Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favourite games on any video game you have played.

I had a match on Fifa 11 online.

He chose Man United and i chose Man City. He was on mic and was a really nice guy. We had a great convo about Football over the mic. Anyway. He scored 5 minutes in. I couldn't get into the game at all and he scored again near half time.

I came out 2nd half and was all over him. But despite having 20 shots on goal, i could only scored twice. We went to extra time. He scored early and he thought he'd won it, but i scored 2 later in extra time. 4-3 winner.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
FIFA Ultimate Team 11, both 5* teams but my opponent had the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Villa etc. He completely fucked me up in the first half, half time I was 5-0 down and felt like quitting (not that I ever would), anyway the momentum completely shifted the second half and I ended up winning 6-5, scoring the last goal in stoppage time, I actually let out a loud scream

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
on mortal kombat and ssf4 ive had some real classics recently.my raiden against a certain guys ermac,its 5 all atm.my cody on ssf4 usually gives good ryu,oni and akuma players a run for there money also on regular basis.
i cant seem to find any satisfaction in playing online at other types of games tbh,at least with fighters there is no hiding place,no advanced weapons just you,your character of choice and your finger skill.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Fifa 11 earlier.

Against my mate who is just as good as me, it depends solely on the luck of the bounces on who wins the matches. I can win against him with Accrington vs Chelsea and vice versa on our days.

I was Bolton, he was United. He goes 1-0 up in the 80th minute, and it looks like he's winning. Johan Elmander goes through and pops a cheeky lob over De Gea (we update the squads). 1-1, extra time.

5 minutes to go and it looks like we're going to penalties. Suddenly I can't stop scoring, N'Gog with a finesse strike from outside the box. Holden with a 20 yard volley, and Holden again with a back post header.

Won 4-1. Was just epic how fun the match was back and forth. Writing this has made me want to go online.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
The greatest time I've ever had gaming was with SD HCTP back in the day. My friend and I had a triangle tag team ladder match and it lasted well over and hour and produced some of the funniest moments of my entire life, gaming or not. I don't remember what team I was or who he had on his team but the third team was Taker/Kane and we all beat the fuck out of each other trying to climb the ladder. My friend eventually won, I believe, and I wasn't even mad. It was too much fun, miss times like that.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
If we speaking of online encounters. Hahaha well I can say i had a few. Most memorable where in COD 3 on xbox where I was kicking ass. Other ones where when I finally managed to come first in Share the Pain in postal 2. Had some really awesome battles there.

Finally I have to say I really had some good times in Diablo 2. I surely lose more than I win but it's beyond fun to actually run your mouth on different topics in that game when you are losing hehe.

Anyways had lots of classic battles in Worms World Party with many friends. Now I just love a classic turn based action game form time to time.

Halo used to be fun until other people who i used to play against became so damn good I could not even come close.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
I'd go with a rather epic match I had with a mate years ago on King of Colosseum II. I was Kenta Kobashi and he was Mitsuharu Misawa, and we damn near killed ourselves trying to get the win. Lasted 45 minutes and had a ridiculous amount of near falls.

Another contender is a 60 minute Iron Man match between me (as an AJ Styles CAW) against the same mate (as a Samoa Joe CAW) on Day of Reckoning 2. Man was tiring but rather awesome.

Moving away from wrestling, I've had excellent games with people (and mates) on FIFA. A recent one that comes to mind was me beating my friend 7-2 last weekend and despite it being one-sided, it was my best performance on FIFA 11.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Six-Man Elimination Tag on SvR11. Me and Two Gangstas vs Jeff Hardy and Two Suicides

It HAD to be been at least an hour before that match ended. I was literally sweating blood when it was over.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
PES6. Me & my mate vs 2 random chaps online. They were Barca and we chose Man United. We were destroyed 4-0 in the first half, but came back in the second to level 4-4. 90th minute JOHN O'SHEA pops up with the winner. End of the match? Nope, my mate concedes a penalty in injury time and I berate him. Ronaldinho steps up and misses the goal entirely, final whistle.

SvR 2009 MITB ladder match. Lasted 100 minutes before I made a dying run up the ladder and grab with Rey.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
In Marvel vs Capcom 3 I won an online match with Taskmaster being my only character left and the other person having all three characters left. That win from behind was epic.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
tag match with me and some guy vs two gangstas on smackdown vs raw 2010. All three other guys were using CAWs and both were glitched to hit ridiculous moves over and over. Both had top stats too.

I chose CM Punk. They were Jeff hardy fans. You can guess how this would go

my partner dropped out, so then i was essentially screwed. they kept hammering me with finishers for around half an hour, with me only getting a few chair shots here and there and some limited offense. I think they got about 20 finishers in together.

They wouldnt go for a single pinfall though. I felt i was in a TNA match or something. Then, in the end by some miracle, I hit a strong kick to one of the opponent's skulls, other guy ran at me to hit another finisher, reversed it into a small package. 1.....2......3!

Anyone else woulda given up, i still consider it one of my best wins ever.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
I faced my friend in a 30 minute Iron Man Match on SVR 2011. We were reversing each other like crazy,then the score eventually ended up being 1 & 1. He got the last score after catching me off guard & nailing his finisher on me. Pretty good match,especially considering the fact that i was playing on dial-up 8*D.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
In past Smackdown v Raw games me and my mate had some Money ibn the Bank matches which went 50-60 minutes, where everyone was busted open 'on red', all did about 500 big spots each etc, so fun.

And two Xbox 360 live games that stick out. FIFA 08.

Me vs my mate, I was Inter he was Chelsea. He went up 3-0 at half time, came back and won 4-3, with th last goal deeeep in injury time. Not just that, but like 5 of the 7 goals were amazing, long range screamers, bycicle kicks, free kicks etc. End to end all game.

Also me vs my mate, exactly like that (add in an awful lot of comedy), in terms of end to end and goals. Was 6-6 at the end of extra time, and he eventually won on pens.

Edit: I actually text my mate after I finished the 6-6er and said something along the lines off 'well it looks like i've had a better game then the onne we had the other day'. Funny how they were so close together too.

I'll never forget those two FIFA games ^

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
online game wise.. during the stanley cup finals.. Me and a friend decided to have a game.. Vancouver vs. Boston(we do it just to have fun lol) anyway the game went 12 periods before one of us scored a goal and won.. and we play legit time, 20 mins a period.. not counting the breaks we took we went about 4 and a half hours.. it was crazy.. idk how i scored the winning goal, but somehow my one time slipped right past the goalie.. and i marked the fuck out..

not counting online gameplay.. Kingdom Hearts 1 where you fight seperoth

·
Banned
13,409 Posts
Smackdown Vs Raw 2009, I had used a Kurt Angle CAW and my partner left the cage leaving me in a 2-1 position, I didn't give up cuz I got up so quit but would never escape the cage on time :/ I lost after like twenty minutes. And I was using a defaulted overal 90, no attribute Kurt Angle CAW

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I can say I had a lot of good fights on Horde on Gears of War 2. It's really fun when you finally take that game seriously and get into it and reach new highs. To bad often it depends on the mood if you get into this game.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts