Wrestling Forum banner

The best in both roles?

1612 Views 20 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Damian77D
This thread is to discuss which wrestler is able to place both a heel and a face the best, or who is able to turn the crowd the easiest.

In my opinion its The Rock based on his ability to give promos under 10 minutes in which at the start the crowd will chant his name, and by the end have that very same crowd scream "asshole" and "you sold out" at him.

Honorable mention goes to HHH, Kane, Big Show and Jericho
Reactions: randelic
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,446 Posts
This thread is to discuss which wrestler is able to place both a heel and a face the best, or who is able to turn the crowd the easiest.

In my opinion its The Rock based on his ability to give promos under 10 minutes in which at the start the crowd will chant his name, and by the end have that very same crowd scream "asshole" and "you sold out" at him.

Honorable mention goes to HHH, Kane, Big Show and Jericho
Yeah i would definitely say the Rock. Angle was pretty good at being a face and heel as well.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Angle and Jericho are great dual-role guys. Undertaker's Ministry run is one of the most insane things wrestling ever did. Fantastic.

Foley could play a face or a heel quite well and he did it as different characters and in
several companies.

· Banned
2,581 Posts
Jericho is probably the most versatile I've seen although the Rock was absolutely outstanding with his Hollywood gimmick, I'm not sure he could have sustained it for more than a few months due to him being too damn funny.

· Registered
225 Posts
Hard to determine. I would say The Rock should be mentioned, but every time he had a heel run (all of which I enjoyed, btw), he would sooner or later get cheered to the point where he'd turn face again. Remember how the fans turned on Goldberg and started cheering for the Rock in the middle of their match at Backlash 2003?

Was he a fun heel? Absolutely. But he wouldn't get booed forever. People liked him too much no matter what he was doing.

Hogan and Angle were the two best ever in this regard in my book. Jericho is a close second, but his Y2J character is clearly hurt within the confines. Part of what got him so over as a face back in the day, and what made him so entertaining, was the way he'd verbally destroy Stephanie and others. He can't do that as hilariously or effectively in today's confines, sadly.

Eddie Guerrero is also up there, and Batista also smoothly made a transition from very over face to great heel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.