Discussion Starter #1
Daniel Bryan for me-
Doesnt need to break kayfabe
Has great control over the crowd

Punk maybe runner up but he has lost his edge in his boring feud with Jericho

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Out of the new guys id say punk but best mic worker currently on the show is jericho. He's great. The Rock ofcourse but that goes without saying. Ziggler is good id just wish they'd give him more time to cut a decent promo. And Cena isn't bad too...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Jericho.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Kane... greatly unappreciated on the mic... probably because he uses words the crowd are too stupid to understand.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Daniel Bryan is no way the best mic worker in the company right now. He is good in the ring but is quite poor on the the mic I feel. Ive always thought his mic work has been holding him back in the WWE.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Daniel Bryan is no way the best mic worker in the company right now. He is good in the ring but is quite poor on the the mic I feel. Ive always thought his mic work has been holding him back in the WWE.
Right now, his mic skills are great. The last few promos he has cut have been great.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Im sorry wtf happen did i died or did i travel to the future or something? why in the hell is D.Bryan in that list? awesome crowd control? the fuck is this?

its Jericho BTW and no one is even close to him

·
Registered
193 Posts
The fact that Jericho was given a debut on mic, interrupting the Rock says it all.. Out of that list. him.
this says it all

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Jericho is the only real money mic worker in WWE today, not in his current program because even he can't save it from the stupidity. Cena can be on rare occasions and Orton was when he wasn't stuck is a limited Viper character. Other than that? mediocre, comedy or just terrible and impossible to take seriously because the acting and facial expressions are so bad.

·
Premium Member
17,315 Posts
I was sold on Daniel Bryan during his Piper Pit's sketch. He did really well with Piper, wasn't drug along or anything. Plus, he is keeping to his gimmick, yet slightly changing to more heel every episode, and usually doing it all just by talking. Right now I think he is best.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
That's the big problem they have. They don't have any real good mic-workers. To me, John Cena is probably the best talker at the moment.

But i dont like the "Rise above hate"-kind of promos of him.

I hope sooner or later some one will come and step up.

Also mentionable would be Santino Marella, but he's too pure on comedy.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
You probably mean when Rock is not around right?

Daniel Bryan has long way to climb to be considered really good. But at least his on a good way. Maybe in a few years we will put good and DB in the same place but as of now he just comes off really mediocre at best. Although AJ does a wonderful job cover up that fact so props should go to her.

Y2J used to be awesome but as of late in this feud everything he says just doesn't hit home anymore. IMO even his jeritroll stuff was better than this.

Punk? Well I dunno this guy can be great at times but as long as he genuinely doesn't have anything to whine about he will never get close to The Rock... snarky attitude I guess it's a bit tiresome at times. Although it can be really good if done with the right opponent and storyline.

HHH is probably the right answer ATM. He always has it and still does. One of my all time favorite mic talkers.

Although from all the rookies that have come in into smackdown that Damien guy has impressed me the most. I'm really liking his current gimmick and hope he will get an awesome start with a good storyline in WWE with someone important.

·
Registered
517 Posts
From guys you listed it goes like this: Jericho > Punk > Cena > Bryan.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Jericho, Punk, Kane, Christian, Henry, Ziggler and Otunga.

Can't believe Christian hasn't got a mention yet, the guy is awesome at every role he's played both in WWE and TNA.

Mark Henry has been such a great badass.

The #ASKTHEHEEL segment on Zack Ryder's YouTube show sums up Ziggler, the guy's immense. If he gets booked to talk like that in his show-off gimmick, it will be amazing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm going with Jericho. I took for granted that Punk would make the feud before it started, but Jericho has won me over. He makes the feud atm. Punk is good, but Jericho is awesome.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts