat the crap out of any other WWE superstar.

About the Promo itself..yeah, what else is there to say? This guy can take the smallest thing, the simplest storyline and SELL IT. I can't think of the last guy this good at the lost art of the Promo as Ambrose.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Totally getting a young Punk vibe too now. One thing that is really noticeable about Ambrose, which goes to show how this guy is the real deal, is how much he has bulked up since joining FCW. This is as big as I've ever seen him, he has really put in the hours to give himself that WWE look. If I recall correctly the guy is well over six foot anyway. It is important that he doesn't look like a wimp, like he seems like someone who could realistically beat the crap out of any other WWE superstar.

About the Promo itself..yeah, what else is there to say? This guy can take the smallest thing, the simplest storyline and SELL IT. I can't think of the last guy this good at the lost art of the Promo as Ambrose.
Well, there is a Grand Champion that used to do some sadistically awesome promos...

I think he's still pretty good at it now too. :D

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm not even thinking about that, because if I do, I'll just be some disgruntled internet poster who can't enjoy anything without being pessimistic, and who would want to be like that :rolleyes:

Maybe with HHH heading talent Relations now, and SOO MANY legends discussing how WWE NEEDS to be unscripted with regards to promos, that maybe things will change starting with Dean.

I think it's a legit concern, Ambrose is Raw and WWE can be so safe nowadays, we have such high expectations and are comparing him to guys of times gone by. I really hope you're right with regards to things changing and Dean being a major force in that change. They would be stupid to tone him down anymore than necessary. I think Brye has it right though, he should shine through regardless of any attempts to limit him, he's just got too much intensity.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
The sound quality is kinda off, couldn't hear what he said very well so it wasn't very enjoyable at all (FCW has shitty quality hence why I don't watch the show, no need for background noises), but I've seen the guy do tons of promos before back when he was still Jon Moxley and I know he's good. Imo OP he's not like CM Punk, sure Punk had a few rebellic promos, but Moxley is a far deeper character than CM Punk ever was, he's more in the Brian Pillman/Jake Roberts psycho level while Punk is still serious, but more Roddy Piper-like...aka not as stylish, extreme, psychologically confronting but still intense compared to anybody else so they're similar, but not quite alike. Punk was never a psycho.

And yeah, it's pretty obvious Ambrose will get pretty far. Shocked by his look, he must have already started the roids. If he continues juicing and working out, he'll look like Cena in 2 years, he already looks much bigger than I've ever seen him.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Him and Regal twisted relationship is so great and it's been wasted on FCW.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Yeah, I watched that promo in another thread. Pretty intense. He seems to be in fine tune with this tormented character that he is playing. He reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto, I know there aren't many anime fans around here, but he's the first person that comes to mind when I saw that promo. Some much evolution can come from this guy if booked right. I can now officially say, I can't wait. :)

Reactions: THANOS

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I watched that promo in another thread. Pretty intense. He seems to be in fine tune with this tormented character that he is playing. He reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto, I know there aren't many anime fans around here, but he's the first person that comes to mind when I saw that promo. Some much evolution can come from this guy if booked right. I can now officially say, I can't wait. :)
Agreed completely bro. He's totally Sasuke! Great comparison lol! He kinda has a nicolas cage from "Vampire's Kiss" about him as well which is fucking amazing!! :cool2 (Y)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts