Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
The BELLAS in before Miss Elizabeth, Woman, Sable, Terri Runnels, Stacey Keibler, Melina, Kimberly Page, Dawn Marie, many deserving others. What a joke.
The Hall of Fame has always been a joke.

It is as much about being a "thank you for your service" honour as it is about any achievements kayfabe or otherwise. This isn't new and if a purely ceremonial distinction gets your goat like that you have serious issues. Everyone knew it was only a matter of time until the Bellas went into the Hall of Fame. They are longstanding employees who have done a great deal of work on camera and off for the company. It's completely inoffensive.

The Liger HoF induction is interesting. I get why they would do it as he had a profound impact on junior heavyweight wrestling all around the world. His connection to WCW is also notable plus he's one of my all-time favourite wrestlers so I'm more than okay with him getting an honour like this.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
The Hall of Fame has always been a joke.

It is as much about being a "thank you for your service" honour as it is about any achievements kayfabe or otherwise. This isn't new and if a purely ceremonial distinction gets your goat like that you have serious issues. Everyone knew it was only a matter of time until the Bellas went into the Hall of Fame. They are longstanding employees who have done a great deal of work on camera and off for the company. It's completely inoffensive.

The Liger HoF induction is interesting. I get why they would do it as he had a profound impact on junior heavyweight wrestling all around the world. His connection to WCW is also notable plus he's one of my all-time favourite wrestlers so I'm more than okay with him getting an honour like this.
It is offensive that they are going in before so many more talented people who came way before them.

·
Registered
22,622 Posts
WWE really could put anyone in their HOF and I really won't care. I've stopped caring a long time about the "legitimacy" of the HOF. The only thing that still bothers me about it is the Warrior Award.

Mainly I just think it's cool Liger could be acknowledged on a bigger stage.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Aren’t both Bella twins pregnant? I doubt they induct them while they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
The BELLAS in before Miss Elizabeth, Woman, Sable, Terri Runnels, Stacey Keibler, Melina, Kimberly Page, Dawn Marie, many deserving others. What a joke.
Bella's made more money for WWE through merch alone than woman, Terri runnels, Stacy, Melina, page or Dawn Marie.

Nikki also mainevented a ppv with 12,000 in attendance more than survivor series 2001, 04, 10, 12. Brie was in second biggest match at Summerslam 2014.

Elizabeth and sable of those you listed are the only ones that should be suggested for hall of fame consideration.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Bella's made more money for WWE through merch alone than woman, Terri runnels, Stacy, Melina, page or Dawn Marie.

Nikki also mainevented a ppv with 12,000 in attendance more than survivor series 2001, 04, 10, 12. Brie was in second biggest match at Summerslam 2014.

Elizabeth and sable of those you listed are the only ones that should be suggested for hall of fame consideration.
What PPV did she main event that drew 12,000 MORE people than those other events? And Brie was in a big match once so that qualifies?

The others were certainly on programs that had higher ratings than anything the Bellas were ever on.

I never even said they do not deserve it EVENTUALLY, especially since the HoF means next to nothing at this point. But all those other women deserve it first.

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
What PPV did she main event that drew 12,000 MORE people than those other events? And Brie was in a big match once so that qualifies?
I didn't say 12k more. I said it drew 12,000. Survivor Series 2001 drew 10,000 in a venue setup for 13,000. 2004 survivor series drew 7,500 in a venue setup for 14,500. Survivor Series 10 and 12 both did around 8k, well below capacity

The others were certainly on programs that had higher ratings than anything the Bellas were ever on.
Were any of the women responsible for those numbers? Bella's were on raw night Donald Trump bought it and it did 7 odd million. Obviously they wouldn't be credited for that.

I never even said they do not deserve it EVENTUALLY, especially since the HoF means next to nothing at this point. But all those other women deserve it first.
It doesn't matter but Bella's will sell more tickets for show than Runnels, Melina, Page or Dawn Marie. Stacey might sell a few but Bella's are more in spotlight with their reality shows and hugely popular YouTube channel.

Looking at Stubhub HOF is by far weakest of the four shows (raw, takeover, SD the others) ticket sales wise so they need acts that fans will buy tickets for

·
Premium Member
43,709 Posts
It'll be cool to see Liger get honored Wrestlemania weekend. I'll have that to mark out for. With the nWo also going in, I can mark out for plenty with this class. And heck, I like Batista too!

The Bellas...whatever. Look, they got fame because of who they were dating. Nikki got to a point where she was solid, while Brie stayed awful, but they got more famous off the reality shows than anything else. I'm not mad they are going in...I just don't care.

My question is does their inclusion fit both the women and celebrity quota this year?

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
I didn't say 12k more. I said it drew 12,000. Survivor Series 2001 drew 10,000 in a venue setup for 13,000. 2004 survivor series drew 7,500 in a venue setup for 14,500. Survivor Series 10 and 12 both did around 8k, well below capacity
You did say "with 12,000 in attendance more than." Not using punctuation correctly causes confusion. Are you talking about the 33 SECOND match she had against AJ Lee? That was also NOT the main event and speaking of people who deserve it before a Bella: AJ!

Were any of the women responsible for those numbers? Bella's were on raw night Donald Trump bought it and it did 7 odd million. Obviously they wouldn't be credited for that.
I would say Kim and the Nitro Girls helped ratings in part. Stacey was certainly good for ratings. Dawn Marie was a huge part of ECW. Terri got more cheers than any Bella ever got just by wearing a revealing outfit. Again, I am not trying to bury them here, but to say they are worthy so quickly after retirement kind of misses the point.

It doesn't matter but Bella's will sell more tickets for show than Runnels, Melina, Page or Dawn Marie. Stacey might sell a few but Bella's are more in spotlight with their reality shows and hugely popular YouTube channel.

Looking at Stubhub HOF is by far weakest of the four shows (raw, takeover, SD the others) ticket sales wise so they need acts that fans will buy tickets for
You think anyone would buy a ticket just because the Bellas will be there? Not many. Now announce AJ Lee and she will move tickets. So would Stacey. Probably not the deceased ones just because they will not be there in person.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Too early for the Bella twins. Have they even been retired a year yet? Nikki has entered the HOF quicker than Cena. Let that sink in.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
There´s such a thing as being famous for being famous.. That´s not a positive thing. And the WWE HOF is supposed to be because you contributed in a positive way to wrestling and/or WWF/E- The Bella twins are the personification of everything that´s wrong with women´s wrestling.
And like others have said; Bella twins before Chyna is BS.
Hey I never said they got to where they are because of talent but it is what it is. The wwe hof has lots its luster a long time ago (if it even has any)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
It is offensive that they are going in before so many more talented people who came way before them.

Was it offensive that Eddie Guerrero got in before Randy Savage? Or were extenuating circumstances that made that even a reality? Listen I love Eddie Guererro great wrestler definitely should be honored in a Hall of Fame but was he more important to the fabric of WWE than Randy Savage? The answer is not a fucking chance. Is offensive that Sgt. Slaughter and Tito Santana were inducted before Hulk Hogan(who is unequivocally one of the most important figures in WWE and modern wrestling history)? Or are you just so anti-Bellas that you can't see it for what it is? It's a thank you for your service honour. They would get in eventually but they still are associated with the company(which is a huge factor in being inducted) and I believe under contract(also a plus) so why not induct them. There are so many hoops to jump through for many deserving individuals to get into the WWE Hall of Fame. Let's face it some people or their families want nothing to do with WWE, or they are currently contracted to another wrestling company, or the Boss doesn't like them and those issues will always be a sticking point for people being inducted because it isn't a real or unbiased Hall of Fame. Taking it so fucking seriously that it sticks in your craw that someone is inducted "out of turn" is hilarious, frightening, and just a wee bit sad.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
What a joke. What is WWE's obsession with the Bella Twins? lol. There has never been anything remarkable about them. Can Miss Elizabeth or maybe Luna get inducted?
Luna is in the Hall of Fame in the legacy section she was "inducted" last year.

In regards to Elizabeth who knows if she will ever be or why she hasn't been yet even though she is very important and deserving of enshrinement?

As I stated earlier the WWE Hall of Fame is as much a "thank you for your service" honour as it is an honour based on any achievements kayfabe or otherwise. The sooner people realize that and that it is all dependent on good standing relationships, amends being made, agreements that can be reached, etc the better off they will be. It's like an annual whine party for so many people. Get the hell over it. It's always been a joke of a Hall of Fame for those very reasons.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts