Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Liger does deserve recognition considering he has had a legendary tenure in wrestling, with WWE or not.

Too bad the prestige goes out the fuckin' window when you announce the Bellas alongside him.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Was it offensive that Eddie Guerrero got in before Randy Savage? Or were extenuating circumstances that made that even a reality? Listen I love Eddie Guererro great wrestler definitely should be honored in a Hall of Fame but was he more important to the fabric of WWE than Randy Savage? The answer is not a fucking chance. Is offensive that Sgt. Slaughter and Tito Santana were inducted before Hulk Hogan(who is unequivocally one of the most important figures in WWE and modern wrestling history)? Or are you just so anti-Bellas that you can't see it for what it is? It's a thank you for your service honour. They would get in eventually but they still are associated with the company(which is a huge factor in being inducted) and I believe under contract(also a plus) so why not induct them. There are so many hoops to jump through for many deserving individuals to get into the WWE Hall of Fame. Let's face it some people or their families want nothing to do with WWE, or they are currently contracted to another wrestling company, or the Boss doesn't like them and those issues will always be a sticking point for people being inducted because it isn't a real or unbiased Hall of Fame. Taking it so fucking seriously that it sticks in your craw that someone is inducted "out of turn" is hilarious, frightening, and just a wee bit sad.
It is frightening? You are afraid of someone having an opinion on the internet? That is pretty strange. I understand WHY they are getting it now, I simply do not think they deserve it now. It is an opinion worth the same as anyone else's. If the point is the HoF is just dumb, I mean why care for anything?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Luna is in the Hall of Fame in the legacy section she was "inducted" last year.

In regards to Elizabeth who knows if she will ever be or why she hasn't been yet even though she is very important and deserving of enshrinement?

As I stated earlier the WWE Hall of Fame is as much a "thank you for your service" honour as it is an honour based on any achievements kayfabe or otherwise. The sooner people realize that and that it is all dependent on good standing relationships, amends being made, agreements that can be reached, etc the better off they will be. It's like an annual whine party for so many people. Get the hell over it. It's always been a joke of a Hall of Fame for those very reasons.
I didn't even know there WAS a legacy section.

It still doesn't sit well with me that Luna doesn't get a speech made about her when she gave her life to the business but the Bellas will go out there talking about how much they paved the way for the women's revolution and a bunch of people kissing their ass like they're something special even though they slept their way to the top. Sable slept her way to the top too but at least she was pioneer in some sense and the women's division was resurrected due to her popularity.

The Bella Twins have done nothing really noteworthy. The height of their careers being Brie's feud with Stephanie (which started great but turned into shit due to the "mistress" angle and then Stephanie winning in the end and a very necessary heel turn by Nikki leading into a meh extended feud between the Bellas).

Really the best part of their career was seeing AJ Lee bury the women's division with her pipe bomb and the Bella's reaction to it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I didn't even know there WAS a legacy section.

It still doesn't sit well with me that Luna doesn't get a speech made about her when she gave her life to the business but the Bellas will go out there talking about how much they paved the way for the women's revolution and a bunch of people kissing their ass like they're something special even though they slept their way to the top. Sable slept her way to the top too but at least she was pioneer in some sense and the women's division was resurrected due to her popularity.

The Bella Twins have done nothing really noteworthy. The height of their careers being Brie's feud with Stephanie (which started great but turned into shit due to the "mistress" angle and then Stephanie winning in the end and a very necessary heel turn by Nikki leading into a meh extended feud between the Bellas).

Really the best part of their career was seeing AJ Lee bury the women's division with her pipe bomb and the Bella's reaction to it.
I'm not trying to justify the Bellas induction based on merit. They are good employees who carved out long and successful careers in WWE and they have done a lot of work for WWE away from the ring that's really all there is to it. The WWE hall of fame isn't about accomplishments, good angles, great matches, or the like it's about glad-handing, relationships, and probably paychecks too.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
It is frightening? You are afraid of someone having an opinion on the internet? That is pretty strange. I understand WHY they are getting it now, I simply do not think they deserve it now. It is an opinion worth the same as anyone else's. If the point is the HoF is just dumb, I mean why care for anything?
You can have whatever opinion you want what I find frightening is that people seem to take this so seriously that it PERSONALLY offends them. I shudder to think how some people would react to things that actually affect their everyday lives.

There should be some priority to what people care so deeply about. You know things like family, friends, work, health etc. TV Shows and Halls of Fame are not those thingsd IMO.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Look the argument we’ll be whether or not The Bella’s Deserve to be inducted. Personally? No. But I think the more pressing Queston before Mrs Elizabeth, Stacey Kiebler etc. Are they cultural icons?

You could argue Second Rate Kardashiana these days. Did they have a big impact on the “woman’s evolution”. Yes and No. They did drove a lot of the audience away. I don’t think they had any where near the impact or Chyna obviously (who Wwe refuse to induct individually). Or Beth Phoneix. Or Paige and AJ Lee. But I guess their induction was inevitable.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,368 Posts
I'm a big fan of when they acknowledge people who had little or no association to WWE. Example would be say if somehow a guy like Christopher Daniels got in.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
You can have whatever opinion you want what I find frightening is that people seem to take this so seriously that it PERSONALLY offends them. I shudder to think how some people would react to things that actually affect their everyday lives.

There should be some priority to what people care so deeply about. You know things like family, friends, work, health etc. TV Shows and Halls of Fame are not those thingsd IMO.
It would be nice if wrestling companies could take themselves somewhat seriously. Because the moment people start to be OK with mediocrity we get exactly where we are now. Ratings at an all time low, and dispassionate fans. No one here is equating wrestling to things that matter the most in life...that is way too black and white thinking to me.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
If true, the Bellas immediately become two of the very worst performers in the Hall of Fame. Actually, they might be the worst. At least Koko B. Ware was over, by god.

Even Jennifer Aniston is a BIG stretch as far as Cultural Icons go.

Do you think Jennifer Aniston movies are going to be watched or even remembered in one hundred years?

I very much doubt it.
I wouldn't call her an icon, and none of her movies will be remembered, but there's a decent chance Friends will have cultural cache a hundred years from now. On a related note, ask every person in your life which is better, Friends or Seinfeld. If they say Friends, slap them in the face. Very, very hard.

·
Hardcore Casual
613 Posts
Putting Liger in just seems so weird since they have little history with him. I hate wrestling companies doing the honor random folk we have no connection to thing.
I don't. It's one of the things that I hate about the WWE M.O. most of the time: pretend like they're the only wrestling promotion to have ever existed. I find it actually lends itself to credibility when someone truly deserving as an industry pioneer or exceptional performer gets inducted and it doesn't necessarily have to do with lining the coffers of that particular company. It's a bit like retiring numbers league-wide. Some people contribute to the sport/industry to such a degree that it doesn't really matter if they played on "your team" or not (Lou Thesz, Harley Race, Ric Flair etc.).

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
No issue with Bellas going into the HOF but why now?

I still consider them active. I know they're not exactly wrestling anymore - but they still have their reality shows associated to WWE, and i don't consider either truly fully retired yet. Wouldn't giving it a few more years make sense?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Disappointed the Bellas are getting in before many more deserving ladies. Surprised about Liger given the lack of work with WWE but pleasantly surprised as he is definitely worthy of any wrestling hall of fame.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
No issue with Bellas going into the HOF but why now?

I still consider them active. I know they're not exactly wrestling anymore - but they still have their reality shows associated to WWE, and i don't consider either truly fully retired yet. Wouldn't giving it a few more years make sense?
Why in god's name would that matter? WWE has inducted plenty of people that weren't fully retired. The cupboard of potential HOFers is almost bare, so it's understandable that WWE is scraping the bottom of the barrel with two of the very worst female performers in professional wrestling history, two chicks that talked as if they'd just been roofied and wrestled like a stack of wooden boards with learning disabilities.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Well done to 'The Bellas'.... but by April 2020 they may be too pregnant to travel and step-daddy John Laurinaitis (wearing BirdieBee clothing) may have to accept the HOF on their behalf.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts